- 1. Tommaso Milano Men’s Commuter Spin Bike Cycling Shoe
- 2. Venzo Mountain Bike Bicycle Cycling Shimano SPD Shoes
- 3. Diamondback Men’s Trace Clipless Pedal Compatible Cycling Shoe
- 4. Giro Carbide R Bike Shoes
- 5. Fizik R5 UOMO BOA Road Cycling Shoes
Some might look at biking shoes as just another accessory but this just isn’t true. Some might think they are a waste of money but for any serious rider, they will tell you a different story. Any biker will tell that the shoes make all the difference and the design is vital in deciding on a pair.
Biking shoes have rigid uppers ad stiff soles. The reason for this is to prevent your feet from cramping by transferring power to the pedals and therefore, providing more support to your feet. These shoes are generally fitted with clips that are snapped into the pedal but they don’t all come that way. Clipless pedals offer a seamless transfer of energy to the cycle from your legs.
These are just some of the basic reasons to get biking shoes, but now that you know you need them, the question becomes what biking shoes do you get? This is why we are here putting this post together. We wanted to share some of the highest rated biking shoes for 2019 and talk about what makes them great. Most of these shoes are for the budget shopper as biking shoes can get pricey.
Please enjoy our list of some of the best rated biking shoes on the market in 2019. We hope it helps make your decision a little bit easier.
Tommaso Milano Men’s Commuter/Spin Bike Cycling Shoe
The first biking shoe to make our list is the Tommaso Milano Men’s Commuter/Spin Bike Shoe. This highly rated biking shoe is an affordable option if you are looking for a clip shoe. If you don’t consider yourself a hardcore cyclist, this shoe might be a great option as it is unassuming and doesn’t come off as being something the pros wear. The clips are really easy to put on and the shoe breaks in nicely after having moments of stiffness.
The Tommaso shoes are designed for versatility and comfort which allows you transition from riding to walking. These shoes are great for the novice getting into riding for the first time without looking like you are a wanna-be professional.
– These shoes are factory direct so you know you are getting a quality biking shoe.
– Relaxed and comfortable with a causal look than is perfect for everyday riding and commuting
– These biking shoes are extremely versatile and they offer comfort and performance like many shoes in this price range cannot
– Two year manufacturer warranty and 100% free fit returns
Venzo Mountain Bike Bicycle Cycling Shimano SPD Shoes
Venzo has come out with another hit shoe for your bike riding needs. For around $70, you are getting a great combo set with everything you need to get you riding down the road comfortably. In this set you are getting the shoes, cleats and pedals. The cool thing about these shoes is that the clips are two sided for extra support. In addition to the extra support, these Venzos provide a quality top side. When looking at the reviews, they tell a story of an extremely durable and comfortable shoe that is going to last you a long time.
– Award winning technology for better performance.
– Highly breathable, quick dry, mesh and synthetic upper
– Textile with a removable sock liner
– Low cut construction for a fast fit, and light feel
– Flexible forefoot and a running shoe beveled heel.
– This shoe is well-suited for all Shimano SPD pedal systems.
Diamondback Men’s Trace Clipless Pedal Compatible Cycling Shoe
The Diamondback biking shoe has a great look on and off the bike, but it also performs like a professional biking shoe. For just around $70 you are getting a biking shoe that has a breathable upper mesh and has a suede body. The rubber outsole on this shoe also offers a really comfortable fit with great walkability as well as giving the person wearing some great grip. This biking shoe is SPD compatible but also works well with platform pedals. You are also getting reinforced heel and toe cups for a more durable shoe and you get easy on and off convenience with the heel loops. As a summary, these shoes are worth the money and are great for both touring and mountain biking.
– This shoe has a suede body with a mesh upper that is very breathable
– The rubber outsole has a fiberglass armored nylon mid-sole for pedaling efficiency and offers great grip
– Works like a charm with platform pedals, but is also SPD compatible
– Reinforced heel cup and toe for improve sturdiness
– Great for touring and mountain biking, but also a wonderful option for indoor biking.
Giro Carbide R Bike Shoes
The Giro Carbide R Bike Shoes also made our list of highly rated biking shoes for 2019. This shoe is fantastic for the avid roadie. These shoes are really comfortable for long rides and gives you plenty of toe room. The soles of the Giro Carbide R Bike Shoes are stiff and transfer power really well. Another nice feature of these biking shoes is the that the cleats are slightly recessed into the shoe meaning you can walk on pavement and other surfaces without grinding down the cleats.
– Breathable and high-quality synthetic fiber upper
– 3-strap closure
– Inserted nylon high traction lugged outsole mid foot scuff guard houses steel toe spikes
– Formed EVA footbed with good arch support. Treated with Aegis anti-microbial
– Around 1 lb, 15 oz per pair
Fizik R5 UOMO BOA Road Cycling Shoes
And at the top of our list comes the Fizik R5 UOMO BOA Road Cycling Shoes. To start, these shoes just look great and they are made with really high quality materials. These shoes are stiff for power transfer, comfortable for long rides and really easy to get in and out of with the BOA clips that come standard. In essence, you are paying a little more but you are getting a really high quality biking shoe that weigh less that 250 g each, are easy to put on and really comfortable all while getting the performance you would hope for.
– High performance and Italian made
– Microtex /Reflective Heel Cap
– Carbon Reinforced Nylon outsole
– BOA IP1 closure system
– 3 – bolt road compatibility