Last Updated on October 18, 2023
Climbing shoes are one of the most important aspects of climbing. Whether you are mountain, cliff, cave, trad, or tree climber, the regular shoe you wear everyday is not going to cut it. Climbing shoes are made specifically for these purposes. If you have never been climbing or you are an experienced climber, the options for your shoe preferences are infinite. Finding the perfect shoe however takes a lot of research and looking around.
When it comes to climbing at any terrain or skill, it is well to have knowledge in which shoe is perfect for which situation. Although everyone is different when it comes to comfortability, down below are some of the highest rated shoes out on the market that not only specialize in tactile movements and grip, but style and making your feet feel as comfortable as possible. down below will be different shoes from different companies to browse through.
La Sportiva Testarossa Vibram X2 Grip2 Climbing Shoe
This shoe is brought to you by the company La Sportiva. This particular shoe comes in all different sizes and has been rated 5 out of 5 stars. Gripping edge technology has been constructed into this shoe with a downturned toe that is sure to keep you as close to the edge as possible. These shoes are best used for sport climbing, overhangs, and technical cliff face climbs. The price range on these shoes may vary from 170-180 US dollars.
– Downturned Toe: The downward angle that the shape of the shoe makes is to help you have a better hook on the edge of the ledge you are climbing. This benefits those who do aggressive climbing and find themselves on the very edge of the cliffs. With a toe-box equipped, the climber is easily able to clench onto the edge.
– Perfect Fit: As any climbing shoe should be, this company produces spot on shoe sizes for just about everyone. Laces built in as well to adjust the tightness.
Scarpa Chimera Climbing Shoe
The Scarpa Chimera Climbing Shoe is one of the best climbing shoes that Scarpa has to offer. If price is not a factor for you, upgrading to the Scarpa Chimera Climbing Shoe is a guaranteed great purchase. This shoe runs anywhere from 200-210 US dollars. This shoe runs in many sizes and different color patterns, any seasoned climber will tell you these are grade A shoes.
– Lightweight: Weighing only 8.6 ounces, these shoes were made with leather and Vibram XS Grip2 rubber and allow the climber to move their feet freely with precision.
– Boulder Climbing: It can be difficult to find climbing shoes that have a good grip for boulder climbing. The downturn on these shoes and rubber grip make bouldering and sport climbing much safer.
– Versatile: Not only are they aggressive climbing shoes, they are great for any type of terrain.
Butora Endeavor Wide Fit Climbing Shoes
The Butora Endeavor Wide Fit Climbing Shoe is brought to you by the company Butora. For those who are just beginning their rock climbing journey and have a wide set of feet, these shoes are a great option to keep in mind. They are comfortable and can be used for any type of terrain. This shoe has been rated 4 out of 5 stars and the price ranges from 85-98 US dollars.
– Slightly Downturned: Unlike most climbing shoes, these ones are not as downturned as the rest. These ones go for more of a comfort aspect rather than extreme rock climbing. These shoes make great for boulder climbing.
– Padded: On both the heel and the tongue of the shoe, these shoes specially padded with Butyl Butora F5 Rubber.
Scarpa Vapor Climbing Shoe for Women
The Scarpa Vapor Climbing Shoe is a shoe designed specifically for women and come in just about any women’s size. These are a highly rated shoe that seems to stomp its competition. Not only is it affordable at a price of around 100-164 US dollars, they are perfect for those aggressive speed climbers and those who take a more leisure approach.
– Bi-Tension: The bi-tenson randing system on these shoes is unlike any other. It has an incredible back up strength for your toes and makes the heel of your foot feel comfortable while staying tight and snug against your foot all around.
– Lightweight: Weighing at only 7.3 ounces, these are some of the lightest and durable climbing shoes in the game. Made with suede and microsuede, these shoes are said to have outstanding performance and comfort for a little over year when used regularly.
Five Ten Hiangle Climbing Shoe
The Five Ten Hiangle Climbing shoe is one of the best climbing shoes that Five Ten has available. This climbing shoe is both comfortable, useful, and has a nice look to it. The curvature on this shoe is moderate; meaning it is not too downturned where your feet will be uncomfortable, but just right for more flexibility.
– Comfortable: These are said to be Five Ten’s most comfortable shoe to date. With a rubber sole, it is guaranteed to have long lasting comfort and durability. The upper material is leather.
– Hook and Loop: These shoes do not have laces, instead they require the hook and loop system. That means that they are fed through a loop and fastened as much as required then hooked onto the other side with velcro. This way you will not have to worry about a shoe coming untied, or a knot tied too tight. In case of emergency where you may need to take off your shoe, this will waste no time.
Red Chili Fusion VCR Climbing Shoe
The Red Chili Fusion VCR Climbing Shoe is a recreated version of one of Red Chili’s best selling shoe. With that being said, it is more comfortable than the original shoe and has upgraded material. At the affordable price of only 135 US dollars, the quality for the price of this shoe is outstanding.
– Moderate Downturn: This shoe has a moderate downturn, meaning it is just right for slight overhangs that you may climb. This moderate downturn is not too curved to the point where it feels uncomfortable, but just right for toe flexibility and grip.
– Powerflex Midsole: The midsole inside this shoe is made with a very comfortable and shock absorbent material.
– Wide Feet: If you have wider feet and can not find a good climbing shoe that fits, this one is perfect for you. The velcro straps and hooks on the shoes also adjust to comfortability and stay in place for your all day climbs.