- 1. Oru Kayak Beach LT Folding Portable Lightweight Kayak
- 2. ADVANCED ELEMENTS AdvancedFrame Kayak
- 3. MYCANOE 2.5 Origami Folding Foldable Canoe
- 4. Tucktec Foldable Kayak Folding Canoe
- 5. Elevens Cruise Plus Foldable and Portable Kayak
A lot of people think that folding kayaks are a new fad, but the truth is that they have been around for a while now. The only difference is that they are becoming more and more popular so companies are making them better and better. These are great kayaks to get because they not only function pretty much exactly like all other kayaks, they also are easily stored away when you’re not using them. Actually, many people see the top folding kayaks as the best kayaks in the world, so even if you don’t need to store yours away, it’s still worth looking into these types of kayaks.
Folding kayaks are quite a bit more expensive than other types of kayaks, such as standard fishing kayaks and inflatable kayaks, so you will want to take your time when choosing which one to buy. You will want to know exactly what you want from your folding kayak, such as the size and any special features that you want.
Below are five of the best folding kayaks that you can buy right now. Each one is very different from the rest, so we definitely recommend looking through each of the unique features that are found on each one.
Oru Kayak Beach LT Folding Portable Lightweight Kayak
Oru Kayak claims that this is the easiest kayak in the world to fold up, and they might just be right about that. It very fast to get up and going and it will take three minutes or less for it to collapse down, which is pretty amazing. It’s also a very solid kayak thanks to its excellent stability and the fact that it is made out of a very durable material that should last many years. It also looks great and comes with an attractive carrying case, so it’s no wonder so many people have chosen it over the other folding kayaks out there.
– Wider than most folding kayaks to make it more stable
– Takes just 3 minutes for the boat to collapse down
– Very light in weight yet also very durable
– Made from a unique polypropylene material
– UV treatment made to last for over 10 years
– Made for both beginners and experienced kayakers
– Full 1 year warranty
ADVANCED ELEMENTS AdvancedFrame Kayak
Most people are surprised to see how inexpensive the Advanced Elements AdvancedFrame Kayak is compared to other similar folding kayaks. That’s because it has most of the high-end features people want, such as adjustable seats and excellent stability. If you’re looking for an affordable folding kayak to take out fishing or just for relaxing out on the water, we highly recommend taking a look at the Advanced Elements AdvancedFrame Kayak.
– Aluminum ribs ensure the kayak has excellent control
– Made with 3 layers of materials to make it very resistant to holes
– Easy to unfold and inflate
– Padded seat for a very comfortable ride
– Highly portable despite riding like a hard-shell kayak
– Great red and grey look
MYCANOE 2.5 Origami Folding Foldable Canoe
The MYCANOE 2.5 from Coovy has been one of the best-selling and highest rated folding kayaks in the world for the last five or so years. It’s a unique origami design, making it very easy to fold and unfold whenever you need to and less time than you would expect. It also has a lot more storage space than you generally find in kayaks of this size. It’s also built to last thanks to the custom polypropylene material used on it and its 15-year UV treatment. It is a bit pricier than the other kayaks on this list, but well worth it if you are looking for a high-end solo or tandem folding kayak.
– 10 minutes to put together, 5 minutes to fold back up
– Custom polypropylene material that makes the kayak extremely durable
– UV treatment made to last 15 years or 20,000 folds
– Known for being one of the safest folding kayaks on the market
– Comes with 2 seats
– 14.5 feet long, 35 inches wide
– Winner of multiple design awards
Tucktec Foldable Kayak Folding Canoe
The Tucktec Foldable Kayak is one of the top folding kayaks out there for people who want a kayak that works equally well for adults and kids. It’s a 10 footer and just 30 pounds, so it’s very easy to control when you’re out on the water and it’s one of the more portable folding kayaks out on the market right now. On top of that, it also is a very comfortable kayak to sit in thanks to its foldable seat with great back support.
– Works equally well for one or two people
– Foldable yet with a unique hard shell that won’t get punctured
– Made of high-density polyethylene thermoplastic
– Includes a folding seat with excellent back support
– Safe enough for beginners to use
– Very stable thanks to a very wide and flat bottom
– 10 feet long and only weighs 30 pounds
Elevens Cruise Plus Foldable and Portable Kayak
Guaranteed to last at least 10,000 folds, the Elevens Cruise folding kayak is just 30 pounds yet it was built to work for any type of kayaking. You can get it set up in 10 minutes or less and feel confident that it will be sturdy on the water and very comfortable to sit in for hours at a time. It also has great extra features, such as a solid paddle, a nice carrying case, a cup holder, and a cellphone mount.
– Only takes 10 minutes to assemble and no tools needed
– Excellent stability thanks to custom made hull
– One of the fastest folding kayaks on the market today
– Just 30 pounds, so very easy to carry around
– Includes paddle, life vest, cup holder, and cellphone mount
– 12.8 feet long, 23.6 inches wide
– Comes in 2 different colors: Yellow or White