- 1. Perception Pescador Pilot Fishing Kayak
- 2. BKC UH-PK13 Pedal Drive Solo Traveler 13 Foot Kayak
- 3. Native Watercraft Slayer 10 Propel Pedal Fishing Kayak<
- 4. Brooklyn Kayak Company BKC UH-PK11
- 5. Hobie Mirage Outback Kayak
Foot pedal kayaks are fantastic investments if you like the idea of having a bit more control over your kayak and being able to ride it like a bike rather than using your arms to move. They have shot up in popularity in recent years thanks to a lot of great features being added to them and the fact that they aren’t quite as expensive as they used to be.
If you are looking to buy a new foot pedal kayak, you’ll want to find one that is in your price range, of course, but you also want one that will last. If you’re getting your kayak for fishing, you’ll also want to find one that has great balance and maybe some extra features that make your whole kayaking experience better.
On this page we are going to take a look at some of the best foot pedal kayaks that are out there right now. All five of the kayaks listed below have received very high marks from people who own them because they are high quality boats that have proven to be better than all of the rest. All of the features that make these foot pedal kayaks are listed below, so look through those and decide for yourself which one works best for you.
Perception Pescador Pilot Fishing Kayak
The Pescador is a high-end foot pedal kayak that was built to perform and built to last. It was designed for anglers who want all the features, including a top-notch pedal drive system, adjustable gear tracks, tension knobs, and four molded-in rod holders. On top of all of that, the Pescador is a breeze to control, making getting to where you need to go a breeze. It is a high-end foot pedal kayak, but it comes at a very affordable price so it’s no surprise that so many of these have sold over the years.
– Removable pedal system
– Captain’s chair is made of a very comfortable and breathable mesh
– Has enough storage space for any amount of fishing gear
– Works on flat, slow moving, and calm waters
– Extremely affordable compared to other similar foot pedal kayaks
– Comes in 4 different colors: Moss Camo, Red Tiger, Sonic Camo, and Sunset
– 12.5 feet long, 33.5 inches wide, 95 pounds
BKC UH-PK13 Pedal Drive Solo Traveler 13 Foot Kayak
This sit on top foot pedal kayak from Brooklyn Kayak Company looks great out on the water and has one of the better pedal-driven propeller systems available today. It also has a number of fantastic features for anglers, including a ton of storage space for fishing gear and one of the most comfortable seats that you will find in these types of kayaks. Built for long-distance rides on the water, the UH-PK13 is a great kayak for anyone looking for a 12-13 foot solo kayak.
– Designed to be a comfortable ride even over long distances
– Pedal drive system is smooth and fast
– Comfortable seat made with an aluminum frame and thick padding
– Multiple rod holders for hands-free trolling
– One of the most stable foot pedal kayaks on the market
– Comes in 3 different colors: Camo, Bluecamo, and Grey Camo
– 12.9 feet long, 2.7 feet wide, 81.5 pounds
Native Watercraft Slayer 10 Propel Pedal Fishing Kayak
Native Watercraft makes a number of great kayaks for the masses, but their Slayer 10 was built specifically for people who want a lightweight foot pedal kayak. In fact, it is the lightest foot pedal kayak that you can buy right now, but there’s so much more to it than that. It has a great seat, excellent stability, and one of the smoother pedaling systems that you will find.
– Very lightweight for a foot pedal kayak
– Propel Pedal Drive System makes it easy to push forward or even reverse
– Plenty of room in the cockpit and a comfortable seat
– Rail mount system designed to hold rod holders or even mounted cameras
– Smooth and fast ride
– Comes in 4 different colors: Blue Lagoon, Copperhead, Hidden Oak, and Lizard Lick
– 10 feet long and 62 pounds
Brooklyn Kayak Company BKC UH-PK11
As far as 10-foot kayaks go, there aren’t too many out that have the great features that the BKC UH-PK11 does. Most people want to be as comfortable as they possibly can when they’re riding in their kayaks, and BKC definitely knew that because they included an adjustable ergonomic seat that can be adjusted to fit you just right. Oh yeah, and the kayak itself also has excellent handling in just about any type of water thanks to its custom made streamlined hull.
– Designed to be used for both short and long distance travel
– Pedal Drive System makes it easy to move quickly without tiring yourself out
– Padded seat with multiple adjustment points
– Unique Brooklyn Kayak hull keeps the kayak stable
– Comes in 2 different colors: Camo and Grey
– 10.8 feet long, 34 inches wide, 60 pounds
Hobie Mirage Outback Kayak
The Hobie Mirage Outback Kayak is the heaviest foot pedal kayak on this list, which means it’s slightly tougher to get into the water but that’s worth it because it gives you fantastic control. Its hull is considered one of the best around, giving the boat unbelievable stability and the driver easy maneuverability. It is a great fishing kayak thanks to the spacious cockpit and the large amount of space it gives you for all of you fishing gear.
– One of the most stable foot pedal kayaks out there right now
– Vantage CT seat is both comfortable and easily adjustable
– Lowrance Ready System makes it simple to install sonar
– Multiple rod holders
– A lot of storage space for all of your fishing gear
– Comes in a unique Ivory Dune color
– 12.1 feet long, 33 inches wide, 99 pounds