When buying wedges for yourself, you should consider the different kinds of wedges out there and what you’ll be using them for. While the term “grip and rip it” is a common theme on the tee box, it takes a little finesse to make a nice shot with your wedges. Having the right wedges and learning how to use them is a quick way to improve your game. If you look at the pros, you’ll notice a lot more wedges in their bags than there are drivers. That said, we need to distinguish between the different wedges.
There are four types of wedges that you should concern yourself with. First is the pitching wedge that has a loft range from 44 to 49 degrees. Next is the gap wedge which ranges from 50 degrees to 54 degrees. A sand wedge ranges from 54 to 58 degrees and the lob wedge has a loft range between 59 degrees to 65 degrees.
That said, there are a lot of really good brands and makes out there in terms of golf wedges. We don’t know what wedge you are looking for so we wanted to compile a list of some of our favorite wedges for the 2019 season. All of these wedges are reviewed really well and they all have high ratings. We hope that we can do a little bit of the legwork for you in terms of research and that your shopping experience is a little easier.
Callaway Mack Daddy 3 Chrome S-Grind Wedge
The Callaway Mack Daddy 3 Chrome S-Grind Wedge offers Tour performance and a signature shape in a forged design. This club was designed by Roger Cleveland. He is the master of wedge design and he didn’t let anyone down when he designed this club.
This new shape was forged of 1025c steel and gives the golfer exceptionally great response and feel on every shot you take. A straighter leading edge, squarer toe and less offset make for a confidence inducing and clean look at address to promote command control and crisp contact. You’ll also get max spin from the 16 groove configuration on the Mack Daddy. This is a great club and will be a nice addition to your bag.
– S Grind is the most versatile option and is great for most conditions
– Progressive groove optimization that is milled into the face to optimize the spin as you move up in loft
– Comes in five different loft options
BombTech Golf – Premium Golf Wedge Set for Men
The BombTech Golf Premium Golf Wedge Set for Men is everything you need in terms of adding wedges to your golf game. These are most likely going to outperform the wedges you have now and they were built to do it. For just around $130 you are getting three golf wedges that include a 52 degree, 56 degree and 60 degree club that will set you up for success in any short game situation. Each of these clubs is made of stainless steel and minimal hell and toe relief for those that need more versatility and forgiveness. Each wedge is 35 ¼” long and the heads of these clubs weigh just over 300 grams which allow them to flow right through tall grass. They are one of the highest rated wedge packages for good reason.
– Comes with three wedges that range from 52 degrees to 56 degrees and 60 degrees
– Maximize your ball spin with wedge grooves that were designed to help
– Quality, value and performance all in one wedge
Cleveland Golf Men’s RTX 4 Wedge
The Cleveland Golf Men’s RTX 4 Wedge is another great option if you are need of performance out of your wedges. Every stage when making these wedges is different than what they’ve done in the past. With their expanded grind offerings, latest face technologies, the most popular components used by Tour pros and tour-preferred shaping, the RTX 4 is one of the best wedges that has ever been made.
You don’t have to take our word for this because it is one of the highest rated wedges on the market and that is why it continues to be one of our favorites as well. If you are looking for quality and performance, look no further.
– Get fantastic spin with the 4th Generation Rotex Face Technology
– Less bounce and more options with this club
– Four sole grinds for absolute versatility
– Shaped by Tour, for Tour
– Unmatched control and feel for faster improvement
Wilson Harmonized Golf Wedge
The Wilson Harmonized Golf Wedge is available in 50 degrees, 52 degrees, 56 degrees, 60 degrees and 64 degrees. That said, there is a size and loft for everyone and in every situation. The innovative sole design offers golfers many more options when they reach the green. It also allows you to play higher shots while keeping your shots accurate. The special sole grind let the golfers open up the club face for a better performance while you’re out on the course.
These have long been one of the more popular clubs in the clubhouse. Pick one up and see what all the hype is about.
– High, classic polish finish and timeless blade shape
– Perfect club for getting the ball near the pin
– Sole grind lets the player open up the club face more for better accuracy
– Blade shape offers modified bounce angles for versatility and dead stop spin
TaylorMade Milled Grind Hi-Toe Wedge
The TaylorMade Milled Grind Hi-Toe Wedge is a great looking wedge that is going to improve your game. The 4-way cambered sole has more heel relief and trailing edge for those golfers with steep to average swings in bounce design. This club has a bigger toe area with scoring lines that are full face to deliver spin from any spot on the face that makes contact. The ZTP-17 grooves offer steeper side walls as well. You’ll notice the difference after your first connection with the ball.
– 4-way cambered sole that offers more bluntness on the leading edge with more heel relief and trailing edge
– ZTP-17 grooves with steeper sidewalls
– Expanded contact area with high toe design
– Get the spin you need with the full face scoring lines
– Center of gravity is strategically placed for better control at impact and better feel