Last Updated on December 14, 2022
- 1. Celebrita Italy Grappling Dummy
- 2. Combat Sports Grappling Dummy
- 3. Deluxe MMA Grappling Dummy
- 4. BJJ MMA Grappling Dummy 70”
- 5. Jayefo Beast 3.2 MMA Grappling Dummy
- 6. Grappling Dummy by DAAN
- 7. ROX Fit Grappling Dummy
- 8. TITLE MMA Youth Throwing/Grappling Dummy
- 9. ROLL HARD BRAND Ground and Pound Dummy
- 10. Combat Sports Youth Grappling Dummy
A grappling dummy is a piece of equipment that has been valuable for grapplers for years now. One of the best parts about having a grappling dummy is that you don’t need to have a training partner there to try your techniques. Can’t make it to class? That’s ok, knock out some reps on the grappling dummy and make sure you get your training in for the day.
In the sport of MMA, BJJ and Wrestling, you need to be continually improving. All of these sports involve having someone else to train with and that isn’t always possible with the grind of work and life. Somedays your training partners might not make it or you want to get in some extra work at home.
There are plenty of options when you are looking to purchase a grappling dummy and we know the decision isn’t always easy. Because of this, we wanted to make a list of some of the best rated grappling dummies on the market and of 2019. We hope this list will help make your decision a little easier.
Celebrita Italy Punching Bag MMA Grappling Judo Dummy Unfilled
The Celebrita Italy Punching Bag MMA Grappling Judo Dummy is a grappling dummy brought to you by the company Celebrita MMA. This grappling dummy is a useful tool for anyone studying the martial arts, whether you are just starting out in the art of self defense or you are an expert, this dummy will be sure to help you in your training. Made with a leather exterior, this dummy is durable and will absorb all impact. Coming in many different colors, choose the dummy that is most suitable for you.
– Comes unfilled, choose what material you want to fill it with
– Suggested filling material is raw cotton or textile cuttings/shreds
– Made with leather
– Punch, kick, and perform take-downs
– Long lasting and durable material will last for years of hardcore training
– Perfect for using when training alone
Combat Sports Grappling MMA Wrestling Submission Fitness Jiu Jitsu Dummy
The Combat Sports Grappling MMA Wrestling Submission Dummy is a product brought to you by the company Combat Sports. This dummy was made with the consumer in mind and designed to withstand any submission executed. From beginners to professionals, this is a great dummy to use to practice and hone your skills. Made with military grade vinyl material, this is dummy is durable for take-downs, strikes, and submissions. Will withstand strikes and blows without losing its shape. Different weight options ranging from 70-140 pounds.
– Comes in different weight sizes 70, 90, 120, and 140 lbs.
– Perfect for your home or at the gym
– Real life like body feel
– Arms that extend out from the body for different submissions
– Practice your submissions and take-downs
– Comes in different height lengths from 5’4 to 5’10
– Long lasting and durable military grade vinyl material
Deluxe MMA Grappling Jiu Jitsu Ground and Pound Dummy 3.0
The Deluxe MMA Grappling Jiu Jitsu Ground and Pound Dummy 3.0 is a dummy brought to you by the company Ring to Cage. This grappling dummy is made with a material so durable it will be able to withstand any blows or submissions being performed. With a max height of 6 feet and a max weight of 60 pounds, this grappling dummy is useful for adults. Children have the option of a grappling dummy reaching a height of 4 feet 6 inches and a weight of 35 pounds.
– Different height and weight dummy available
– Designed for wrestling and Jiu Jitsu take-downs/submissions
– Made of 22 oz Polyester coated Vinyl
– Durable, will withstand any strike or submission being performed
– Easy to transport back and forth between home and the gym
– Available to ship out already filled
BJJ MMA Grappling Dummy 70”
The BJJ MMA Grappling Dummy 70” is a product brought to you by the company Daan MMA. This dummy as the name is advertised is perfect for those of you who train Brazilian Jiu Jitsu or MMA. An added feature of this dummy that is unlike many of its competitors is the hands and feet that have been added on. This allows the user to practice their wrist and ankle attacks/submissions. Fill this dummy with whatever you feel necessary, it comes unfilled when ordered. High quality stitching and fabric, very durable and is built to last.
– Velcro shoulder joint for 360 degree movement
– High quality inner lining
– Fill with cotton, recyclable textile shreds, old fabric, or even sand
– Durable and will absorb any strike or submission performed
– Easy to clean
– Perfect to train knee bars, ankle locks, wrist locks, and heel hooks
Jayefo Beast 3.2 MMA Grappling Dummy Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Submission Dummy
The Jayefo Beast 3.2 MMA Grappling Dummy is a product that is brought to you by the company Jayefo. This particular grappling dummy is in the position of sitting down. This dummy comes in many different weights and sizes ranging from 5 to 7 feet in length, weighing at a max of 120 pounds. This product comes unfilled so you may choose whatever filling material you feel is best. Raw cotton, textile shreds, or rags can be used to fill up the dummy. Do not use sand to fill this product up. Made with a durable material that is sure to last.
– Comes in the sitting position
– Comes unfilled, use cotton or soft material to fill with, do not fill with sand
– Easy to clean
– Durable material will not rip or tear
– Great for working on drills with
– Absorbs all impact from strikes and submissions
Grappling Dummy MMA Wrestling Punch Bag Judo Martial Arts 70”
The Grappling Dummy MMA Wrestling Punch Bag Judo Martial Arts 70” is a product that is brought to you by the company DAAN. This grappling dummy is a perfect tool that can be used to enhance your training as well as a good way to train without a partner. This dummy comes unfilled but is easy to fill, suggested material to fill it with is cotton, textile shreds, old clothes, or rags. This is a great dummy for those who are just beginning to grapple and those who are professional. Perform drills and submissions with this dummy.
– Made with strong artificial leather
– Weighs up to 90 pounds
– Perfect for training alone
– Flexible arms for tight submissions
– Easy to transport from home to the gym
– Designed for grappling and striking
ROX Fit Grappling Dummy Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Training Bag
The ROX Fit Grappling Dummy Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Training Bag is a grappling dummy brought to you by the company ROX Fit. This highly rated grappling dummy is one that is safe for both beginners and professionals alike. Made with an extremely durable artificial leather material, this dummy will not rip or tear. This dummy is designed to not only take hard blows and strikes but is also used for submission and grappling techniques. If you have no partner or are training alone, this dummy is perfect for you to practice your drills and techniques on. Position this dummy in multiple ways to experiment different drills and techniques. This dummy comes unfilled and will hold up to 100 pounds.
– Situate the dummy in different positions for added training
– Good to use when training without a partner or by yourself
– Made with thick and durable artificial leather
– Best used when filled with cotton or soft material
– Designed to look like a human opponent
TITLE MMA Youth Throwing/Grappling Dummy
The TITLE MMA Youth Throwing/Grappling Dummy is a dummy brought to you by the company Title Boxing. This is a perfect size dummy for children or those who want to train lightly. This dummy can hold up to 50 pounds and stands at 40 inches tall. This dummy is made with a strong and durable artificial leather which will not rip or tear very easily. The position the dummy is in, is in a straight forward punching position, this dummy can be moved around in different positions however. With flexible arms, the dummy will be able to not only withstand strikes and blows but submissions as well.
– Great for beginners and children
– Stands at 40 inches tall and can be filled to a max weight of 50 pounds
– Made with tough and durable material
– Easy to use
– Highly rated
– Enhance your boxing and grappling techniques
ROLL HARD BRAND Jiu Jitsu MMA Ground and Pound Dummy
The ROLL HARD BRAND Jiu Jitsu MMA Ground and Pound Dummy is a product that is brought to you by the company ROLL HARD. This grappling dummy is perfect for anyone that is trying to improve their techniques and is great to train with when you are alone or need a training partner. The arms and legs of this dummy are very flexible and can withstand hours of hardcore submission training. This dummy comes up to 6 feet tall and can weigh up to 60 pounds. Easy to transport from the house to the gym.
– Durable fabric will last for many years
– Perfect for training techniques and practice purposes
– Adjustable body can be set up in multiple positions
– Easy to clean
– Holds up to 60 pounds
Combat Sports Youth Grappling MMA Wrestling Submission Fitness Jiu Jitsu Dummy
The Combat Sports Youth Grappling MMA Wrestling Submission Fitness Jiu Jitsu Dummy is a product that is brought to you by the company Combat Sports. This dummy is made specifically for children and has a maximum weight of 35 pounds. This dummy will come unfilled, you can fill this dummy with raw cotton or any soft fabric that will not be too stiff. This dummy is great for practicing your grappling skills or using it to strike and punch. The fabric is made with a durable material that will not rip or tear. This dummy can be placed in numerous positions and the arms are flexible which makes them great for submissions. Perform take-downs and hone your grappling skills with this dummy.
– Great training tool for children
– Flexible and durable material will not rip or tear easily
– Weighs up to 35 pounds
– Easy to transport and wash
– Great for grappling and striking
Most Commonly Asked Questions About Grappling Dummies
How much do grappling dummies weigh?
Grappling dummies come in a variety of sizes, shapes and weights. Much of the decision on which one to buy will depend on what your goals are. Many wrestlers will be picking the dummy up for throws and takedowns while the Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu player might use the dummy to practice techniques like arm bars and leg locks. That being said, the short answer is that grappling dummies come in many different weights. You’ll have to decide which is best for you.
How do I make a grappling dummy at home?
This is something you’ll have to look up because there are many ways to make a grappling dummy. While some might think that buying a new grappling dummy can get expensive, you might want to save some time by just buying one. When you build your own, you are going to use a great deal of time for something that might not turn out well or break much easier than it normally would. In this case, we are going to say the best idea is to spend a little more money and buy a grappling dummy that was professionally made.
How do I fill a grappling dummy?
There are different ways to fill a grappling dummy and you can use different materials to do so. Shredded paper is one option. This will keep the dummy light and you won’t have to spend a great deal of money filling it. Shredded towels and blankets are another option. This will increase the weight to make the dummy a bit more realistic in terms of body weight. After that, you can start mixing sand with these other fillers to make the bag even heavier.