- 1. Elkton Outdoors Insulated Portable 3-4 Person Insulated Ice Fishing Tent
- 2. Tangkula Pop-up Ice Shelter
- 3. Eskimo Quickfish 2 Pop-up Portable Ice Shelter
- 4. Goplus Portable Ice Shelter Pop-up Ice Fishing Shanty
- 5. ThunderBay Ice Cube 3 Man Portable Ice Shelter
People who have ice fished in the past know how important it is to do so in a nice ice fishing shanty. Also known as ice fishing shelters, these tent-like shelters are portable lodgings that will keep you warm and will give you enough space to move around while you’re out ice fishing. There are a lot of them out there, though, so it can be a bit of a mission to find the perfect one for you and your ice fishing needs.
There are three types of ice fishing shanties that you can choose from: Hub-style, flip style, and cabin style. Hubs are the most popular because they give ice anglers plenty of space to fish yet don’t cost a lot of money. Flip style shanties are usually the least expensive and the portable shanties you can buy. Cabin style shanties are the least portable but they are easily the warmest shanties out there due to the fact that they have their own built-in floors.
Obviously picking the right ice fishing shanty is a very important decision, which is why we have come up with a great list for everyone to use. The five ice fishing shanties listed below are all considered to be some of the best on the market right now due to them being made out of quality parts while at the same time being affordably priced. Be sure to look through each ice fishing shanty’s features before you make your final decision.
Elkton Outdoors Insulated Portable 3-4 Person Insulated Ice Fishing Tent
Elkton Outdoors makes some fantastic fishing tents and this 3-4 person shanty might just be the pick of the bunch. It is made with three layers of insulated quilt, keeping everyone inside warm and protecting them from wind and water. It also has a very quick setup system, allowing you to get the tent up and ready to use in less than a minute. As an added bonus, this fishing shanty also happens to be one of the best looking tents that you are going to find.
– 3 layers of tarpaulin seal to ensure the ice fishing shanty stays warm and dry
– Very quick 30 second setup
– Fits 3 or 4 people comfortably
– 4 ventilation pockets at the top for great air flow
– Convenient overhead storage compartments
– Carry bag, ice anchors, and tie downs included
– 70 inches x 70 inches and 80 inches tall
Tangkula Pop-up Ice Shelter
This all-black fishing shanty from Tangkula is very light in weight yet does the job of protecting you from the outside elements. It is very easy to put up thanks to the included flexible poles that make the process quick even for people who are putting up a fishing shanty for the first time. It also has four detachable windows so you can check out what’s going on outside or cover them up for even more sun protection.
– Made from 300D oxford fabric
– Highly durable
– 22 degree frost resistant
– Flexible poles make it easy to set up and take down
– Only 22 pounds
– 58 inches x 58 inches and 66 inches tall
Eskimo Quickfish 2 Pop-up Portable Ice Shelter
Possibly the most popular portable ice fishing shanty on the market today, the Eskimo Quickfish weighs next to nothing, but that does not mean that it won’t protect you when you’re out ice fishing. The company went all-out with the materials they used on this tent; the 300 denier ice tight fabric has nearly 60 percent more threads than comparable ice shanties, ensuring you will stay warm every time you go out on the ice. It also has other great features, such as detachable hook and loop windows and its high quality YKK zipper.
– High quality and highly durable fiberglass poles
– Quick 60 second setup
– YKK zipper ensures the door will stay sealed closed
– 4 detachable hook and loop windows
– 60 inches x 60 inches and 67 inches tall
– Includes 6 ice anchors that are easy to grip
Goplus Portable Ice Shelter Pop-up Ice Fishing Shanty
Goplus did a great job to make an affordable ice fishing shanty that is made from high quality materials and has a bunch of great features usually only found on high-end shanties. It is made from the highly protective and durable 300D oxford fabric that will protect you from water and wind while also being resistant to frost. They also include two window options; one to let a little bit of light in and the other to give the tent a bit more airflow. It looks great, too, so this ice fishing shanty really will be the perfect choice for a lot of people.
– Made out of high quality 300D oxford fabric material
– Completely waterproof
– 2 layers of windows to ensure the shanty stays warm
– Minus 30 degree frost resistance
– 76 inches x 76 inches and 67 inches tall
– Available as a 2 or 3 person ice fishing shanty
– Includes a great carrying bag
ThunderBay Ice Cube 3 Man Portable Ice Shelter
The Ice Cube 3 from ThunderBay is one of the most durable ice fishing shanties out there today. Its unique cube design does a fantastic job of blocking win and from keeping the shanty a bit more balanced than the classic square designs. It is easy to set up thanks to the six self-tapping ice anchors and the hook and loop fastened windows give you full control over how much light you want to let into the shanty.
– 300 denier fabric is great at blocking wind
– Heavy duty fiberglass poles were made to last many years
– Keeps you shaded thanks to blackout coating
– Hook and loop feature makes it easy to adjust the windows
– 90 inches x 90 inches and 80 inches tall
– Includes ice anchors and carrying bag