- 1. TMS Canoe & Kayak Tote Trolley
- 2. Hobie Heavy Duty Plug In Kayak Cart
- 3. OxGord Kayak Dolly Boat Canoe Trolley
- 4. ABN Universal Kayak Carrier
- 5. Bonnlo Kayak Cart Canoe Carrier
Kayak dollies, also known as kayak carts and kayak carriers, are small carts that make putting kayak into the water very easy. It’s an essential tool for kayakers who go out on the water by themselves since they don’t have to rely on anyone else being there to help them launch their boats.
Kayak dollies come in many different shapes and sizes these days. There are different tire sizes and the carts themselves can be made of quite a few different materials. You’ll first want to know what your price range is and then you’ll want to narrow your search down until you find a kayak dolly that you know will do a great job of pulling your kayak around for you.
Buying a kayak dolly isn’t the easiest thing in the world because you want it to be perfect for your kayak(s). What we’ve done is put together a list of some of the best kayak carts that are out there right now according to people just like you who wanted to find the perfect dolly for their kayaks. It is important to note, though, that each one is different than the others, so be sure to take a look at each of their features so you can end up with a kayak dolly that will work perfectly for your needs.
TMS Canoe & Kayak Tote Trolley
There is a lot to like about this kayak dolly from TMS. First of all, it is as sturdy as they come thanks to the fact that it is made of stainless steel. The big highlight of this dolly, though, is the tires, which will never go flat and were designed to easily roll over any type of surface. The trolley also has an easy to use strap down system which keeps your kayak securely fastened to the trolley while it is being moved.
– The dolly made of anodized stainless steel
– Stainless steel fasteners with a chrome lynch pin
– Easily breaks down for storage or transport
– Foam bumpers for extra protection
– 9.5 inch tires move smoothly over gravel and sand
– 12 foot tie down strap
– Can hold a kayak of up to 150 pounds
Hobie Heavy Duty Plug In Kayak Cart
What makes this Hobie heavy duty kayak dolly so special is that it is lightweight yet it can hold much more than most other kayak dollies. It only ways five pounds itself, but you can easily load a very heavy kayak onto it and it will roll it around with no problems whatsoever. The tires also have a very rugged tread, allowing you to pull your kayak along just about any type of surface without breaking a sweat. It’s a very straightforward design that plenty of kayakers will appreciate.
– The dolly made of welded stainless steel
– Made for the heaviest kayaks on the market
– Foam filled tires ensure they will never go flat
– Folds up very easily for transport and storage
– Classic design is easier to use than most other kayak dollies
– Dolly weighs just 5 pounds
– Can hold a kayak of up to 175 pounds
OxGord Kayak Dolly Boat Canoe Trolley
This foldable kayak cart from OxGord stands out because of its large tires that were designed to easily roll through sand or even rocky surfaces. What’s also great about it is that it is one of the easier kayak dollies to load thanks to the fact that it opens up to the correct position and you simply lay your kayak on top and strap it in. It can hold boats up to 165 pounds, which means that it can work with the majority of larger kayaks that people own right now.
– The dolly is made of corrosion-resistant aluminum
– Foam cushion is on the bars to protect your kayak
– Easily folds up for transport and storage
– 10 inch all-terrain pneumatic tires
– Double leg kickstand to keep the kayak dolly still when it’s not in use
– Includes a cam buckle tie down strap to keep the kayak still when moving
– Can hold a kayak of up to 165 pounds
ABN Universal Kayak Carrier
If you are looking to get a dolly that can hold just about any type of kayak or small boat, you might be very interested in this kayak dolly from ABN. It has one of the highest carrying capacities around at 200 pounds, meaning that it can even hold slightly larger canoes. Its tires are also excellent as they are quick to inflate and they can easily be rolled on top of sand, gravel, and even wooded areas. It also has a high quality 12-foot strap that keeps your kayak nice and secure.
– The dolly is made of durable anodized steel
– 9.5 inch knobby tires for very smooth movement
– Tires can be removed with lynch pin for simpler storage
– Oversized foam bumper pads to protect your kayak
– 12 foot tie down strap ensures the kayak stays still
– Easily folds up to store or for transport
– Can hold a kayak of up to 200 pounds
Bonnlo Kayak Cart Canoe Carrier
This kayak cart from Bonnlo is great because it has all of the features that people seem to want from their kayak carts these days yet it is still very affordable. It can hold up to 150 pounds worth of cargo, so you can even keep your gear in your kayak if you want to. It’s also a very portable design as you can quickly fold it up and store it just about anywhere you want to.
– Made of high strength anodized steel
– Airless tires ensure the tires never go flat regardless of the kayak’s weight
– No tools are required to assemble to kayak dolly
– Comes with 2 bungee cords with a hook to strap your kayak in
– Compact design ensures you can store it just about anywhere, including inside your kayak
– Can hold a kayak of up to 150 pounds