- 1. Onyx MoveVent Dynamic Paddle Sports Life Vest
- 2. Stohlquist Fit Life Jacket
- 3. Amarine-Made Boat Buoyancy Aid Sailing Kayak Fishing Life Jacket
- 4. NRS Chinook Fishing PFD
- 5. Lixada Fly Fishing Vest
Regardless of whether you are staying near shore in your kayak or dealing with some rougher waters, you will want to find a kayak life vest that you can count on. It used to be that there were just a few life vests that everyone counted on, but these days there are hundreds of vests made by quite a few different companies.
Obviously what matters most when picking a kayak life vest is that you find one that is going to protect you if you go overboard. Besides that, though, you will also want to find one that is comfortable to wear for hours at a time. It’s also important to keep in mind that there are life vests made for casual and extreme kayaking, so you will want to find one that will work for whatever type of kayaking you plan on doing.
Rather than taking hours to search around for the best kayak life vests for your boat, take a look at the list that we have put together below. Each one of these life vests is considered top of the line because they do the important job of keeping you safe and they were all built to last. They aren’t all the same, though, so we highly recommend looking through all of their features so you can end up with a kayak life vest that you’ll always be happy with.
Onyx MoveVent Dynamic Paddle Sports Life Vest
You really won’t find too many other kayak life vests that have as many high ratings as the MoveVent from Onyx. People love this vest because it is very light in weight yet does the very important job of keeping them safe while out on their boats. The inside is filled with protective bubble foam while the outside is made of a highly durable 200 denier nylon material. It’s a comfortable life vest with excellent safety features.
– 200 denier nylon ripstop and nylon oxford material used
– Neoprene pads used on shoulder straps for extra comfort
– SOLAS grade reflective material to make you clearly visible to other boaters
– Mesh on lower back made to easily slip over kayak seats
– Zippered pockets with mesh drainage
– Whistle attached to vest for added safety
– 6 different sizes to choose from
– Available in 4 different colors
Stohlquist Fit Life Jacket
This is not a kayak life vest with a lot of bells and whistles, but it is a life jacket that will do the most important job of keeping you safe. What makes it quite a bit better than the life vests of yore is that it gives you plenty of space to move your arms around and it will never weigh you down. It is the type of life vest you will happily keep on while you’re on your kayak because you don’t even notice it once you’re out on the water.
– 200D nylon material used in outer shell
– 3 easy to adjust buckles for front entry
– Sculpted foam used to give the wearer extra maneuverability
– Thin back panels for less bulge when sitting in kayak
– USCG approved
– 3 different sizes to choose from
– Available in 2 different colors (Red/Gray and Blue/Black)
Amarine-Made Boat Buoyancy Aid Sailing Kayak Fishing Life Jacket
This kayak life jacket from Amarine-made is quite a bit different than life vest from the past. It has a double strap design that is easily adjustable to fit your perfectly. On top of that, it has plenty of pockets for you to store your fishing gear, your phone, or anything else that you take with you on your boating trips. Considering how many great features this kayak life vest has, it’s pretty surprising that it comes at such a low price.
– Made of 600D Terylene oxford material
– Detachable EPE foam plastics make it safe and lightweight
– Made to fit most adults
– Crotch-Strap added to keep the vest from coming off in water
– Multiple pockets for fishing and kayaking essentials
NRS Chinook Fishing PFD
IF you are looking for a premium kayak life vest with all the bells and whistles, you should definitely look into this one from NRS. What they’ve done is take all of the great safety features that people want from their life vests and add in a fully loaded backpack system. There are plenty of pockets to store all of your gear, but it won’t weigh you down thanks to the strategically designed straps that evenly distribute the weight. It also happens to look great, so you will proudly wear this every time you go out on your kayak.
– Soft PlushFIT ƒ foam material is very comfortable
– Roomy front entry makes it very easy to put on and take off
– 8 adjustment points to make sure you get a perfect fit
– Ventilated to keep you from getting overly warm
– Includes rod holder loops and a strobe holder loop
– 5 different sizes to choose from
– Available in 4 different colors
Lixada Fly Fishing Vest
This life vest from Lixada is an excellent one for kayakers because it is lightweight and packed full of features. It is made of very durable polyester on the outside and has the highest quality foam on the inside that will keep you afloat if you ever go overboard. What really sets it apart from the rest is that every inch of it is adjustable so you can easily make it work for you regardless of your height or weight.
– Top is made of a high quality polyester material
– Inside has premium EPA foam, which is replaceable
– Open sides design gives you full range of motion
– Made to fit all adults up to 209 pounds
– A total of 11 pockets, including 4 on the chest
– Breathable mesh ensures you won’t overheat on warmer days
– Available in 10 different colors