- 1. Scotty #302 Kayak Stabilizer System
- 2. Brocraft Kayak Outriggers/Stabilizers System
- 3. Hobie Sidekick Ama Kit
- 4. Inspired By Nature Kayak Outriggers/Stabilizers
- 5. Yak-Gear Outriggers
Kayak stabilizers, also known as kayak outriggers, are great safety devices for kayaks that give the boats extra stability while out on the water. The kayak stabilizers that are made these days not only give you that extra bit of safety in the water, they also don’t limit a boat’s maneuverability. If you’re just starting out in kayaking, you probably will want to get a stabilizer for you and for anyone else that rides in your kayak.
There are a lot of kayak stabilizers out there right now, so it can be tough to find the perfect one. You want the one you end up to keep you safe, but what else should you look for? For one, you want it to fit your kayak so it doesn’t shift around while you’re riding. You also want to find one that is both perfectly functional and in your price range.
It’s obviously important that you choose a great kayak stabilizer because you want it to fit your kayak perfectly and you want it to last many years. Below you will find some of the very best kayak stabilizers available today. They aren’t all the same, though, so be sure to check out the similarities and differences between them before you choose one for your kayak.
Scotty #302 Kayak Stabilizer System
Scotty is well known for their fishing and boating products, so it’s no surprise that so many people have bought and have loved this kayak stabilizer. What’s really special about this stabilizer system is that it not only does the job of keeping your kayak stable, it was also designed to allow you to maintain higher speeds than you would get when using most other stabilizers on the market today. Plus, the extra bit of buoyancy that it gives you means you can easily stand up on your kayak without having to worry about messing with the boat’s stability at all.
– 30 pounds of extra buoyancy
– 2 inflatable 30-inch pontoons
– 2 very durable anodized arms
– 2 high quality rod holders
– Very durable outer shell and inner bladder
– Easy installation and removal thanks to the company’s own locking mounts
– Weighs 10 pounds
Brocraft Kayak Outriggers/Stabilizers System
Brocraft wanted to make a kayak stabilizer that was both lightweight and high quality, and we think they did just that. It uses very high grade aluminum for its arms, which means that they are both strong and durable. The PVC floats are also quite tough so you know that you can depend on them to keep you afloat and last for many years. To top all of that off, it weighs less than 10 pounds so you can easily install and remove it without needing any help from other people.
– 32 inch aluminum outrigger arms
– Highly durable molded PVC floats
– Each piece of mounting hardware is made of stainless steel
– Very easy installation and removal
– Weighs just under 10 pounds
– 2 year warranty
Hobie Sidekick Ama Kit
The Hobie Sidekick Ama Kit is a unique kayak stabilizer that simply works. It is very easy to install by simply screwing it into place, and it only takes a couple of seconds to deflate so you won’t be waiting around once you’re ready to go home. On top of all of that, it is one of the lightest kayak stabilizers out there today at just five pounds, so you will never dread having to carry it with you on your kayaking adventures. Some people will point to the twist and lock system as the highlight of this stabilizer as it makes adjustments very easy to do.
– Rear mounted crossbar makes it easy to attach to your kayak
– Adjustable float height thanks to easy to use twist and clock system
– Can be set at high, medium, or low positions
– Simple to deflate
– Weighs just 5 pounds, so very portable
Inspired By Nature Kayak Outriggers/Stabilizers
What makes this kayak stabilizer from Inspired By Nature really stand out is that it is made of some of the best materials available today. These materials help to ensure the boat stays afloat even in rougher waters or with any other type of movement while also not weighing the boat down too much. This is a great kayak stabilizer to get regardless of whether you are new to kayaking and want the extra stability or if you’re an experienced kayaker and want to be able to fish with a bit more freedom.
– Mounting hardware is all made of high quality stainless steel
– Durable PVC pipe
– Custom-molded Scotty 241L PVC Floats
– Assist cord included to make it easy to stand up in boat
– UV resistant making the stabilizer extra durable
– Can double as excellent rod holders
– Weighs 10 pounds
If you want to have as much control over your kayak stabilizer as you can, you will definitely want to check out this one from Yak-Gear. This stabilizer was designed to be fully adjustable so you can get the type of stabilization that you want at all times. It has a very quick response time when you’re on the move, so when one side lifts even a little bit, the other side will adjust accordingly. It looks like a heavy system, but in fact it is extremely portable at only seven pounds. This kayak stabilizer is recommended for both beginning kayakers and experienced kayakers who want to be able to stand without the worry of their kayaks tipping over.
– Unique side-shafted design ensures the boat stays stabilized
– Very easy to adjust the angle of the floats
– Everything included in the package for easy installation
– Made specifically for people who are new to kayaking
– Great pride compared to other similar kayak stabilizers
– Weighs just 7 pounds so it is highly portable