- 1. Ruff-Sport Trailer for Kayak
- 2. RIGHT-ON TRAILER Multi-Rack Kayak Trailer
- 3. Malone Auto Racks MicroSport Trailer Kayak
- 4. Yakima Rack and Roll Kayak Trailer
- 5. Road Keel Folding Kayak and Bike Adventure Trailer
If you have one or more kayaks and either don’t have room inside of or on top of your car, you will definitely want to look into finding a reliable kayak trailer. The best kayak trailers are built from high quality parts and you can count on them to hold your kayaks still when you are transporting them to and from your adventuring spots.
The problem with there being so many kayak trailers out there these days is that it can be tough to find the perfect one for your needs. You of course have to factor in how much each one of them costs, but you also want to find a trailer that will hold your specific kayaks perfectly. And on top of that, each trailer has its own features, some of which you will want and others you won’t care as much about.
Below you are going to find some of the top rated kayak trailers that people are buying these days. Each one is known for doing a great job of keeping one or more kayaks in place while they’re being moved. However, there are some differences between them so be sure to take a look at each one of their features before you decide which one is best for your kayak(s).
Ruff-Sport Trailer for Kayak, Bicycle, and SUP
This is a fantastic trailer to get regardless of whether you are using it for kayaks, bikes, SUPs, or even any combination of those three. This kayak trailer was built to last thanks to its steel frame and its high quality crossbar so you will not have to worry about needing to replace it for years to come. It is a lower trailer, which is great because it makes loading and unloading your kayaks that much easier. It also rolls very smoothly on the road so your cargo won’t be moving around too much during the ride.
– Galvanized steel frame ensures long-term durability
– Large 12 inch wheels
– 64 inch crossbar can hold most roof rack accessories
– Fold up locking tongue stand
– Soft springs can easily absorb road vibrations
– Designed to be easily pulled even by smaller cars
– Very high 400 pound weight capacity
RIGHT-ON TRAILER Multi-Sport Multi-Rack Kayak Trailer
This uniquely designed kayak trailer from RIGHT-ON TRAILER is a fantastic choice for anyone looking for a trailer that can easily handle up to four kayaks. It is surprisingly light in weight considering how much it can hold. It also was designed in a way to make it very easy to load the top and bottom racks; in fact, you can very easily load the trailer on your own if you need to. On top of all of that, it also has a locking tongue stand, which will keep the trailer in place while also preventing anyone from stealing it while you are out kayaking.
– Can carry up to 4 kayaks or 6 bicycles
– Includes second tier rack to carry more kayaks or gear
– 64 inch crossbars will support the most popular roof rack accessories
– Light in eight compared to other top-rated kayak trailers
– Fold up locking tongue stand
Malone Auto Racks MicroSport Trailer Kayak
This kayak trailer from Malone is one of the most popular in the world because it is packed with features that kayakers love. It has enough room for up to four kayaks, it is extremely easy to mount the kayaks thanks to the sideways loading design, and it even comes with a bunch of backup parts just in case you need them. Put all of that together and you have a top of the line kayak trailer that doesn’t cost an arm and a leg.
– Very easily holds up to 4 kayaks
– Marine grade galvanized steel frame for long-term durability
– Coated steel cross rails can hold most accessories
– Extended heavy-duty tongue
– Includes extra wheel
– 350 pound weight capacity
– 5 year warranty included
Yakima Rack and Roll Kayak Trailer
Yakima has been one of the most trusted kayak trailer makers for years now and this is easily their best trailer yet. It is very wide, giving you plenty of room to put your kayak and any accessories you have. It also has a very cool lock feature on its tires and tongue so you will never have to worry about anyone coming up and steeling the trailer while you are out on the water. It’s also one of the only kayak trailers with an independent suspension, allowing it to roll smoother than most other kayak trailers.
– Fully adjustable design ensures your kayaks stay completely still
– 78 inch crossbars are compatible with most kayak accessories
– You don’t have to worry about theft thanks to locking levers with keys
– Independent suspension keeps the trailer steady on roads
– Converts into a hand cart with carrying handle
– 300 pound weight capacity
Road Keel Folding Kayak and Bike Adventure Trailer
What makes this kayak trailer from Road Keel stand out from the crowd is the fact that it is almost fully customizable for your needs. The racks can pivot, giving you an easy way to load up your kayaks and any accessories that you want to take with you. It is also one of the easiest trailers to load due to the fact that the rack is only three feet off of the ground. If you want a kayak trailer that has a ton of features and was built to last, you should definitely look into this one from Road Keel.
– High quality steel construction
– Rust resistant thanks to powder coat finish
– Base is only 3 feet high so it is very easy to load
– 12 inch aluminum wheels
– Folds and stands up, making it very easy to store away when not in use
– Can be converted into flatbed thanks to removable side support rails
– Short tongue included
– Very long lasting LED lights