- 1. Contender Fight Sports Shin Guards
- 2. Meister MMA Elastic Cloth Padded Guards
- 3. Fairtex Competition Shin Guards
- 4. Venum Elite Standup Shin Guards
- 5. Sanabul Essential Hybrid Kickboxing MMA Shin Guards
- 6. RDX Shin Guards
- 7. DMoose Sports MMA Shin Guards
- 8. Combat Sports Washable MMA Training Instep Padded Shin Guards
- 9. Hayabusa T3 Muay Thai and Kickboxing Shin Guards
- 10. Twins Special Classic Shin Guard
Click Here for today’s Amazon deals on MMA accessories
Shin guards are an absolute essential pieces of equipment that you can buy for combat sport training, specifically any combat sports that include kicking. In fact, besides hand wraps and gloves, you really aren’t going to find a more important piece that you will be wearing. If you are in some type of combat sport training that includes kicking, you really should buy the best shin guards that you can to avoid any type of nasty leg injury.
Believe it or not, there are quite a few differences between shin guards, so you definitely do not want to just buy the first ones that you come across. You will want to find shin guards that are the right size for you and you will want to make sure that you are comfortable in them since they are going to be on your legs for hours at a time when you’re training. There are wide shin guards, narrow thin guards, and even detachable shin guards that you can buy.
Finding a great pair of shin guards can be a pretty tough mission for some people, so we have put together a list of five great pairs of shin guards that are some of the most popular in the world right now. Take a look through the list below and pick the ones that you think will fit you best. Before you make your choice, you should make sure that you look through each and every one of the features that make each pair a bit different than the others.
Contender Fight Sports MMA Muay Thai Kickboxing Shin Guards
These Contender Fight Sports shin guards don’t have a flashy look to them because the company wanted to focus on two things: Comfort and performance. The foam on the inside does the job of absorbing heavy impacts and the high quality leather on the outside gives them that extra bit of cushion that they need without being overly heavy on the legs. These are comfortable shin guards that get the job done, plain and simple.
– Made with shock absorbing foam
– Covered with synthetic leather striking surface
– Maximum grip thanks to neoprene wrap used
– Allows for full range of motion
– Ideal for grappling
– Multiple sizes for both kids and adults
– 4 color options
Meister MMA Elastic Cloth Shin & Instep Padded Guards
Meister decided to go the elasticized route with their shin guards and fighters all around the planet seem to love them. They do a great job of conforming to the legs and the fact that they are very light in weight means that you don’t even notice that you are wearing them. Add to all of that the fact that they were built to last for years and you can probably understand why these Meister shin guards are on this list.
– Lightweight guards
– Extremely easy to slide on legs
– Unique hook and loop straps keep the top of the guards in place
– Padding specifically designed to wrap around leg
– Maximum protection in lightweight form
– Comes in 3 different sizes (youth, small/medium, and large/extra-large)
– 4 different color options
Fairtex Competition Muay Thai Shin Guards
These Fairtex Competition shin guards offer full protection from your knees to your lower calves thanks to the thick high density foam used from top to bottom. They were made specifically for Muay Thai fighting, but they can also be used for other types of combat sport training. They come in multiple sizes and four different colors. These shin guards have been some of the top selling guards for many years now and that should continue to be the case.
– No metal materials or rough edges around guards
– Very lightweight
– Made for training and competitive fighting
– Full protection for both the knee and the foot
– Hook and loop pull strap added for best fit
– Comes in 4 different sizes (small, medium, large, and extra-large)
– 4 different color options
– Made by the highest-rated brand in Muay Thai
– Each pair is hand made in Thailand
Venum Elite Standup Shin Guards
What makes these Venum Elite Standup Shin Guards stand out from the rest of the shin guards on the market right now is the fact that they are made of premium materials from top to bottom. For example, the guards are covered in a top-of-the-line leather to give that extra bit of cushion and comfort. They are also very light in weight, allowing you to move naturally and quickly without being weighed down. On top of all of that, the Venum Elite Standup Shin Guards have strategically placed Velcro straps that ensure the shin guards will never slip while you’re training or sparring.
– Outer layer made of unique Skintex leather material
– High density foam and extra padding for maximum protection
– Lightweight design for maximum speed and mobility
– Heightened shock absorption
– Large straps made of Velcro for simple no-slip grip
– Comes in 3 different sizes (medium, large, and extra-large)
– 15 different color options
– Every pair is handmade in Thailand
Sanabul Essential Hybrid Kickboxing MMA Shin Guards
These are the only hybrid shin guards on this list because they have actually been proven to work for both kickboxing and mixed martial arts in the real world. The Sanabul Essential Hybrid shin guards offer a high level of leg protection thanks to the specially designed foam in each pad and the fact that they were designed to fit perfectly on any legs. They also happen to be some of the best looking shin guards that you will find and they come in multiple sizes and colors.
– Designed to work equally well for kickboxing and mixed martial arts fighters
– High-impact protection thanks to specially designed foam inside of guards
– Neoprene slip on design ensures the shin guards will stay in place
– Extra Padding added to fit around foot
– Triple stitched design ensures that shun guards will last longer than most competitors
– Comes in 3 different sizes (extra-small, small/medium, and large/extra-large)
– 6 different color options
RDX Shin Guard
For a quality pair of shin guards from a company that is a familiar brand in the fight game, consider the RDX Shin Guards. These shin guards with instep are perfect for all of your striking sports. These have a dual padding and non-bulky design that is created with a nylon based and lightweight Nylastic outer cover for great durability and flexibility. You’ll need this durability because it is protecting one of the most sensitive bones in y our body. Along with the foot protectors, you can be sure that your lower extremities will be completely covered. On the inside of the shell, the Max-Shock foam and Shell-Shock Gel will absorb a great deal of the force that you will inevitably get when you train. The QD-1 moisture wicking technology will ensure that your sweat will be pulled away from the skin. Enjoy the luxury of these shin guards if you are a fighter. You won’t regret it.
– Padded and molded design for incredible protection
– QD-1 moisture wicking technology to keep your legs dry and comfortable
– Dual padding has built in Supremo-Shock Foam and Shell-Shock Gel
– NEO-1 based hook and loop closure system
DMoose Sports MMA Shin Guards
The DMoose Sports MMA Shin Guards can be picked up for $20 a pair. These are some of the most versatile and durable striking pads that are available for 2019. These shin pads features an Original 3 coated synthetic leather make that give these pads improved strength and durability. These pads are great because they really absorb the shock of the strikes and blocks you’ll be taking which will keep you moving and improving. It’s got an exclusive P-fit system that will make sure you have a snug and comfortable fit. It also features a double strap to hold the pads snuggly in place with no slipping.
– Non-slip interior with ergonomic design for extra stability
– Adjustable closure straps and stress resistance
– 100% synthetic leather for great performance and durability
– Additional padding of the high density foam that will give you improved shock resistance
– Moisture wicking lining will keep your workouts dry, comfortable and cool
– Slick graphics and an embossed label for a little flare
Combat Sports Washable MMA Training Instep Padded Shin Guards
The Combat Sports Washable MMA Training Instep Padded Shin Guards combine convenient practicality with comprehensive protection. These shin guards are made of a very comfortable and soft polyester blended material. These will slide up your legs easily for use and stay in one place when you use them to strike the bag or an opponent. These are machine washable and all you have to do is slide out the foam padding and there you have it. These pads are sold in pairs and they are available in small, medium, large and X-large. The compression material hugs the leg firmly and promotes better circulation and the lightweight construction makes it feel like you’re not wearing anything. They are one the best out there right now and you’ll see why if you get to try them. These shin pads are available in grey, red, black and blue.
– Machine washable by just removing the padding from the Velcro pocket and then throwing it in
– The compression material used in the making of these pads are comfortable and designed to hug the leg
– These are sold in pairs
– Available in blue, red, grey and black
– Comes in various sizes to fit legs of all sizes
Hayabusa T3 Muay Thai and Kickboxing Shin Guards
The Hayabusa T3 Muay Thai and Kickboxing Shin Guards are the standard of training equipment in the MMA and kickboxing space. These shin guards were designed by the in-house team at Hayabusa and the T3 is the result of a great deal of testing, researching and developing. These shin guards offer the athlete a secure a comfortable fit no matter if you are blocking or striking. They are lightweight and flexible which offers optimal protection and mobility. The flexible pre-curved build of the T3 stays in place no matter how hard you are working. They were ergonomically aligned to fit the contours and shape of the knee and leg, offering max protection of the shit and support for every strike or block that is absorbed.
Hayabusa makes gear that is built to last. The craftsmanship and attention to detail offer both a resilient and strong shin protector for the people that wear it. The reviews and quality are both top notch so, see what all the fuss is about.
– When measuring for size, go from the top of the foot to just below the knee cap
– Flexible, lightweight and pre-curved shin guards that are ergonomically designed to fit the shape of the knee and leg
– Perfect choice for MMA, Muay Thai and kickboxing
– Inner silicone grip and dual straps ensure a secure fit
Twins Special Classic Shin Guard
The Twins Special Classic Shin Guard are made to enhance your kicks and protect your lower legs. These pads offer the athlete a heavy duty foam padding and a full instep padding for the best protection when executing low strikes, low kicks and blocking. These are built to take on the rigorous training that top fighters will endure. They are made of pure leather with a double Velcro strap closure for a comfortable and secure fit to your leg. In addition to this, the Velcro closures allow you to easily put on and take off the shin guards between sessions. Under the sold of the foot you’ll find and elastic strap to make sure you have full control and in-step protection. The standard has been set for visual design, functionality and stitching. We are big fans of the brand and you’ll see why when you pick these up.
– Twins Shin Guard are great for most striking sports including Muay Thai, Kickboxing and MMA
– Made of 100% leather for a durable, long lasting shin guard
– Made in Thailand
If you see any incorrect information in this post or any others, please contact us at [email protected]