Last Updated on July 12, 2023
Knives are some of the oldest tools known to mankind and they have been used since man learned how to use tools. Almost all of these type of tools used back then had some sort of edge or point and were usually used for chopping or cutting. This goes to show you that knives have been around forever and man has always been accustomed to using them.
We believe there are multiple reasons why every person should have a small pocket knife. Usually, the small knives are 3” or under and are legal in almost all states. Once you get longer than that, you should keep them at home. That being said, there are so many reason to have a pocket knife. The main reason to have a small pocket knife is because of its ability to cut. It’s nice to have around for that.
The convenience of having a small pocket knife is also another great reason to keep one on you. Instead of going to grab some scissors to open a package or to cut off a tag, your small pocket knife is there for you.
You should also keep a small pocket knife on you in case of emergency. You never know when you’ll need it to get you out of a jam or out of self-defense. Overall, having a small pocket knife is something every person should carry.
That being said, there are a lot of options so we created this list of some of the best small pocket knifes of the year. We hope this list makes your decision a little easier.
- 1. EZKIT Pocket Knife
- 2. Victorinox Swiss Army Classic SD Pocket Knife
- 3. Gerber LST Ultralight Knife
- 4. Case Small White Texas Toothpick Pocket Knife
- 5. Kershaw Blur Black (1670BLK) Everyday Carry Pocketknife
EZKIT Pocket Knife
The EZKIT Pocket Knife is a small pocket knife that folds and has a wooden handle. This knife measures total of 4.6 inches when open and 2.8 inches when closed. The size of this knife makes it a great candidate for being your everyday pocket knife. Not only does it look great with the wooden handle but it is well made with stainless steel ensuring this knife will be there for you whenever you need it. You can be sure this knife won’t accidentally open up in your pocket with the liner lock. This makes it easy and safe to carry around in case you need it.
– 4.6 in total, 2.8 inches closed
– Comfort grip with blackwood handle
– Made of D2 stainless steel
– Liner lock provides a secure loc so it won’t open in pocket
– Fixed screw for thumb opening
– Great looking every day knife
Victorinox Swiss Army Classic SD Pocket Knife
The Victorinox Swiss Army Classic SD Pocket Knife is that classic image and knife that you probably remember from when you were a kid. Boy scouts swear by them and you will probably do them same when you have this small pocket knife on when you need one of the tools inside. It’s always nice to have a knife but to add a nail file, screwdriver, scissors, key ring, tweezers and a toothpick, you’ve got a combination of tools that will set you up nice in a lot of situations. The stainless steel build and size of this knife add to the quality of this knife.
– Fits nicely in your pocket or will make a great addition to a set of keys
– Construction is of stainless steel
– Includes key ring, knife, tweezers, toothpick, scissors, screwdriver and nail file
– Length is 2.25 inches
– Made in Switzerland
– Lifetime guarantee against defects in workmanship and material
Gerber LST Ultralight Knife
The Gerber LST Ultralight Knife is a fine small pocket knife made by the outdoors giant, Gerber. This is the perfect small pocket knife that is simple and functional. This will end up running you about $10 and it would be well worth it. This knife has an ultra-smooth mechanical action and it feels great when you open and close the blade. This is one of the lightest and most comfortable pocket knives you can own and even though it is small and light, it is very durable. Gerber is well known for their solid construction of their products and this one is no different. Count on having it for many years.
– Handle is lightweight and synthetic
– Overall length is 4.62 inches and when closed it is 2.65 inches
– Blade is made of 420HC stainless steel
– Lock back design
– Handle has tactile texturing
Case Small White Texas Toothpick Pocket Knife
The Case Small White Texas Toothpick Pocket Knife is one that will want to keep forever based on the functionality and good looks. This knife is equipped with a clip blade that is long and slender. The clip blade is most commonly used as a blade that can do it all and that is why this knife is often used as an everyday carrying knife. The collection this knife belongs too offers consumers Chrome Vanadium or Tru-Sharp Surgical Stainless Steel blades. They also give you the option of choosing a bone or synthetic handle.
– Blade is Tru-Sharp surgical steel
– Great for hiking, the outdoors or just projects around the house
– When closed, this knife is 3 inches long and weighs 1 ounce
– Limited lifetime warranty
– Lightweight and durable for years of use
Kershaw Blur Black (1670BLK) Everyday Carry Pocketknife
The Kershaw Blur Black (1670BLK) Everyday Carry Pocketknife comes with a 3.4 inch drop point blade that is made of stainless steel and the handle is DLC coated. The handle on this blade features Speedsafe assisted opening of the blade. It has a lanyard hold and the pocket clip is reversable. In all, this is a fantastic small pocket knife that can be used for everyday purposes.
Another reason this is a great small pocket knife to carry around with you is how easy it is to open and close. With the thumb stud placed in a place that makes it really easy to access, it just takes a flip of the wrist to get this knife into action.
– Handle reinforced with liner lock for safety
– Durable and tough
– Speedsafe Assisted Opening for safe and easy opening with one hand