Snow anchors can serve many different purposes, so it’s not surprising that a lot of people are interested in finding the best anchors that they can. Snow anchors are used for climbing, camping, and in a variety of other situations when you need something held down. As you can probably imagine, people depend on their anchors since a bad anchor can result in damage of many kinds; even the worst kind.
Picking out a snow anchor can be very tricky if you don’t know what to look for. Everyone knows that they want their anchors to stay in place and not budge, but it can be tough to know the features that you want in your anchor if you’ve never bought one before. Well that’s what we’re here for!
On this page we are going to take a look at some snow anchors that people have come to depend on in recent years. Some are new, improved models, while in other cases the anchors are the same designs that companies have been selling for years. Some of the products on this page will have multiple uses, while in other cases the anchors are made specifically for climbers or campers. We highly recommend looking over all of the features mentioned below each product before you commit to buying one.
Cosmos Aluminum Tent Stakes
“Deadman” tent stake anchors are very popular snow anchors these days, and these Cosmos Aluminum Tent Stakes are some of the best that you will find. They are the perfect width for plunging into the snow, and most importantly, staying put. Unlike other snow anchors, Cosmos decided to add in a unique U-shape at the top of these stakes for easier pushing and a tighter fit. Whether you buy them for camping or climbing, you really can depend on these stakes.
– 6 tent stakes
– 12 inches long
– 1.38 inches wide
– 6 holes for multiple rigging options
– Made of sturdy aluminum
– The unique U-shape makes the snow stakes much stronger than many other similar products
– Work equally well in sand and snow
Tent Tools Sand & Snow Anchors
This Tent Tools Sand & Snow Anchors package is ideal for people who know that they need high grade materials while they are camping or climbing. The anchors work equally well in snow, sand, and even in rocky terrain, so it’s the type of package that most outdoorsy people would love to own. It also comes with a custom made Metal D Ring Clip, which makes attaching to guylines extremely easy even for beginners.
– All parts made of high grade metal
A complete package of all of the tools you’ll need to keep your tent in place or even to keep you safe while climbing
– All tools are made of lightweight materials so the kit will never weigh you down
– Snow anchors are light, durable and easy to bury in the sand or snow
– Comes with anchors, clips, and bag
– Lifetime guarantee on the entire package, so if anything breaks you can get a full refund
– Inexpensive for what you get in the package
MSR Snow Picket
If you are looking for a strong and durable single snow anchor for climbing, you will probably be interested in this MSR Snow Picket. MSR is easily the most popular snow picket brand on the market thanks to their long history of providing climbers with dependable products. And these products need to be dependable considering that if they fail, climbers could be left in terrible predicaments. This new version of the MSR snow picket has a couple of new features, including a curved edge for easy placement.
– Made of the strongest aircraft-grade aluminum
– Narrowed end allows for easy penetration into snow
– Shaped in a way that prevents it from being deformed after many uses
– Sticks extremely well in snow, making it a very dependable snow picket
– Includes a convenient red mark to show you where to clip into the anchor
Orange Screw: The Ultimate Ground Anchor
The Orange Screw is perhaps the easiest ground anchor in the world to use. You simply get it in position and it is ready to screw down into the ground. The custom hand piece makes it very easy to twist and the included drive tool can help when you don’t have a surface to twist into. This is the ideal anchor set to buy if you know that you are going to be doing a lot of camping or if you want a product that allows you to anchor just about anything to the ground around your house.
– 4 small sand and snow anchors and 1 drive tool
– Screw design makes for easy placement in dirt, sand and snow
– At just 1.8 ounces apiece, these are light enough to carry around yet can hold down heavy tents
– Small size makes them very portable
– One of the easiest sets of anchors to use, making them great for beginner climbers and campers
– Can secure just about anything, so they can be used all year round
Omega Pacific Snow Anchor
Omega Pacific has gone all out with this snow anchor by using some of the strongest materials they could find. They also gave this anchor a unique shape to keep it from causing any unnecessary problems for climbers. The design looks simpler than many of the other snow anchors out there, but in reality it is a design that is said to easy drive into the snow and stay put the way that every climber wants his or her snow anchors to do.
– Each anchor is individually coated with high grade 6061 T-6 aluminum
– Made without any sharp edges to ensure that it doesn’t snag or cut ropes attached to it
– Easily penetrates the snow in a straight line
– Highly durable thanks to its unique shape
– 36 inches long
– 27.3 ounces