- 1. ALPS Adult All Terrain Snowshoes
- 2. Chinook Trekker Snowshoes
- 3. ENKEEO All Terrain Snowshoes
- 4. WildHorn Outfitters Sawtooth Snowshoes for Men and Women
- 5. MSR Evo Trail 22-Inch Hiking Snowshoes
If you are looking for a fun and inexpensive way to investigate the great outdoors on those snowy days, snowshoeing is one of the best options out there. It is a great way to get in a workout and it is easy to learn, doesn’t require many skills to get started and you don’t need any other equipment outside the snowshoes themselves. Unlike the old wood contraptions, we’ve seen in the movies, the snowshoes of today are easy to move around in and lightweight. They make walking over the deep snow much easier by dispersing a person’s weight evenly over a larger area. In doing this, a person almost floats over most kinds of cover and snow while covering far more distance in a shorter period of time instead of struggling through deep snow and drifts.
No matter if you are tackling a backwoods winter hike or exploring a nature preserve nearby, snowshoes are going to make the event much more fun and manageable. Like most sporting equipment, you need to buy something that is going to get the best performance out of you in that activity. Picking a good pair of snowshoes could be the difference between you struggling through the snow or having a great day.
Because which snowshoes you pick matters, we’ve compiled this list of some of the best snowshoes of 2019. With the help of a description and list of features, you should feel much more informed about some of the highest rated snowshoes out there right now. Enjoy!
ALPS Adult All Terrain Snowshoes
The ALPS Adult All Terrain Snowshoes come with everything you need to get your journey started right. These incredible snowshoes from ALPS comes with trekking poles and a carrying tote bag for an affordable price. These snowshoes come in 22”, 25”, 27”, 30” and 34” for women, men and kids alike.
The frames of these snowshoes is built out of lightweight 6001 series aircraft quality aluminum tubing, while the decks of the snowshoes are made of lightweight, durable and low temperature resistant copolymer HDPE materials. In addition, the binding system hold your feet snuggly because of the double layer gear. The Fast-Loc buckles and lacing system keep your feet securely in place.
ALPS is a quality sporting goods company that makes great products and we think they’ve done it again with this product.
– Lightweight 6001 series aircraft aluminum tubing was used to craft the shoe frames
– Binding system hold your feet tight and offer easy entry with double layers gear
– Fast-Loc buckles and lacing system make putting on and taking off snowshoes a breeze
Chinook Trekker Snowshoes
The Chinook Trekker Snowshoes are another great option and the Trekker series from Chinook offers incredible comfort and great traction while walking on moderate terrains and packed snow. You can truly enjoy all that winter has to offer with these snowshoes. The frames are made of strong, lightweight aluminum as well as being ergonomically designed to ensure easy walks while staying comfortable. The polyethylene decking is UV resistant while the bindings stay flexible up to -40 degrees. These bindings have freeze resistant features and an easy to use ratchet system that makes easy to secure and adjust. It even comes stock with heavy duty crampons made of aluminum to bite int the snow. As if this wasn’t enough, enjoy a limited lifetime warranty as well.
– Strong and lightweight aluminum frame
– UV resistant decking made of polyethylene
– Ratchet bindings and heel straps with release buckles make these easy to get on and take off
– Comes with a carry bag that has side handles, backpack straps and mesh ventilation
ENKEEO All Terrain Snowshoes
When we think about quality snowshoes, the ENKEEO All Terrain Snowshoes come to mind and for good reason. These snowshoes feature a streamlined and ergonomic design that makes it easy to walk for long periods of time. The bindings are double ratcheting and they fit a large amount of sizes and styles of winter boots. All that is required is a pull on the webbing straps and heel adjustment and you are ready to go. In addition, the aluminum teeth of the crampons and heel strap offer even more comfort and traction on moderate terrains and packed snow. With these snowshoes, you’ll really be able to enjoy the outdoors.
– Comes in various sizes for kids, women and men
– Comfort and fashion with the streamlined and ergonomic design that are orange and black
– Strong metal frame makes these snowshoes extremely durable
– Completely adjustable with double ratcheting bindings
WildHorn Outfitters Sawtooth Snowshoes for Men and Women
The WildHorn Outfitters Sawtooth Snowshoes are great for men and women. The Sawtooth Snowshoes offer incredible snow flotation with a lightweight aluminum build mean you will be able to walk for long periods of time while retaining that precious energy. These snowshoes also offer a sleek look and reliable design. They are available in two lengths and in three different colors. Both the 27” and the 21” models offer maximum floating.
These snowshoes have no slip features that include a heal strap and ratchet bindings with an auto locking system for a secure and comfortable fit. The steep incline heel lift riser that provides balance and traction when going up hills. We are big fans of this model and highly recommend these.
– Adjustable bindings that offer easy ratcheting style uppers with buckle secure heel and quick release
– Lightweight aluminum frame side rails as well as the light components of these snowshoes make movement easy
– Two sets of durable, reinforced crampons made of metal to ensure traction in icy conditions
MSR Evo Trail 22-Inch Hiking Snowshoes
The MSR Evo Trail 22-Inch Hiking Snowshoes will cost you a little more money, but if you are serious about your snowshoes, these are an incredible pair to purchase. They come in five different color options because no says you can’t look good while you’re out there.
This one of the favorites for snowshoers around the glove because they offer fantastic value for all-condition days and trail walking. These snowshoes are 22 inches and provide excellent float and traction on the rolling terrain and snowy trails. There are a lot of great features on these snowshoes that make this one of our favorites of 2019.
– Durable, dependable all condition snowshoes that features incredible flotation and traction
– Steel brake bars and traction rails are molded into the decking of this snowshoe in addition to the carbon steel crampons
– DuoFit bindings offer glove friendly, freeze resistant adjustability