- 1. Hurricane Bluefin Spinning Surf Rod
- 2. Penn Prevail Surf Spinning Fishing Rod
- 3. TICA UGSA Series Surf Spinning Fishing Rod
- 4. Okuma Tundra Surf Spinning Combo
- 5. St. Croix Triumph Surf Spinning Rod
Anglers who have done some surf fishing in their lives will know that it is very important to have good surf rods if they want to have a good day on the water. They definitely aren’t all created equally, so you will want to find a rod that you are going to be comfortable with. On this page we are going to take a look at what the most important parts of surf rods and some of the best surf rods that you can buy right now.
First off, you want to find a surf rod that is the right length for you because you want to have a rod that you can physically control and for maximum casting distance. You’ll also want to get a rod with the right amount of power and action for your needs. Finally, you want your surf rod to be comfortable to hold (good handles) and you want it to be made of materials that are made to last.
Below you will find five of the very best surf rods available today. These surf rods are made by well-respected companies and have been tested out by anglers of all experience levels. Each one is also unique in its own way, so be sure that you look over all of their features so you can figure out which one you should buy.
Check out our list of some of the best surf rods of 2019.
Hurricane Bluefin Spinning Surf Rod
What Hurricane went for with their Bluefin rod was an affordable, highly functional rod that anyone can use. And you know what, they absolutely pulled it off. It’s a light, comfortable surf rod that has a quality look to it and it functions exactly as you’d hope. The unique double-dipped E-Glass design ensures that you can catch the largest fish without breaking your back, so plenty of people would be very happy with this surf rod.
– Rod blanks made from strong double-dipped E-Glass
– Aluminum oxide guides
– Graphite reel seat
– Cork wrap handle ensures that you will always have a comfortable grip on the rod
– Medium heavy power
– 1-4 ounce lure weight
– Surf rod is 9 inches in length
Penn Prevail Surf Spinning Fishing Rod
Over the years, Penn has become known for making some of the highest quality fishing rods on the market, and that is certainly the case with their Penn Prevail surf rods. These two-piece rods were designed to be able to be used for multiple fishing techniques, making them perfect for people who do not want to have to buy multiple rods for different types of fishing excursions. With the Penn Prevail you’ll have one of the strongest and most sensitive surf rods out there and one that was built to last many years.
– Graphite composite blank construction material surf rod
– Excellent sensitivity which means that you can feel even the lightest of nibbles
– Made to be used in many different types of fishing techniques
– Stainless steel guides with aluminum-oxide inserts so any type of line can be used
– DPS reel seat
– Rubber shrink tube handle ensures you always have a comfortable grip
– 6 different lengths / powers to choose from
TICA UGSA Series Surf Spinning Fishing Rod
This TICA surf rod comes in one or two pieces and is made of some of the highest quality materials used on rods today. The FUJI guide and reel seat are some of the most trusted parts on surf rods right now, and the cork tape handle ensures that you will always have a good grip on the rod no matter what you are reeling in. The rod itself is made of TC3 graphite, which is considered to be one of the strongest materials used for rods today, so it’s a rod that was made to perform and to last.
– TC3 graphite surf rod
– Available in 1 and 2 piece designs
– Premium FUJI alconite tip top guide
– FUJI DPS reel seat
– Handmade non-slip cork tape handle for a fantastic grip
– 10 sizes to choose from with various power options
Okuma Tundra Surf Spinning Combo
The people at Okuma Fishing are known for thinking outside the box when they make their fishing rods, and that is definitely the case with this Tundra surf rod. It has a unique drag system, a drive system that isn’t used in any other rod, and the glass fiber blank is one of the strongest that you’ll find. Add to all of that the fact that it is extremely affordable and it’s no wonder that this is one of the top selling surf rods on the market right now.
– Glass fiber rod blank
– 1BB ball bearing drive reel
– Corrosion resistant graphite spool
– Multi-disc oiled-felt drag system
– Guides made from aluminum oxide
– EVA foam used on handles for a fantastic grip
– Very durable
– Surf rod is 10 feet long
– Reel can hold 260 yards of 25 pound test line
St. Croix Triumph Surf Spinning Rod
St. Croix Rod is one of the most trusted premium brands in the fishing industry because they make high quality products that their customers can trust to get the job done. The St. Croix Triumph surf rod is no different as it is lightweight, strong, and has one of the longest casting distances that you will find. All of their surf rods have fast actions, giving them top-notch sensitivity and allowing you to know exactly when a fish has hit your line so you can start reeling them in.
– SCII graphite surf rods
– Aluminum-oxide surf guides helps to keep the rod light in weight
– Fuji DPS reel seat
– Unique design ensures that you can get longer distances on your casts
– Unique cork tape handle for the best grip possible
– 5 sizes to choose from and comes in 1 or 2 pieces
– Protective case included
– 5 year warranty