- 1. Stearns Adult Classic Series Vest
- 2. Full Throttle Adult Dual-Sized Nylon Water Sports Vest
- 3. Hyperlite Men’s CGA Vest
- 4. O’Neill Men’s Superlite USCG Life Vest
- 5. O’Brien Men’s Flex V-Back Neoprene Life Vest
If you enjoy the different water sports like jet skiing, wakeboarding, kneeboarding or water skiing, it is extremely important to stay safe and to do that, you are going to need great equipment. Water can be really dangerous and you have to make sure you take the time to prepare yourself before you get on the water. A life jacket for sailing is probably not the best choice for you if you are into more extreme water sports because the it doesn’t provide the same cushioning for higher speed sports. There are basic features that you need to consider before buying a life vest.
The best water life vests out there for water sports need to be very durable and strong enough to withstand the beating that it will take when you go down. Fit is just as important as the quality of the product. It’s got to be comfortable enough to wear all day but snug enough to do the job.
All that being said, there are a lot of options out there and you may not be sure of which ones to buy. You should check out our list below to get an idea of some of the best life vests of 2019. These life vests are all highly rated and will do the job. Your job is to read the description and features and decide on which one is right for you.
Stearns Adult Classic Series Vest
The Stearns Adult Classic Series Vest is an affordable vest for water sports that comes in multiple colors. With this vest, you enjoy a great day on the water. The PFD is US Coast Guard approved and is designed with three chest belts that are adjustable that will make your day on the boat a lot more enjoyable. This life jacked is sure to last and be on the boat with you for many years with the webbed 1 inch straps, PE foam on the inside and a durable nylon shell.
– The vest is built from nylon
– The sizing is an adult universal size that spans from 30” to 52” and an oversized that ranges from 52” to 62”
– Has a three buckle design
– Durable nylon
– Open sided design
– This vest is US Coast Guard approved and will last you for many years
Full Throttle Adult Dual-Sized Nylon Water Sports Vest
The Full Throttle Adult Dual-Sized Nylon Water Sports Vest is a great vest for the money. If you are looking for a life vest that is durable enough for water sports and affordable enough that it won’t break the bank, this could be the one for you. This vest is closed sided which means these vests can be locked together for easy storage which makes them nice. The sizing may be a little small so you might want to order up but this is a durable life vest that is made of 200 denier nylon ad 150 denier poly-twill.
– This is great for you water skiing, boating, fishing, or just relaxing on the water
– This jacket is approved by the United States Coast Guard
– Vest has adjustable belts and a strap for the chest
– This is durable and lightweight vest that will last for many years
Hyperlite Men’s CGA Vest
The Hyperlite Men’s CGA Vest was designed in 2016 but is still one of the best life jackets out there today in 2019. For just around $35, you can get your hands on this durable and great looking life vest. This life vest is one of the top choices to many of the people who would call themselves water sports enthusiasts and is great for people of all sizes and ages. No matter if you are a beginner or a pro, you will be protected when you wear this. The Pro V has armholes that are oversized to allow for uninhibited mobility and comfort. The foam panels on this vest are segmented and it has two 1.5 foot straps that are concealed. This is a Type III United States Coast Guard approved life vest.
– Oversized arm holes to allow for comfort and unrestricted mobility
– Segmented foam panels on this vest
– Two 1.5” straps that are concealed
O’Neill Men’s Superlite USCG Life Vest
The O’Neill Men’s Superlite USCG Life Vest comes in a variety of colors so not only does this life jacket work great, it looks great as well. This life vest provides one of the best fits in the water sports industry. This life vest is approved by the United States Coast Guard as well.
In all, this is a great product that does what it is supposed to do. It is affordable, durable and it looks great which is about all you can ask for in a life vest. Some have said this vest can be a little snug so you may want to order up but when you are in the water, you will see why it is so popular.
– USCG approved as a personal flotation device
– Great mobility with minimal bulk design
– Strong exterior through durable coated polyester shell
– Comfortable and soft, lightweight polyethylene foam
– Very relaxed fit
O’Brien Men’s Flex V-Back Neoprene Life Vest
The O’Brien Men’s Flex V-Back Neoprene Life Vest is a great choice for tubing, wakeboarding, wakesurfing and water skiing. This vest is well-made and comfortable while bending in all the right places. It is made of an extremely soft material and has a fit that looks great while allowing for uninhibited movement. The range of movement is maximized by the BioLite Construction that is even lighter than neoprene and improves the longevity of you on the water and the durably of the vest
One complaint of this vest is one that we seem to see a lot in these life vests and that is that it runs a little small.
– Two buckle and zip closure system
– Built from a BioLite constructed material that is lighter than neoprene
– Approved by the US Coast Guard
– This is not kidsafe