- 1. Columbia Mens Newton Ridge Plus II Waterproof Hiking Boot
- 2. KEEN Men’s Targhee II Mid Waterproof Hiking Boot
- 3. FREE SOLDIER Men’s Outdoor Military Tactical Ankle Hiking Boot
- 4. Timberland Men’s White Ledge Mid Waterproof Ankle Boot
- 5. Merrell Men’s Moab 2 Mid Waterproof Hiking Boot
If you do a lot of hiking, especially longer hikes, you already know how important it is to have a good pair of hiking boots. What’s great is that there are dozens of great companies making high quality boots these days, so they aren’t too hard to find like they used to be. The key is to find a pair that feels great on your feet while also doing the jobs they were created to do.
Men’s hiking boots are a lot more complicated than they seem. The best ones are made of high quality materials that will last many years. Most are also waterproof so you never have to worry about your socks and feet getting wet. Even though most of them have those features, it’s the other features that make the best ones stand out from the crowd.
It is very important that you end up with hiking boots that are both comfortable and durable, which is why we have put together a list of some of the top men’s hiking boots that are out there right now. Be sure to look through each pair’s features so you can end up with some hiking boots that you will love having on your feet for years to come. Please enjoy our list of some of the best men’s hiking boots of 2019.
Columbia Mens Newton Ridge Plus II Waterproof Hiking Boot
Columbia’s Newton Ridge Plus II is considered by many to be the best hiking boot out there, and the sales and high ratings certainly back that up. These boots are made of a premium leather material that will do the job of keeping your feet dry while also having the breathability you’ll want to stay comfortable on your hikes. If you do end up being interested in these shoes, you are sure to find a pair that you will like considering they have about 10 different styles to choose from and they’re available in every size.
– Made of a high quality waterproof leather material
– Thick rubber soles for great protection and traction
– Lightweight midsole ensures that your feet don’t feel weighed down
– Breathable and durable mesh tongue
– 9 different colors to choose from
– Available in 16 different sizes
KEEN Men’s Targhee II Mid Waterproof Hiking Boot
KEEN has been able to sell many pairs of these waterproof hiking boots because they are seen as some of the most rugged and dependable boots on the market today. They are made of high quality nubuck leather that you can depend on to keep your feet dry and to stay clean themselves. They also feel great on your feet thanks in large part to their ghillie lacing, their padded collars, and the thick cushioning in their midsoles. Put all of that together and it just makes sense that a lot of people choose these KEEN hiking boots over all of the others.
– Very high quality nubuck leather material
– Breathable to keep your feet comfortable on longer hikes
– Padded tongue and collar
– Perfect fit thanks to ghillie lacing
– Easy to put on thanks to heel pull
– 4 different colors to choose from
– Available in 17 different sizes
FREE SOLDIER Men’s Outdoor Military Tactical Ankle Hiking Boot
These high top men’s hiking boots from FREE SOLDIER are made of a very durable leather material, but it’s their flexibility that really makes them stand out from the pack. They have a good amount of bend down the middle, which means that they work very well if you plan on climbing hills on your hikes. They were also designed to keep your feet stable throughout your hikes with their EVA midsoles and the excellent grip their rubber soles get. If you plan on doing some tougher hikes, these might just be the best hiking boots for you.
– Full grain leather and abrasion resistant mesh materials
– Very easy to lace thanks to copper metal button holes
– Thick rubber outsole is slip and abrasion resistant
– Very comfortable removable insole
– 4 different colors to choose from
– Available in 9 different sizes
Timberland Men’s White Ledge Mid Waterproof Ankle Boot
Timberland hasn’t had to make too many changes to their hiking boots over the decades because they simple work. This new design uses a lot of what has worked in the past, but they also did a little more to give hikers an extra bit of stability that makes hiking that much easier. These boots look great, they feel great even on those longer hikes, and you can be sure that they will stay intact even after dozens of hikes. Try them on and you will see why these Timberland boots have been some of the best-selling boots in the world the last couple of years.
– These boots are made of a very high quality leather material
– They are seam-sealed so they are completely waterproof
– Rubber soles have excellent traction and give added protection
– Very easy to lace up
– 5 different colors to choose from
– Available in 16 different men’s sizes
Merrell Men’s Moab 2 Mid Waterproof Hiking Boot
Merrell has been doing a great job of adding top-notch features to their boots in recent years, and the Moab 2 might just be their best hiking boots yet. The leather and mesh uppers are both waterproof and breathable, ensuring that hikers are comfortable on the trails. The shock-absorbing heels might just be the standout feature, though, as they do that extra little bit to give people excellent stability no matter what type of hiking they are doing. You won’t find too many other hiking boots that will give you as much protection and comfort as the Moab 2’s will.
– Suede leather and mesh materials used on the outsoles
– Synthetic sole gives you great grip on the trails
– Great shock absorption thanks to the Merrell air cushions
– Nylon arch shank
– 7 different colors to choose from
– Available in 14 different sizes