- 1. Ocean Kayak 12-Feet Malibu Two Tandem Sit-On-Top Recreational Kayak
- 2. Vibe Kayaks Skipjack 120T
- 3. Intex Challenger K2 Kayak
- 4. Lifetime 10 Foot, Two Person Tandem Sit-on Kayak
- 5. Sevylor Coleman Colorado 2-Person Fishing Kayak
2 seater kayaks, also known as tandem kayaks, are very popular right now because they give two people the chance to go out on and adventure on the water whenever they feel like it. They are great for couples, for parents with younger children, or even just for two best buddies who want to go out on the water on a regular basis.
Many tandem kayaks look similar, but they definitely aren’t all made the same. There are different materials used in making the kayaks, some are easier than others to control, and many companies now include unique features in their 2 seater kayaks. It’s up to you to figure out the features that you want in your next kayak before you commit to buying one.
You probably already know that there are a lot of 2 seater kayaks out there right now, so it can be pretty tough to find the perfect one. On this page we will tell you about five of the very best tandem kayaks you can get based on the unique features that they have, their prices, and the positive reviews that they have received.
Ocean Kayak 12-Feet Malibu Two Tandem Sit-On-Top Recreational Kayak
This hard shelled 2 seater kayak is one of the best kayaks that you can buy if you are looking to go out on flat waters. It has plenty of seating room for two people and it controls better than just about every other kayak in its weight class. It also comes with two molded rod holders, which is a feature you won’t find on many kayaks in this price range. This is a great 2 seater kayak to get if you want plenty of room to stretch out while you’re out having a great time on the water.
– Made for solo or tandem use
– Includes 2 Comfort Plus seats that can be placed in any of the 3 seat wells
– Overlapping foot wells make paddling much easier
– 2 molded in handles
– Light in weight yet very stable
– 12 feet long, 34 inches wide
– 3 different color options: Envy, Sunrise, and Yellow
Vibe Kayaks Skipjack 120T
The Vibe Kayaks Skipjack 120T is easily one of the most attractive 2 seater kayaks that you can find right now, but it is so much more than that. It has two excellent deluxe seats for you and a partner, and it handles like a dream. It also happens to have many of the features people are looking for these days, such as its large storage compartments and the molded paddle parks that keep you from ever having to worry about your paddles going overboard. It’s an excellent kayak that has been a best seller for a while now.
– 2-person, sit on top kayak
– 2 paddle parks ensure your paddles always stay with the boat
– 2 sealed hatches provide plenty of storage space
– 4 carrying handles for simple transport
– 2 flush mount fishing rod holders
– Made specifically for family recreation and fishing
– 12 feet long, 72 pounds
– 3 different color options: Blue Camo, Sea Breeze, and Hunter Camo
Intex Challenger K2 Kayak
It’s no surprise that the Intex Challenger K2 kayak is so popular considering its sleek blue and green graphics and its very comfortable inflatable seats. The vinyl used all around the kayak ensure that it won’t get holes in it and that it will look like new even after dozens of times on the water. You also get plenty of storage room up front and the aluminum oars do a lot of the work for you when you’re paddling. If you were thinking about getting an inflatable 2 seater kayak, the Intex Challenger K2 kayak is definitely one you should check out.
– Simplified design to make it easy to paddle
– Made of the company’s very durable Super-Tough vinyl
– Inflatable seats with backrests
– Large cargo area with cargo net
– Removable skeg
– Unique and sporty bright green graphics
– Two 86 inch aluminum paddles and pump included
Lifetime 10 Foot, Two Person Tandem Sit-on Kayak
This hard shelled 2 seater kayak from Lifetime is extremely light at just 60 pounds, so it’s highly portable while still being tough enough to last for years. The three molded seats feel great on your bottom and back so you can sit back and relax while out on the water. It also comes with two high end paddles and paddle cradles that will keep them in the boat at all times. On top of all of that, it also has a massive amount of storage space for your fishing gear or anything else you want to take with you.
– Very lightweight 2 seater kayak at just 60 pounds
– Unique hull makes the kayak incredibly easy to handle
– Can seat up to 2 people a 500 pound weight capacity
– Padded backrests for maximum back support
– Adjustable footrests for different sized riders
– 10 feet long, 36 inches wide
– 2 different color options: Green and Yellow
Sevylor Coleman Colorado 2-Person Fishing Kayak
The Sevylor Coleman Colorado is seen by many as being the best inflatable kayak on the market today. It is a bit pricier than the other kayaks on this list, but that is because they have built it with plenty of great extras. For example, you can very easily put a trolling motor on it, which is not something you can do with most other 2 seater kayaks. It’s also extremely rugged, so you really don’t have to worry about it deflating on you.
– Made from the very durable 18-gauge PVC material
– Won’t deflate even if one of its air chambers is punctured
– Airtight System ensures the kayak will never leak
– Paddle and rod holders
– Includes fitting for a trolling motor
– D-rings made the kayak very easy to carry
– 10 feet long, 39 inches wide