Have the right tools for the job are important to making sure you get it done efficiently and quickly. This is basically a rule of life. It also goes for when you are filleting your catch for the day. When it comes to the process of filleting your fish, having a great fillet knife is a surefire way to make sure that are getting it done faster, easier and more efficiently.
Choosing the right knife for filleting fish can be a bit of a challenging task and that is because there are so many options out there. Depending on what you need the knife for, there may be special requirements placed on the knife. Fish fillet knives are going to have some different features than your normal meat fillet knives. Blade size is usually a factor with the normal sizes ranging from 4 inches to 9 inches. This is going to change depending on the fish you are looking to fillet. With bigger fish, you’ll need a longer blade because of the extra surface area and girth while smaller fish don’t require a long blade.
Because of all the options you have out there, we wanted to try and help by creating a list of some of our favorite fillet knives for fish for you to refer to. With a product description and list of features, you should have a pretty good idea of some of the top filleting knives for fish that that are available for 2019.
KastKing Fillet Knife
The KastKing Fillet Knife is available in multiple sizes. They start at a 5” inch bait knife and go all the way up to a 9” strong fillet knife. The 5” version is a versatile fixed blade knife for the outdoors. It is strong and stiff and has a serrated top edge to make easy work of cutting frozen bait. The 6”, 7”, and 9” blades are all very flexible, razor sharp and have curved blades that are prefect for filleting fish, processing any food and deboning the fish.
All of these incredible knives by KastKing will give you years of great fishing trips and service. This knife might end up being one of your best friends.
– Includes a knife sheath that will keep your blade safe and is durable
– These are made of G4116 German stainless steel
– Grips are made of slip-resistant, Super-Polymer for comfort and safety
Bubba Blade 9 Inch Tapered Flex Fillet Knife
The Bubba Blade 9 Inch Tapered Flex Fillet Knife comes with a non-slip grip handle and a full tang high carbon, stainless steel non-stick blade that is coated with titanium. This knife is the perfect fillet knife for all of your fishing trips. Bubba Blades are well known for their patented textured non-slip handle. The blade on this knife makes filleting smaller meat and pan fish very easy to cut. This blade is stiff and some flex which makes it the perfect companion for carving and filleting.
– 15” overall with a 9” blade
– Get grip security and knife control with the non-slip grip handle
– This blade features safety guards to protect you from the spines of fish and the blade
– This is a very durable blade that has an 8Cr13MoV blade that allows for easy maneuvering to remove meat without losing any
– This convenient blade offers a Ti-Nitride coated blade that is rust resistant and cuts easily
Rapala Fish n Fillet Superflex Knife
The Rapala Fish n Fillet Superflex Knife is a fantastic tool to have with you on your fishing trips. It comes in three different length options of a 4”, 6” and 7.5” blade. Most users describe this blade as supple, smooth and sharp. What else can you ask for in a fillet knife. It comes in a tooled leather sheath and has a polished brass ferrule so it is going to look great. The blade has a PTFE non-stick coating that allows the meat to fall away from the blade much easier. This incredibly thin blade is durable and flexible and allows you complete control while you work.
– Comes in a tooled leather sheath
– Polished brass ferrule
– Stainless steel blade is razor sharp and hand ground
– Through tang construction
– Incredibly thing blade that allows the person using it to have total control
Rhinoreto Fillet Knife Fishing
The Rhinoreto Fillet Knife is a flexible, stainless steel fillet knife that comes with a sheath and sharpener. This knife is available in 5” and 6.5”. This knife cuts very well and the grip is very comfortable and accommodating. It also comes with a vented plastic cover that stays put if you need to use it outdoors. Convenience is the specialty of this blade and the sharpener is an indication of that. Most fish fillet knives you are going to see don’t normally come with all these extras, but you’re going to get them here.
– Curved, flexible blade that has a non-stick coating to help the meat to slide off effortlessly
– Rubber handle is non-slip and safe and it large enough to fit most hands
– Lightweight, vented sheath means it will weigh less making this easier to transport
– Comes with a blade sharpener that is easy to use
– Blister packaging for a great gift
DALSTRONG Filet Knife – 7″
The 7” Fillet Knife by Dalstrong is one of our favorites for the 2019 season. It has been carefully designed to make skinning, trimming, filleting, de-scaling, de-boning and butterflying you fish or bird very satisfying and efficient. Consider this blade and extension of your arm and we say this because it features incredible control. This blade offers a 1.5mm thickness from the spine. It is highly maneuverable and ultra flexible which allows you to fly through sinew and flesh. This is from the Gladiator Series and it comes with both a travel case with a belt loop and a BPA free PerfectFit sheath for storing it safely.
– Ultra sharp, precision forged, wear resistant, high carbon, single piece ThyssenKrupp German steel blade
– 14 to 16 degrees after sharpening
– Knuckles have clearance with tall blade height
– Blade is stain finished and hand polished
– Flexibility and hardness with tapered design