Last Updated on December 14, 2022
As is the case in most sports or competitive activities, you are always looing for an edge. In fishing, you can always look for better bate, reels and rods but that doesn’t help if you don’t know where the fish are. This is why the fish finder was created and with the technology of sonar and radar, we can now spot fish like we never could before.
There are a lot of options out there so finding the right one can seem difficult. This is why we’ve compiled this list of some of the best fish finders on the market for the year. With a description of the product and a list of features, you should feel more comfortable about buying your next fish finder. Don’t waste anymore time and pick up one of these fine products.
Lowrance Fish Finder with CHIRP Sonar and GPS Plotter
If you are looking to up your fishing game by being able to locate large families of fish and other sea creatures simply by looking at a screen which will also help navigate you around the waters, the Lowrance fish finder is the fish finding technology for you. By placing a single transducer on the bottom half of the boat, you will be able to easily navigate your way around the waters with the sonar chirp. The sonar chirp will show then transfer its data up to a screen that will project its findings on display for you to monitor. This fish finder also comes equipped with a GPS feature which will show you your way if you get lost, it also sets up way-points for you to travel to.
– Digital sonar chirp technology
– Comes equipped with GPS navigation
– Attaches to bottom of the boat with a monitor screen for you to watch
– Includes transducer for bottom of the boat
– GPS allows you to set way-points and trails
Humminbird Combo Chirp GPS Fish Finder
Being able to navigate your way around the waters is very important when it comes to finding the perfect spot to cast your reel. With the Humminbird fish finder, you will not only be able to pinpoint your exact location, you will be able to pick up any fish that may be in the area with the special sonar chirp technology. In order to set up your fish finder, you will have a sensor that will stick to the bottom of your boat, this sensor then transfers its discoveries up to the monitor screen conveniently located on board your boat. This fish finder will provide you the depth of the waters you are in as well as temperatures of the water.
– Sonar chirp technology allows you to see under your boat
– Easy to set up and easy to use
– Tells you the depth of the water you are in
– Displays temperature of the water
– GPS navigation
Raymarine Dragonfly Sonar/GPS Fish Finder
The Raymarine Dragonfly fish finder is one of the leading fish finders out on the market today. With sharp color and wide viewing angles, the monitor on which you will be able to view the underside of your boat has never been more clear or accessible as it is with this device. With sonar chirp technology, you will be able to tell how far an object or fish is from your boat as well as how far down the area of water you are floating above goes. This device will work great in any weather condition and the screen will not fog up. Connect this device to your smartphone with a Bluetooth setting that allows you to see and monitor what is going on under the water’s surface. You will also be able to record, rewind, and replay any footage you may get while out on the water.
– Sonar chirp powered technology
– Connects to smartphone for extra monitoring
– MicroSD memory chip for saving sonar screenshots and footage
– LED back light on monitor
– Displays the temperature and depth of the water
LUCKY Handheld Portable Fish Finder
The LUCKY handheld fish finder is a great piece of equipment to take with you on your next fishing trip. Being able to tell you the depth of the waters you are in as well as being able to detect short/tall weeds, approximate fish location, and any rocks that may get in the way of your boat. You can attach this device to just about any small boat you have. Works great on kayaks under a speed of 5 miles per hour. The sonar is able to detect the water depth going down to 330 feet below the water’s surface. An alert system can be activated when the device comes across big schools of fish which makes it easier to be on the lookout.
– Small handheld device can be worn as a necklace for hands free use
– Sonar able to detect seaweed and other obstacles that may get in the way
– Perfect for any small boat such as a kayak
– Alerts you when near large schools of fish
– Great piece of equipment to take with you on any fishing trip
Garmin Striker Plus 4 with Dual-Beam Transducer
Garmin makes some of the best GPS devices so it is no wonder that they also make fantastic fish finders. This easy to set up and easy to use device not only helps you navigate through the waters, it will remember some of your key fishing spots and will display on how to get back to these areas. With sonar chirp technology, this device will alert you when any obstacle such as seaweeds or rocks are in the way of the boat. The GPS will track everywhere you go and you can even create way-points as well as special routes to steer you in the right direction.
– Sonar chirp technology calculates the depth of the waters you travel
– GPS locator will pinpoint your exact location and where you need to go
– Easy to use and set up
– Device has a memory of your fishing map
– Directs you to large schools of fish