Hiking can be a very arduous sport. Whether you are hiking up the side of the mountain filled with snow, or going through an expedition through the forest, one thing is for sure. You will get rocks, snow, and other elements of the earth stuck inside your boots, making it uncomfortable to walk or taking up time by fishing the material out of your boots. Gaiters are designed to keep all of this debris out of your shoes, keeping your feet safe and comfortable for those long hikes. When looking for the perfect gaiter, you will want to check for certain qualities before your purchase.
Most gaiters are as durable as they are safe and lightweight. Like many products, the more money they cost the better the material will be, be cautious of this however; there are many gaiters that are more than affordable and have the same features of the expensive ones. Down below are different gaiter brands from different companies and what makes each one unique in its own ways.
Outdoor Research Men’s Rocky Mountain High Gaiters
The Outdoor Research Men’s Rocky Mountain High Gaiters are a product that are brought to you by the company Outdoor Research. These gaiters are lightweight and durable enough to last you throughout a couple of hiking seasons. Made with a tough and durable material, these gaiters will be sure to protect your boots from getting any unwanted debris within it. Attach these gaiters to your hiking boots or your cross country ski boots for an all season adventure. These particular gaiters around 50 US dollars.
– Made with a high strength and durable nylon, leaving the boot with a sleek cover to allow any water or debris to easily slide off
– 1 inch wide hook loop is attached to the front of the gaiters to strap to the front of the boot, protecting your laces as well as the front of your boot
– Bottom strap made durable for the harshest conditions
– Elastic band to fasten against your boots for a snug fit
– Easily attaches to ski boots
YUEDGE Waterproof Breathable Leg Gaiters
YUEDGE Waterproof Breathable Leg Gaiters are brought to you by the company YUEDGE. These gaiters are designed specifically for those situations where you will be treading in waters. Those who are planning on doing some outdoor fishing, research, hunting or even trimming grass, these are the perfect, lightweight and durable gaiters you will need. Gaiters such as these not only keep debris from getting inside your boots, they help protect your pant legs and your legs with their comfortable and waterproof material. These gaiters priced around 15 US dollars.
– These gaiters are lightweight and easily able to slip on or off.
– Made with a waterproof fabric that will be sure to keep you dry when treading through waters
– The tread strap is abrasion resistant which means it is very durable
– Rust proof shoelace hooks makes sure that your gaiters will not start to rust, lasting seasons and seasons to come
– Breathable material so your legs will not suffer
Outdoor Durable Waterproof Highly Breathable Gaiters
These outdoor durable waterproof gaiters are brought to you by the company Rainbow Finch. Not only are these gaiters made with a durable waterproof and breathable material, they are specifically designed for those who plan on going on a long hike or a snowy mountain climb. Since these gaiters were meant to be used during the winter months, taking these gaiters with you for a hunting trip is another ideal option. Now you will not have to worry about your legs getting cold or snow becoming trapped inside your boots. These gaiters range in price anywhere from 17-25 US dollars.
– Double layered to keep your legs warm during those winter months
– Elastic band fastener to keep the gaiters tight and snug against your legs/boots
– Waterproof zipper that runs down the front for easy on and off access
– Allows your leg to breath, when zipped up, a pocket is formed to hold in the heat
– Waterproof material makes sure the outside elements will not get in your boots
– Polyurethane coated for long lasting durability
Vinqliq Durable Waterproof Breathable Hiking Gaiters
The Vinqliq Durable Waterproof Breathable Hiking Gaiters are brought to you by the company Vinqliq. Like many of Vinqliq’s products, these gaiters will not disappoint. Not only are these gaiters great for hiking, they are also designed for snow and are useful when preparing for a ski trip. These lightweight and durable gaiters go for the price of 30 US dollars. These gaiters have been ranked a 5 out of 5 stars by consumers.
– The instep strap on these gaiters is urethane coated and able to resist temperatures as low as -40 degrees
– Adjustable DURAFLEX buckle at the top of the gaiters for a better fit
– Velcro zipper located in the front along with a metal lace hook for the boots
– Lightweight and warm
– Protects against ticks
Qshare Leg Gaiters for Boots
The Qshare Leg Gaiters are a product brought to you by the company Qshare. These gaiters are designed to strap onto your boots for those long hikes or snowy ski adventures/mountain climbs. Both waterproof and breathable, these gaiters are great for protecting your legs and boots from any debris or snow that may fall inside on your hike/ski. These gaiters normally go for around 20-25 US dollars. They are also one of the highest rated gaiters out on the market.
– Extra layers for protection, you can even wear these while riding a motorcycle for extra safety
– Tear resistant material and three layers of polyurethane coated water resistant material
– Lightweight and easy to store in backpack
– Velcro front with loop hooks on the bottom to insure they will not slide off so easily
– Unisex for men and women
Joy Walker Waterproof Snow Leg Gaiters
The Joy Walker Waterproof Snow Leg Gaiters are brought to you by the company Joy Walker. These leg gaiters are low in price but are decent gaiters to have for the cheap price of just 10-15 US dollars.
– Designed specifically for those ski trips and hiking in the snow
– Durable with material made to keep your legs warm
– Lightweight and easy to pack up
– Coated with waterproof material