Every year winter rolls around and there are always the same discussions at this time. What are the right pair of winter hiking boots out there? To answer that question, you have to know what you are going to be doing and where you’ll be headed.
There are winter hiking boots that are made for doing overnight trips, hikes above the tree line and hikes below the tree line. Those are a couple things to consider as well as determining if you’ll be standing around, hiking on steep terrain, and what conditions you’ll be facing when you are hiking. You must also consider how you handle the weather. Do you get really hot or really cold? There are also specific boots for women and men and in this post, we are going to focus on women’s winter hiking boots.
We know the search can be difficult an in light of that, we created this list of some of the best women’s winter hiking boots for the year. These are some of the highest rated and most well-reviewed winter hiking boots for women. We hope this list can ease the stress of shopping because you can’t go wrong with any of these boots. Enjoy this list and happy hiking!
- 1. Columbia Women’s Newton Ridge Plus Hiking Boot
- 2. KEEN Women’s Revel III Cold Weather Hiking Boot
- 3. Kodiak Women’s Surrey II Hiking Boot
- 4. Merrell Women’s Snowbound Mid Waterproof Winter Boot
- 5. Vasque Women’s Snowblime Winter Hiking Boot
Columbia Women’s Newton Ridge Plus Hiking Boot
The Columbia Women’s Newton Ridge Plus Hiking Boot comes in five different options in terms of the looks of these boots. The waterproof build of these boots are perfect to fend off streams, showers and that early morning dew that you are bound to face. These boots offer ventilation through the breathable mesh and the Omni-Grip tread makes sure that you can face the rugged landscape that you might come across with confidence. These boots are lightweight and durable which makes them perfect for hiking. In all, you can’t go wrong with these boots and they hold up against all kinds of climates, weather and water.
– Nylon, rubber and leather
– Shaft is around 5.25 inches from arch
– Full grain leather, waterproof hiking boot with Omni-Shield protection from stains and water
– Clamshell and triangular D-ring lacing
– Omni-Grip lugged outsole
– Midsole has Techlite Cushioning
– Rugged and lightweight for any adventure you might find yourself in
KEEN Women’s Revel III Cold Weather Hiking Boot
The KEEN Women’s Revel III Cold Weather Hiking Boot is a great boot for winter and is ranked very high for the year. This boot is built with nubuck leather. This boot is great for those really cold winter days because it offers warmth, comfort and snugness with the Keen Warm Trapolator insultation that is offered with additional bamboo charcoal material. You will also get protection from the cold and wetness with the waterproof material built into the wonderful winter hiking boots. Get three different layers of warmth in the midsole as well as a lightweight boot that will have you feeling like you’re not wearing anything on your feet.
– Comes in two colors
– Rubber sole
– Shaft measures around 5 inches from arch
– Boot features hiking laces with diamond-quilted collar and speed hook eyelets
– KEEN dry breathable waterproof membrane
Kodiak Women’s Surrey II Hiking Boot
The Kodiak Women’s Surrey II Hiking Boot is another functional hiking boot that looks great and protects your feet from the elements. Kodiak has been around since 1910 which should tell you something about the boots that they make. The Surrey II is made to be able to wear out on your long hikes, but to also wear while you’re walking down the city streets. It’s got a rubber sole that is slip-resistant and a removeable leather memory foam insole that gives you options for your comfort level. These boots are insulated and waterproof with sealed seams and a waterproof membrane that will keep your feet dry.
– Made for long hikes and casual wear
– Boots have a slip resistant rubber sole
– Leather memory foam insole is removable
– Insulated for warmth
– Waterproof boots with sealed seams and a waterproof membrane
– Classic accents with wooden heel and leather welt
– Comes with two sets of laces
Merrell Women’s Snowbound Mid Waterproof Winter Boot
The Merrell Women’s Snowbound Mid Waterproof Winter Boot is a great looking women’s winter hiking boot that is built to last but to also look great for those nights on the town. This all around snow boot shakes off cold weather with ease. The comfortable insulated upper liner with quick drying fleece adds quality to this lightweight and flexible hiking boot. Merrill is known for making quality outdoor gear and the Snowbound Mid Waterproof Winter Boot is no exception. When all is said and done, these boots offer traction, comfort and warmth for any outdoor adventure that you might find yourself in.
– Made of 100% leather and fabric
– Rubber sole for traction
– Shaft is around 6 inches from the arch
– Boot heel is around 1.5 inches
– Waterproof insulation
– Lace up vamp and pull on loop at the shaft
– 8 inches of shaft height from the base of the heel
Vasque Women’s Snowblime Winter Hiking Boot
The Vasque Women’s Snowblime Winter Hiking Boot are highly rated winter hiking boot for women and they are so well liked for a lot of reasons. The Snowblime makes enjoying the winter months a little bit easier with UltraDry waterproof features and 200g 3M Thinsulate insulation technology. Your feet will stay warm when mother nature decides to make it really cold outside. It’s got CuShin technology that relieves some of the pressure that many people feel form the top of the boot tongue. To sum this boot up for you, it is lightweight, waterproof, warm and comfortable. What else could you ask for out of a winter hiking boot.
– Made of 100% leather
– Has a rubber sole
– Shaft measure around 5.5 inches from the arch
– Heel measures around 1.75 inches from the arch
– The UltraDry features from Vasque gives you total comfort and warmth on those cold days