Last Updated on February 23, 2024
If you plan on going camping, you will want to find the very best backpacking tent that you can afford. What’s great is that a lot of companies make these types of tents these days, but that also means you have a bit more work to do to find the perfect one for your needs. On this page we will go over what you should look for in your next backpacking tent and then we’ll share a list of some of the highest-rated tents on the market today.
Tents are made for different capacities, so the easiest way to narrow down the list right away is to look only at tents that are made for the number of people you plan on going backpacking with. After that you will want to look at the fabric used in the tents as well as any other unique features that they have.
There are a lot of backpacking tents to choose from these days, which is a good thing, but it also means that finding the perfect one for your needs can be tough. Instead of taking hours to look through all of those options, we recommend taking a look at the list below. Each of these backpacking tents has been given very high marks by backpackers just like you so you can be sure that they are dependable products.
- 1. Kelty Salida Camping and Backpacking Tent
- 2. Paria Outdoor Products Bryce Ultralight Tent
- 3. Marmot Crane Creek Backpacking and Camping Tent
- 4. Featherstone Outdoor UL Granite Backpacking
- 5. Hyke & Byke Yosemite 1 and 2 Person Backpacking Tents
Kelty Salida Camping and Backpacking Tent
This roomy backpacking tent from Kelty makes you want to go out into the wilderness as often as you can because you know you can depend on it to keep you warm and to protect you from the elements. There are versions of this tent for one, two, or three people, and each one is very high quality. It provides you with plenty of ventilation, it has a thick floor to keep you dry, and it can be used in three different seasons. Plus, it is extremely simple to set up no matter where you want to park it.
– Made of a high quality 68D polyester material
– 40D no-see-um mesh gives the tent great ventilation
– 3 season design
– Very easy to set up, even if you’re a beginner
– Roll top cube carry bag included
– Available as a 1, 2, or 3 person tent
Paria Outdoor Products Bryce Ultralight Tent and Footprint
There is a lot to like about this backpacking tent from Paria Outdoor Products. It is extremely lightweight at just over three pounds, making it easy to set up and store away when you’re hiking. Every single part of this tent, including the polyester frame and the poles, is made of top quality materials, so you don’t have to worry about it ever breaking down on you. If you are looking to buy a premium tent that you know will last you many years with no issues, you will definitely want to look into getting this backpacking tent.
– Highly durable polyester material used
– One of the lightest tents around at just 3 pounds, seven ounces
– 5,000 millimeter silicon waterproofing
– 2-way inner and outer zippers for easy entry and exit
– Very simple to set up
– Available as a 1, or 2 person tent
– Limited lifetime warranty included
Marmot Crane Creek Backpacking and Camping Tent
What makes this backpacking tent from Marmot stand out from the crowd is the fact that it is about as waterproof as a tent can get. This is because the polyester itself is very high quality and every single seam is taped to ensure that it never leaks. It is also one of the roomiest two person tents on the market with 32 square feet of space inside. It’s also less than five pounds, so you will have no problem at all carrying it, setting it up, and taking it down.
– Tent made of high quality polyester material
– Very roomy inside
– Overhead storage space
– Seam-taped weatherproof rain fly zipper
– Durable 7000 series aluminum poles
– D-shaped doors for easy entry
– Available as a 2 or 3 person tent
Featherstone Outdoor UL Granite Backpacking
This two person backpacking tent from Featherstone is one of the top multi-season tents that you can get as it was designed to keep you warm in the colder months and cool in the warmer seasons. It is a single-pole design, meaning that backpackers of all experience levels can get it set up and taken down in mere minutes without any struggle. It is large and roomy when it is set up, but it also easily packs up into your backpack when you are out on the trails. It is lower priced than most of the other tents on this list, but don’t think that means it isn’t made of high quality materials because it absolutely is. It’s just a bonus that you don’t have to spend a lot of money to own it.
– Tear-resistant polyester fabric used
– Very breathable, giving you plenty of fresh air
– Seam taped for extra waterproofing
– Single pole design makes it easy for anyone to set up
– Elevated bottom protects you from wet grounds
– Limited lifetime manufacturing warranty included
Hyke & Byke Yosemite 1 and 2 Person Backpacking Tents with Footprint
This dome-style backpacking tent is made by one of the most respected companies in adventuring gear, Hyke & Byke. They believe in this tent so much that they slapped a full lifetime guarantee on it, so you can be pretty confident that it will do the job for you. It has no-see-um mesh walls for excellent ventilation and each seam is taped to ensure no water touches you while you’re inside. As an added bonus, the tent easily packs down into the included carrying sack.
– Made with a unique non-stretch polyester fabric
– Waterproof from roof to floor
– No-see-um mesh walls
– High quality aluminum alloy stakes
– Available in 6 different colors
– Lifetime warranty included