It’s always a great time to get out on the road and ride your bike for miles upon miles, unless you have a family. It’s not as easy to get out there when you’ve got a couple kids at home running wild. We understand this and that is why the cycle trainer is a great tool for the person that want to get a quick ride in but can’t leave the house.
The cycle trainer is as efficient as they come and it gives you the time you need with your family so you don’t need to go to the gym or get out on the road every day. These cycle trainers are adjustable as well so if your kids like to ride and maybe its raining out, the cycle trainer is a perfect option, but I digress. You are here to see some of the best cycle trainers of 2018 and we are going to list some of them for you.
Check out our list of some of the top cycle trainers of 2018!
Gavin Indoor Bike Trainer Exercise Stand
The Gavin Indoor Bike Trainer Exercise Stand is an affordable option for the novice biker that wants to get in a great workout when they can’t get outside and ride. If you are looking for a great way to stay in shape during the winter months, the Gavin Indoor Bike Trainer is a great option for you. This trainer is easy to put together and folds up nicely for storage. It worlds with 700c bicycles as well as 26” or 27” bikes. You will need to have a bike with a rear quick release wheel but the skewer in included to fit the trainer.
– Sturdy mounting cups for slip reduction
– Single adjustment, progressive magnetic resistance
– Heavy duty construction with very wide frames for durability and stability
– Easy folding and storage
– Riser block for front wheel included
Conquer Indoor Bike Trainer Portable Exercise Bicycle Magnetic Stand
This is another affordable cycle trainer that you can use at your convenience. Highly rated and affordable, the Conquer Indoor Bike Trainer is a great option for those that don’t want to break the bank. What makes this cycle trainer great is that it uses contrasting magnets to create the resistance you need to make an effectual and smooth pedal stroke.
– No tools needed for assembly
– Created from durable hi-ten steel
– Easy storage and portable
– Wide frames provide max stability
– Is compatible with 26”, 27” and 700c bikes that already have a quick release rear wheel
– 7.5” skewer
– Front wheel riser block which
Sportneer Steel Bicycle Exercise Magnetic Stand with Noise Reduction Wheel
A bit of a step up in the cycle trainer department, the Sportneer Steel Bicycle Exercise Magnetic Stand with Noise Reduction Wheel is a great trainer for the price. No more excuses on those rainy days with Sportneer’s cycle trainer. It’s got five adjustable rubber feet, a wide base for stability and a very low stance for even more stability.
In addition to what we’ve already listed, this bike stand has a noise reduction wheel for resistance to lower the humming sound that most spinning wheels generate while in a cycle trainer. So, if you are into getting a quality and quiet workout in while the kids are sleeping, check out this cycle training.
– Wide base and low stance for stability on any surface.
– Five adjustable rubber feet that are antislip
– Seamless and smooth design with noise reduction. There is no need to turn up the volume on your radio to cover the sound of the humming wheel.
– Six different resistance settings. With a bar mounted remote and wide range resistance curve to simulate all the different conditions you might run into.
– Compatible with many bikes including 26” to 28” or 700c wheels
Travel Trac Comp Fluid Bicycle Trainer
We are going to keep stepping it up in the cycle training department and talk about the Travel Trac Comp Fluid Bicycle Trainer. This cycle trainer is fluid resistance. The progressive resistance that this trainer offers increases as you increase your speed which simulates a true ride on the road. The internal disc spins in the fluid that gives you quiet and smooth performance. Its got a compact design that can be folded up to be only 5.5” wide which makes it great for transporting and storage.
There is no assembly required for this unit. The Trac Comp Flued Bicycle trainer adapts to most mountain bikes and road bikes and includes a rear quick release skewer to make sure the bike fits appropriately. The design is also very wide for an extremely stable base for those tough workouts indoors.
– Fluid resistance makes for progressive resistance for a quiet, smooth and road like feel
– The external flywheel offers efficient and smooth pedaling
– The stable and wide base offers great performance during those tough workouts
– No assembly required which makes for easy setup
– Folds up small for easy transportation and storage
CycleOps Fluid2 Indoor Trainer
For the top dog on our list comes the CycleOps Fluid2 Indoor Trainer. This trainer is around $300 but worth every penny for the serious biker that wants to get a great workout in during those bad weather months or when they can’t leave. This big, precision balanced flywheel allows you to customize every ride easily and ride simply by shifting your gears just like you would if you were on the road. The design of this trainer also helps keep the Fluid² working even longer and better. You can crush one goal after another with the Fluid² and the quality manufacturing process.
– Best selling trainer on the market for 2018
– Fluid resistance for a consistent and quiet ride
– Constructed with non-rusting and recyclable materials
– Made in the United States
– At 20 MPH, noise level sits at 64 to 68 decibels
– Compatible with many training apps like Zwift
– Constructed with 2” round 16 gauge steel