- 1. Takara Nobu Fat Bike
- 2. Mongoose Juneau 26″ Fat Tire Bicycle
- 3. Diamondback El Oso Nino Fat Bike
- 4. Gravity Monster Men’s Fat Tire Bicycle
- 5. Framed Minnesota 2.0 Fat Bike
Fat biking is fun and challenging. You’ve probably seen them on the bike paths and trails with their big 4 to 5 inch tires. They are very noticeable and you are probably wondering what the deal is. Well, most people that ride fat bikes do it in the sand or in snowy conditions. They run at a lower tire pressure than most bikes and they can almost float on certain surfaces where a normal mountain bike would sink. It is a great way to get your rides in during the winter and to stay in shape while doing it.
This is no flash in the pan and fat bikes are making a strong push into everyone’s lives. They make quick work of your fitness goals, and you’ll feel like you’re riding on a mix between a bike and a horse because of the Q factor. You’ll never deal with low tire pressure issues and you will be toying with some of the lowest tire pressure that you’ve ever dealt with. There are a lot of fun things you can do with fat bikes and many things you’ve never experienced on a bike.
Your interest in fat bikes has brought you hear so we want to try and help you in your search. This is why we’ve created this list of some of the best fat bikes of 2019. With a description of the product and a list of features, we think you’ll feel much more comfortable searching for a fat bike after reading this. Enjoy!
Takara Nobu Fat Bike
The Takara Nobu Fat Bike with 26 inch tires is a fantastic way to start your fat bike journey. This bike was designed around a lightweight and hand crafted frame that was built to take on any adventure or excursion you are thinking about. The 26” x 4” tires sit on 4” rims. This bike will feel like you’re gliding no matter if you’re on dirt or you’re riding through snowy conditions. It has a Shimano 7 speed shifter, a rear derailleur and a Shimano cassette that gives you many options in terms of gears. This bike is made for riders between 5’6” and 6’ tall. We can’t wait for you to try this fun and durable fat bike.
– Sturdy and durable frame will hold up through your adventures
– 26” x 4” fat tires
– Shimano 7 speed shifter
– Shimano derailleurs
– Front and rear hand brakes for ultimate stopping power
Mongoose Juneau 26″ Fat Tire Bicycle
The Mongoose Juneau 26″ Fat Tire Bicycle is ready for you to take it on the trail and shred. These giant, knobby tires are built to give you solid traction for your all-terrain riding. The increased traction offers the rider more control through tricky sections of the trail and tight turns. There isn’t much you can’t do on a Mongoose and we know when you pick this up you will agree with us.
This bike comes stock with a 21 speed trigger shifter with Shimano rear derailleur, low rise handlebars for stability and comfort and three piece cranks. All in all, this is a solid and affordable fat bike that you can use straight out of the box or upgrade it a little to make it a really great fat bike.
– Supersized 26” knobby tires on an aluminum bike frame
– 21 speed Shimano trigger shifter that comes with a Shimano rear derailleur
– 26” alloy rims that are super wide with rear and front disc brakes
– Get plenty of gears with the alloy triple crank
Diamondback El Oso Nino Fat Bike
The Diamondback El Oso Nino Fat Bike was created in 2017 but is still one of the best coming into 2019. It is the smallest of the fat bikes that Diamondback makes and made for you kids. This bike is made for the kid that wants to conquer anything in their path. The frame and fork are built with high tensile steel and made durable enough to handle the woods or the neighborhood. The 20” wheels are combined with 4” wide tires that allow for a unique style of riding and low tire pressure. It’s got a Shimano 7 speed grip shifter and disk brakes that offer superior control. If you are looking for a fat bike for your child, look no further.
– Durability from the high tensile steel frame and fork
– Fat 20” wheels with tires that are 4” wide
– Shimano 7-speed drivetrain with grip shifter
– 160mm rotors with disc brakes
Gravity Monster Men’s Fat Tire Bicycle
The Gravity Monster Men’s Fat Tire Bicycle is heavy on value and easy on the scale and wallet. IF you are looking for a fat bike with an aluminum frame and a minimum of 4130 Chromoly steel forks, this is a great option. The quality of the components on this bike are top notch and even more so than some of the more expensive models. Overall, you are getting a solid, lightweight aluminum bike frame that would normally sell for a lot more. It’s well made and worth the money.
– Quality lightweight aluminum frame for durability
– Powerful front and rear Tektro disc brakes
– 16-speed Sram drivetrain components
– 26” x 4” super wide tires
– One of the best reviewed bikes under $600
Framed Minnesota 2.0 Fat Bike
The Framed Minnesota 2.0 Fat Bike is a fat bike that is going to hold up to the elements and the tough trails that you’ll be floating on. This might be one of the most comfortable fat bikes that you will ever ride and if you look through all the reviews, you will see that most people agree. It is also very responsive, lightweight and provides easy shifting.
– TIG welded 6061 frame
– Replaceable derailleur hanger
– Shifters are Sram x 5 – 2 speed front and 9 speed rear with trigger shifters
– Pedals are Wellgo B223BN Dense composite plastic trail pedals
– Overall a fantastic fat bike for you and your family