When shopping for a fastpitch softball bat, there are some factors you must consider tub the two most important factors are the weight and length. There are multiple variables that need to be taken into consideration to determine the right length and weight. Personal preference of play, hitting mechanics and strength are all major factors.
Once you have figured out the right length and weight for your bat, then you can get into what the bats are made of and their characteristics. Aluminum and composite materials are going to be the two of the most popular options out there. When you talk about what material is the most popular in fastpitch softball, composite easily takes that title. Composite bats generally offer more performance, durability and pop when compared to aluminum bats. However, that isn’t always the case. In most cases, the choice of material is going to come down to what you prefer. You should also reach out to your league official or league to find out what restrictions, if any, there are on fastpitch softball bats.
That said, there are a lot of options out there. This is why we’ve compiled this list of some of the best fastpitch softball bats on the market for 2019. With a description of the bat along with a list of features, we hope this list will give you what you need to make an informed decision. Enjoy
Louisville Slugger 2018 Proven -13 Fast Pitch Bat
The Louisville Slugger 2018 Proven -13 Fast Pitch Bat is a solid and affordable fastpitch softball bat that will have you cranking extra base hits in no time. This is a great choice for younger athletes that need to increase their bat speed while keeping great control. This bat was made with a one piece build for a more solid feeling when you make contact and the completely composite design offers superb value for younger fastpitch softball players. This is one way to take your game up a notch. This proven bat is going to be the last one you need for a while.
– Great value for a 100% composite designed bat
– More solid feel with one piece construction
– Increase bat speed and maximize control for younger players
– 7/8” standard fastpitch handle diameter with synthetic comfort grip
– Great bat for younger hitters
Rawlings Quatro Composite High School/Collegiate Fast Pitch Softball Bat
The Rawlings Quatro Composite Fast Pitch Softball Bat is the product of hours of drawing, prototypes and testing. By deflecting and absorbing any sting that you might feel when you make contact, the Quatro Collar offers one of the smoothest swings out there. The high performance composite barrel is high quality and the handle to barrel connection was made to accelerate in speed through the contact Vibration Dampening Technology. You’ll also get a smooth feel at impact via the silicone infused collar at the handle. This is a great -10 fastpitch bat and it is approved by most associations that you’ll play in.
– Secure a smooth feeling through the Quatro Collar by deflecting and absorbing the sting
– Composite barrel that is really high performing
– Ultimate flex with barrel to handle connection meant to accelerate speed through contact
– VDT or Vibration Dampening Technology with silicone infused collar at the handle
– Made in the United States
Louisville Slugger 2018 LXT -10 Fast Pitch Bat
The Louisville Slugger 2018 LXT -10 Fast Pitch Bat is another one of the more popular bats of the year and it still going strong in 2019. This is no surprise as Louisville Slugger has been making great gloves, bats and gear for almost 130 years. Everything they do is with the player in mind and you are going to be getting a great product.
This line of bats features the patented PBF Barrel Technology that offers one of the biggest sweet spots in the LS fastpitch line. It also offers TRU3 Technology which provides unmatched feel on contact and reduces vibration. Finally, the X-Cap improves durability and increases swing speed.
– 100% composite bat
– One of the biggest sweet spots in the LS fastpitch line with PBF Barrel Technology
– Really balanced swing weight
– Super lightweight X-Cap for durability and improved swing speed
– TRU3 patented construction to help reduce vibration and provide better feel
DeMarini CF9 Slapper (-10) Fast Pitch Bat
The DeMarini CF9 Slapper (-10) Fast Pitch Bat is the perfect bat for the left handed slappers that can get down the line. It’s got a 14” barrel that offers the player max plate coverage and is weighted closer to the hands to allow for a better bat manipulation and better control. However, for slapping the ball, this bat is perfect and it swings lightly. It’s light enough to move and has enough mass to add a little pop. It’s also got a massive sweet spot that will allow for great contact even if it isn’t a perfect swing. The D-Fusion 2.0 handle is optimized to redirect the energy back into the barrel when contact is made for great power.
– 22% stronger carbon fibers that the DeMarini Paradox composite bat
– Giant sweet spot
– One of the lightest swinging bats to allow slappers to get the bat over the plate fast
– Weight is distributed closer to the handle for slappers
EASTON Ghost -10 USSSA Fastpitch Softball Bat
The Easton Ghost Women’s Fastpitch Softball Bat is a drop -10 bat that offers some great features to help you with your batting game. It features a double barrel design that was made to give great pop, sound and feel to the players using it. Hitters of all skill levels will feel the power and control of the Ghost because of its low compression of the outer barrel and the double barrel construction. You can feel the performance when you pick this bat up and Easton even offers a one year manufacturer’s warranty.
– -10 drop with a 2.25” barrel and a 12/32 handle
– 1.2 mm Hyperskin grip
– Patent pending, proprietary double barrel construction
– Two piece ConneXion+ technology that features NitroFoam for a better feeling and lighter connection between barrel and handle