- 1. Mirror lens Round Glasses Cyber Goggles Steampunk UV400 Sunglasses
- 2. Rothco Tactical Sunglasses With Wind Guard
- 3. AIRBLASTER Polarized Glacier Glasses
- 4. Ossat Polarized Sports Sunglasses
- 5. Julbo Vermont Classic Glacier Sunglasses
Mountains offer many risks to those that wish to challenge nature. While many of those issues might be obvious, sun exposure at high altitudes can be a real problem and more difficult to grasp.
When you are on the mountain, exposure to solar radiation can increase by an average of 10% with every 1,000m of altitude in addition to the dangerous UVB light that is in that exposure. In addition to this exposure, unlike non snowy ground which only reflects about 20% of solar radiation, snow reflects between 80 and 90%. This means that the solar radiation intensity is around 1.5 times more at 2,000 meters and at 4,000 meters it is 2.5 times stronger than it is at sea level. Depending on the thickness of the ozone layer in that part of the world, the sun damage can get very severe.
The UV light isn’t stopped by the clouds either and you can still be damaged while you’re in the mountains. While some of the exposure can be halted by the clouds, much of the cloud cover offers no filtration at all and fog lets through about 50% of sunlight.
All that being said, protect your body and maybe more importantly, your eyes, could be the best thing you could do. Glacier glasses are a great way to stop the exposure to your eyes. If you don’t know much about them, we’ve created a list of some of the best glacier glasses out there right now. We hope this list makes your shopping experience more bearable.
Mirror lens Round Glasses Cyber Goggles Steampunk UV400 Sunglasses
For around $12, you can get your hands on the Mirror lens Round Glasses Cyber Goggles Steampunk UV400 Sunglasses. When it comes to protecting your eyes at a budget price, these glasses have it. Wearing these glacier glasses can filter and eliminate the scattered light beams that might end up otherwise injuring your eyes over time. This friendly design makes wearing these glasses for long periods of time much easier and it even has a great look with an aluminum frame. There may be better glacier glasses out there but they are much more expensive. These can be used for outdoor protection or even if you want to add a little style to your life.
– 100% UV400 protection with these mirrored lens round goggle glasses
– Very durable and practical with an aluminum style frame
– Light silver mirror lens
– Frame width is 5 ¾” and lens diameter is around 2”
Rothco Tactical Sunglass With Wind Guard
The Rothco Tactical Sunglass W/Wind Guard/’Ce’ is another affordable pair of glacier glasses that will help you to navigate the mountain without experience sun damage. Rothco is well known for making quality sports and outdoor gear for every situation you might encounter. They didn’t miss the boat with these glacier glasses either. No matter if you are a recreational user or in a combat intensive environment, Rothco has something for everyone. Users have said that these are high quality sunglasses at a very reasonable price. Many people use these sunglasses for the mountain as well as fishing, driving and other outdoor activities. Overall, these are great glasses for the price.
– Quality ensured and tested to be strong and last you for a long time
– These glasses were designed with only the roughest and toughest users in mind
– Performance and comfort all wrapped up into one great package
AIRBLASTER Polarized Glacier Glasses
The AIRBLASTER Polarized Glacier Glasses are some of our favorite glacier glasses of the season and that is because of the combination of quality and affordability you are getting when you purchase these glasses. These glasses wrap around your face to help protect from peripheral soar infiltration and they also offer protection against UVB and UVA radiation. These are polarized sunglasses that are meant to keep out the radiation and we think they look good as well. Many users love the way these glasses feel and say fit and look as good as many of the higher priced glacier glasses. These aren’t category 3 or 4 so they aren’t going to block everything out, but they will suffice if you’re not a serious mountaineer.
– Great looking glasses that area comfortable and durable
– Polarized sunglasses
– Side guards to protect from UV rays infiltrating
Ossat Polarized Sports Sunglasses
The Ossat Polarized Sports Sunglasses feature a great look with flattering lines. First of all, these are polarized lenses that will keep the UV rays out. These glasses have peripheral blockers to stop the infiltration of UV rays and the lenses block 100% of the UV400 rays. One of the other cool features of these lenses is that they are 7 layers. The first layer is the polarized layer while the 2nd and 3rd are bonding layers to ensure durability. The next two layers are to absorb UV light and offer UV protection while the last two are shatterproof. This equals a great looking pair of sunglasses with extremely durable lenses that will protect from the sun and wind.
– Polarized sunglasses
– Comfortable and stylish sunglasses that are perfect for outdoor activities
– These lenses have 7 layers that include polarizing layers, bonding layers, UV protection and durability through shatterproof layers
– Frame has a lifetime breakage warranty
– 30 day money back guarantee
Julbo Vermont Classic Glacier Sunglasses
The Julbo Vermont Classic Glacier Sunglasses are top of the line glacier sunglasses. You’ll pay a hefty price but you are getting some of the best out there. The Vermont Glacier Glasses by Julbo have a timeless look that people from rock stars to mountaineers have worn over the last 125 years. These glasses offer total coverage with leather side shields that are detachable to block glare, wind, debris and sun. the Spectron 3CF lens provides 100% protection against UV A, B and C rays. These polycarbonate lenses offer incredible shock resistance and they are lightweight at the same time.
– These glacier glasses have a classic design that has been a part of history
– Total coverage with a leather nose piece and leather side shields
– Spectron 3CF Lens protects against all UV rays are made of polycarbonate to offer shock resistance and to be lightweight