Last Updated on May 11, 2023
In a perfect world, a hybrid bike would just be another bike. However, with all the specialty bikes that have come out over the years and the popularity of mountain bikes, 10 speeds and touring bikes, people see anything in between as being a mix or hybrid of the other popular styles of bikes.
A hybrid bike can be described in a lot of different ways. On one side of the scale you’ve got road bikes with flat boards. They are lightweight, skinny tires and a close-coupled frame for cruising. A hybrid is going to have tires that are a little fatter with more grip and tread to allow you to take it places you would never be able to ride your road bike.
The versatility of a hybrid bike is reflected in the features you’ll see on many. Hybrids almost always have mounts on the frame for a rack to carry pannier bags, mounts on the fork and frame for mudguards, and frame mounts for water bottles. You might also see frame mounts for a lock by the rear wheel and mounts on the fork for a rack on the front.
That being said, there are plenty of options out there in terms of hybrid bikes and you need to know what you like and what features you’d like if you are going to buy one. This is why we wanted to share some of our favorite hybrid bikes of the year. These are some of the best and highest rated hybrid bikes out there right now. We hope this helps with your hybrid bike search.
- 1. Vilano Men’s Hybrid Bike 700c Retro City Commuter
- 2. sixthreezero Body Ease Men’s 21-Speed Comfort Road Bicycle
- 3. Schwinn Men’s Network 3.0 700C Wheel Men’s Hybrid Bicycle
- 4. Diamondback Bicycles Trace St Dual Sport Bike
- 5. Royce Union 700c RMY Men’s 21-Speed Hybrid Comfort Bike
Vilano Men’s Hybrid Bike 700c Retro City Commuter
The Vilano Men’s Hybrid Bike 700c Retro City Commuter is a great option for someone on a budget looking for a hybrid bike that will last. This bike is great for city and country riding for your daily commute. The classic look hybrid with an upright ride and cruiser handlebars will give a comfortable ride while getting where you need to go in good timing. This bike features a stylish and matching suspension saddle and comfortable grips. It’s got a spring loaded rear rack that will hold whatever you need to transport and the rear and front fenders have splash guards to keep you dry.
– 53cm urban retro steel frame
– Twist grip shifters with 7 speeds
– 700c wheels and great stopping power with linear pull brakes
– Rear spring loaded rack and chrome fender
– Locking kickstand and free pedals
sixthreezero Body Ease Men’s 21-Speed Comfort Road Bicycle
The sixthreezero Body Ease Men’s 21-Speed Comfort Road Bicycle is a great looking matte black bike with an 18” frame and 26” wheels. This bike works like it says and makes your ride an easy one.
The Body Easy Geometry design is trademarked and is made to absorb anything you might run into without impacting your body. In addition, your joints, knees, shoulders and back will get a break with sixthreezero’s ergonomic tension free upright riding position.
This bike also offers the rider a Cloud Soft suspension seat post and a Vibrazorb front suspension fork. Both of these features take away the shock and vibration your body would normally feel.
– Comes with rear rack for the option of panniers or baskets
– Twist grip shifters on the handlebars allow for easy gear switching
– Rear and front handbrakes for simple stopping
– Sizes ranges from 5’2” to 5’10”
Schwinn Men’s Network 3.0 700C Wheel Men’s Hybrid Bicycle White
The Schwinn Network 3.0 is a fantastic hybrid bike to get if you are on the fence about what you want. Schwinn has been building quality bikes for many years now and this hybrid is made for everyday riding that won’t leave you sore and hurting when you get done. Mountain bikes are great for a weekend on the trail but they’re slow and road bikes are fast but your body will take the impact. This hybrid will give you the best of both worlds in a durable bike with an upright seating position that will move much faster than your average mountain bike.
– Schwinn Hybrid aluminum frame with suspension fork
– Shimano EZ fire shifter and 21 speed rear derailleur
– Quick release alloy rims that are strong and lightweight
– Suspension seat post under a padded comfort style seat
– Handlebar is swept back for a great upright position for riding
Diamondback Bicycles Trace St Dual Sport Bike
The Diamondback Bicycles Trace St Dual Sport Bike is another great hybrid bikes that is loved by those that have purchased this bike. The Trace ST is a hybrid, dual sport bike that is a great commuter bike and will take you anywhere you need to go. The comfortable riding position of a mountain bike and the efficient wheels of a road bike combine to create the Trace ST. It’s got alloy linear pull breaks that give plenty of stopping power and dual sport tires that give you the traction you need while you’re on the streets or gravel paths. This commuter bike will give you the confidence needed to have a worry free, easy ride to your destination.
– Drivetrain is a Shimano 3.7 speed with Revo grip shift
– Pull brakes are alloy linear to offer fast and efficient stopping
– DB SL 7 wheelset
Royce Union 700c RMY Men’s 21-Speed Hybrid Comfort Bike
The Royce Union 700c RMY Men’s 21-Speed Hybrid Comfort Bike has a sharp design and was built for performance. The easy assembly and comfortable ride has this one of best hybrid bikes of 2019. It is well-reviewed for a reason and this lightweight, durable bike is one that you can’t deny in terms of quality. You can get frames that measure 17, 19 and 21 inches to make sure there is a perfect fit for all and the richly, premium saddle is made for superior comfort. You will get great performance from the ZOOM suspension fork and a comfortable ride with the slight-rise handlebars.
– Sharp performance and design
– Frame comes in 17, 19, and 21 inch options
– Soft padded seat
– Front ZOOM suspension fork
– Shimano drivetrain
– Lightweight alloy linear pull brakes