Last Updated on February 23, 2024
Just like you, your child needs to have a solid hiking boot to be safe while on the trail. You would protect your body with these sturdy and durable boots; why wouldn’t you do the same for your child? Since you are on this page, we assume you already know that so now it is time to talk about what makes a great hiking boot for a child.
Forget about the looks because finding a shoe that offers stability, warmth, weight, water resistance, durability and comfort are the most important factors. Have a good fit is the most important thing to consider of all those because you don’t want to have to worry about your child’s feet hurting because their hiking boots don’t fit right.
There are many kinds of hiking boots consider including trail, off trail, rough trail, technical and mountaineering. However, your child most likely won’t need anything so specific and this is why we’ve created this list of some of the best kids’ hiking boots of the season. Every pair of hiking boots you see on this list are highly rated and well-reviewed so you can count on them being a quality pair of boots. With a description of the boot and a list of features, you should feel much more comfortable in identifying what you want for your child. Enjoy!
- 1. Caitin Kids Hiking Boots
- 2. Northside Caldera Junior Hiking Boot
- 3. Littleplum Kids Hiking Boots
- 4. Deer Stags Drew Hiker Boot
- 5. Merrell Capra Mid Waterproof Hiking Boot
Caitin Kids Hiking Boots
The Caitin Kids Hiking Boots is a great option for any child. There are colors that will work for both boys and girls. These are also a great option for parents on a budget because you are getting all of the quality at a fraction of the price. Some of the features of these hiking boots include a deodorizing mesh inner and synthetic upper to let your kid’s feet breath without getting smelly. The soles of these boots are non-slip while being lightweight, comfortable, soft and will absorb shock. In summary, these hiking boots for kids are durable and reliable so you can count on your child staying safe in them.
– Strap with hook and loop closure system for stability as well as easy on and off
– Soles are non-slip, lightweight and absorb shock
– Deodorizing synthetic upper and mesh inner for breathability
– These provide great grip and support for safety
Northside Caldera Junior Hiking Boot
The Northside Caldera Junior Hiking Boot is an option for kids from ages 4 – 8. These boots are stable and have a breathable upper that makes them great for summer and fall hikes. These are sturdy but also an everyday hiking boot that are great for any kid that likes to explore and find new adventures. The Caldera Juniors offer a sturdy suede ankle high upper, abrasion resistant toe guard, breathable mesh inserts and a waterproof build that will protect your child’s feet in many situations. The multi-directional outsole offers fantastic abrasion resistance, shock absorption and traction for all conditions.
– 100% textile and suede
– Has a synthetic sole
– 3.5” from shaft to arch
– Great for summer hikes with breathable upper and great ankle support
– Protective toe cap and molded midsole with heel stabilizer
– Easy on and off with heel loop
– Comfortable and durable which is what you want in a boot for your child
Littleplum Kids Hiking Boots
The Littleplum Kids Hiking Boots are great waterproof hiking and winter boots for your little boy or girl. Even though the looks shouldn’t be a big factor, Littleplum offers a nice variety of colors to choose from. They use high-quality plush to for the inner lining of these boots and they offer a high top design that offers stability and comfort for the child wearing it. These boots are built to face the elements and you can count on your child’s feet staying warm because of the waterproof features and high quality faux fur lining.
– Anti-Slip with steel buckle to keep you upright when things get a little icy
– Comfortable and warm – high quality, soft faux fur lining to keep the foot comfortable and warm
– The uppers are suede, leather and mesh and offer excellent waterproof characteristics
– Suitable for kids playing in the snow, hiking and mountaineering
Deer Stags Drew Hiker Boot (Little Kid/Big Kid)
The Deer Stags Drew Hiker Boot is another great option for any age child that needs a rugged hiking boot that is going to keep up with their energy levels. These boots are man-made and have a synthetic reinforced upper and a breathable mesh to give you child support and breathability at the same time. This boot offers a secure fit through the corded lace closure system. In addition, the padded collar and tongue add a little more stability to the boot. They also have great traction via the multi-directional lugs that have deep grooves for grip. This is great option for your child if you are looking to get something that works great and doesn’t break the bank.
– Complete simulated leather and ballistic nylon fabric
– Sole is synthetic
– 4.5” from shaft to arch
– Don’t avoid the outdoors anymore now that you have this boot
Merrell Capra Mid Waterproof Hiking Boot
Merrell has once again created a product that looks great, feels great and functions the way a kids’ hiking boot should. With their Capra Mid Waterproof Hiking Boot, Merrell keeps the quality coming. When it comes to buying kids shoes, you have to make sure they are going to hold up to the wear and tear that are sure to come and you can count on these boots to survive the storm. Speaking of storms, these boots are completely waterproof and you won’t have to worry about your socks and feet getting wet when you are wearing these. The toe guard is a great addition to this boot as we know kids can stub their toes. Overall, this is a durable and great looking hiking boot.
– Rubber sole
– Shaft is measured at around 4.5” from arch
– M-select dry bootie and waterproof build will keep you free dry
– Upper is made of suede and mesh to allow for breathability and durability
– Molded nylon arch shank
– Toe guard