[amazon bestseller=”Shelters” template=list” style=”light” items=”4″ description_items=”1″]
Having a nice shelter when you are camping might be the difference in you being soaked by the rain or not. It’s great to sleep under the stars listening to the crickets but when those clouds roll in, you are going to wish you had something to cover yourself with.
Picking the right shelter is really important for backpacking or camping. You want to make sure you have a shelter with all the features you would need. There are plenty of shelters to pick from. These include tarp styles that are very simple to screened in tarps that offer a more luxurious option for those that are camping.
The great thing about a tarp style shelter is that they fold down really small and compact. They will be lightweight and they are good in almost every situation. If you are looking for something that will stop the rain and wind from blowing in the back, you might want to look for another option.
We assume you are here today to check out some of the different shelters that are out there right now. There are a lot of choices so we wanted to share some of our favorite shelters of the year and talk about why they are so highly rated. Check it out!
Kelty Noah’s Tarp Sun Shelter
[amazon bestseller=”Kelty Noah’s Tarp Sun Shelter” template=list” style=”light” items=”1″ description_items=”1″]
First on our list is going to Kelty Noah’s Tarp Sun Shelter. This simple tarp shelter is effective and affordable. If you are looking for something that is minimalistic and great for day or overnight use, this one is for you. This tarp shelter is highly versatile and lightweight which makes it easy to bring along with you when you are camping or hiking. It is a great size tarp and if you replace the guy lines that come with it with some lighter ones, this tarp will be even better than it already is. For the price, this is a fantastic little tarp shelter.
– Protect you and the family with this minimalistic and versatile tarp
– Roll top carrying bag
– Fully seam taped construction
– Comes with storage pocket and guy lines
– Great for day and overnight
– Fits 4 to 6 people
Rain Fly Tent Tarp
[amazon bestseller=”Rain Fly Tent Tarp” template=list” style=”light” items=”1″ description_items=”1″]
The Rain Fly Tent Tarp by WildVenture is a great camping shelter for right around $40. This incredibly versatile camping shelter is waterproof and lightweight and gives you a reliable spot to get away from the weather in an instant. You get durable construction with superior materials in this product. This rain fly tent is one of the best you can get at this price and with expert stitching and construction with the durable ripstop nylon, you won’t be disappointed. The setup is really easy and is easy to bring along.
– Made of 210T ripstop nylon fabric with 2000mm PU waterproof coating
– Use as extra layer of protection for a tent or standalone shelter
– Easy setup – In case of a quick storm, this shelter pops up in no time so you don’t get caught in the conditions
– Large 9.8’ x 9.3’ with 17 fixing points
– All weather protection with superior ripstop nylon
– Extra set of stakes
KingCamp Beach Sun Shelter UPF 50+ Family Camping Tent
[amazon bestseller=”KingCamp Beach Sun Shelter” template=list” style=”light” items=”1″ description_items=”1″]
KingCamp has once again come out with a quality product and for just around $75, you can own the Beach Sun Shelter with UPF 50+. The multi-purpose shelter has a screen that can be rolled up to use on a summer night or you can drop it to protect against the weather. This shelter is big too coming in at 83 x 83 x 51 which gives you the room to fit 3 or 4 people easily and comfortably. On top of all these great features you can set this shelter up in around a minute with pop up inner poles. This is a great feature for when you are hiking or backpacking as you can get caught in inclement weather in no time. Features like the internal pocket or roof ring to hang a lantern make this a handy little shelter to have on you.
– Inner hook for hanging a lantern
– Mesh pockets for all the small things you want to store
– Two way zippers that are easily used on the outside or inside
– UPF 50+ protection against the sun and waterproof coating
– Mesh window that can be put up or down
– Easy to set up – only takes a minute
– Two layers
– Can be used as a mesh tent, sun shelter or camping tent
Coleman Instant Screenhouse
[amazon bestseller=”Coleman Instant Screenhouse” template=list” style=”light” items=”1″ description_items=”1″]
Coleman has once again come out with a quality camping product that will last you for a lifetime. This is more of a screenhouse and assembles in just about three minutes. This is great for campouts, barbeques and picnics as it will protect against the sun, bugs and rain. This screen tent comes with telescoping poles with Comfort Grip technology that is pinch free and creates 90 square feet of shade in an easy to put up, 8’,4” center height tent. They also give you guy lines and stakes that offer additional support.
– This shelter is portable and offers protection from bugs, wind and the sun
– Sets up really easily and offers 41.6 square feet of shade
– Has two big T-doors for an easy way to come in and out in the front or back
– Carry bag for easy storage
– Made of polyguard 2X double thick fabric with UVGuard 50+ protection from the sun
Tailgaterz Magnetic Screen House
[amazon bestseller=”Tailgaterz Magnetic Screen House” template=list” style=”light” items=”1″ description_items=”1″]
Finally, we’ve got the Magnetic Screen House by Tailgaterz. This is more of a product for a tailgate or picnic as it will be a little bigger than something you will want to take hiking. However, This is a great shelter. If you are camping and want to have something that will protect you against the sun and the bugs, this is fantastic. The magnetic doors make it easy to get in and out and you don’t have to unzip anything. The sturdy fiberglass and steel frame allow for a durable and strong product that will last.
– 11 feet x 9 feet
– Magnetic doors are great for hands free entering and exiting
– Sturdy fiberglass and steel frame design
– Large mesh walls to keep bugs out
– Perimeter floor is easy to setup and can go over a picnic table