Last Updated on December 14, 2022
- 1. Retrospec Traverse H1 2-in-1 Convertible Ski & Snowboard Helmet
- 2. TurboSke Ski Helmet
- 3. Giro Ledge Snow Helmet
- 4. Drift Snowboard & Ski Helmet
- 5. Smith Optics Unisex Adult Holt Snow Sports Helmet
The most important thing you can buy for your ski trip isn’t your winter jacket or your snowboard and ski’s, it is the helmet that you will wear as you take on the mountain. This might seem like common sense but you might be surprised at how many people think they are stronger than the ground. When you take a spill and you’re not wearing a helmet, you have a chance of permanently injuring yourself, so don’t take the risk and pick up a ski helmet.
There is nothing “dorky” about wearing a helmet and these same helmets look great and are comfortable. Ski helmets are categorized by their features and seasonality. Helmets for snowboarding and skiing are made for cold weather, to be comfortable, to keep your head warm and to be able to work with goggles. In addition, there are more multi-sport certified helmets with features that allow you to take a liner out so it can be used in the summertime. However, the fit and sizing are the most important features. If you helmet doesn’t fit right, it won’t protect you right so make sure of that.
All that being said, technology offers us a lot of options in terms of features and looks for these ski helmets. Because of this, we compiled this list of some of the best ski helmets of 2019. With a description and list of features we hope you feel more informed before you make your next purchase.
Retrospec Traverse H1 2-in-1 Convertible Ski & Snowboard Helmet
The Retrospec Traverse H1 2-in-1 Convertible Ski & Snowboard Helmet is the first option on our list and while it is an affordable choice, the features on this ski helmet aren’t cheap. First of all, this helmet comes in many sizes and has a simple and clean look.
In terms of comfort, this helmet features 10 different vents for complete temperature regulation. Your head will stay cool while keeping you warm at the same time. Its tough ABS shell is firm and protective and to add to the safety features, the shock absorbent EPS interior helps the cause as well.
– 10 ventilated spaces for cooling and temperature regulation
– ABS shell exterior and shock absorbent, firm EPS interior
– Comes with goggle clip to eye protection in place
– Warmth and protection with removable earmuffs
– ErgoKnob Adjustable Dial is easy to use and will loosen and tighten the framework of the helmet
TurboSke Ski Helmet
The TurboSke Ski Helmet comes in at around $50 and for peace of mind and protection, it is well worth the cost. This helmet has a strong and durable ABS shell with an EPS foam liner glued to the inside of the helmet. This helmet is both efficient in reducing the risk of getting a head injury in addition to being extremely comfortable. Without compromising the coverage of your head, this helmet has full ventilation for temperature regulation and comfort so you can focus on having a great run.
The ear pads are removeable and the liner can be taken out and washed. The venting is adjustable and it weighs around 1.2 lbs.
– Very safe helmet that complies with ASTM and EN1077 safety certified standards
– Great protection with two layers of reinforcement and an external cap made of ABS material
– The venting on this helmet is adjustable so you can control the airflow
– Size can be adjusted
Giro Ledge Snow Helmet
The Giro Ledge Snow Helmet comes in over 10 colors so you can match the theme you are going for. But the best parts about this helmet reside in how it was made. This helmet offers a minimalist, clean design in the mold of skaters. It’s got a hard shell build that was made for park and street riding. Modern technology meets under the hood muscle with a removeable Auto Loc 2 Fit System with great ventilation. The Auto Loc 2 is a self-adjusting and durable fit system that is made to make fitting a helmet to your head less of a hassle. Fixed position straps merge with a soft elastic fit at the back of the helmet to adjust for a perfect fit.
– Hard shell construction for a safe ride
– Auto Loc 2 System allows you to make adjustments to the fit on the fly
– Stack ventilation to allow you to stay comfortable and temperature regulated
– Removable goggle retainer
– Ear pads are removable
Drift Snowboard & Ski Helmet
The Drift Snowboard & Ski Helmet offers unparalleled style while still giving you the great safety and performance features that you would expect from WildHorn Outfitters. They are the proud supplier to the United States Ski and Snowboard Team. If that isn’t a vote of confidence in a product then we don’t know what is.
This helmet has been tested and designed like not many helmets have. It offers a great ergonomic fit and incredible protection so you can shred the mountain in style and comfort instead of looking like a bobblehead that sits on the dash of your car.
– Patented airflow technology that lets the rider adjust the ventilation allowing for climate control
– Ultra soft interior liner with a lightweight construction make this one of the most comfortable ski helmets of 2019
– Fit is fine-tuned and adjustable with the integrated FTA wheel
– Ready for audio with the soft ear pads that are structured to be compatible with Bluetooth
Smith Optics Unisex Adult Holt Snow Sports Helmet
The Smith Optics Unisex Adult Holt Snow Sports Helmet is an incredible ski helmet that will keep you safe while making you look great. Smith Sport Optics is right up there with some of the best manufacturers for high performance helmets, goggles and sunglasses. This helmet has all sorts of features that make this one of our favorites of the year including 14 vents, removeable goggle lock, airflow climate control, Bombshell ear pads, Bombshell construction and a convertible pad kit to name a few. All of these features equal a high end ski helmet that will last you for years.
– Removeable goggle lock
– 14 vents for temperature control
– Bombshell construction with Bombshell ear pads
– AirEvac ventilation
– Airflow Climate control