Outside of a tent, a sleeping bag is probably the most important thing you can have when you are out there in the wilderness. Not just any sleeping bag will do. You need something that is going to stand up to nasty weather and make sure you stay warm when the temperature drops to unsafe levels.
You must consider different factors when picking out a new sleeping bag for your camping adventures. First of all, you need to consider the weight. This might not be as big an issue if you are driving to a campsite but if you are hiking, any extra weight can make things more difficult.
Other factors you should consider when picking out your sleeping bag include the type of insulation in the sleeping bag which can range from synthetic to down or a mix of both. You should also think about the temperature rating which can cover a large range.
All that being said, we want to list some of our favorite sleeping bags of the year. These sleeping bags could range from different seasons to materials but what we do know is that they are highly rated sleeping bags. We hope that this list will help you decide on the sleeping bag you would like.
Coleman Adult Sleeping Bag
To start this list off we wanted to go with a sleeping bag that is affordable and does the job. Coleman continues to provide the world with quality camping products and their adult sleeping bag is no different. It’s one of the best selling sleeping bags for camping on the market and it got this honor by being a quality product. This is a cool weather sleeping bag that was made to be used at temperatures between 30 and 50 degrees. This a great sleeping bag for a camping trip and the Thermolock construction keeps the heat in so it doesn’t escape through the zipper. Coleman also offers ZipperGlide which allows smooth zipper functioning around the corners.
– Roll control with locking edges that keep the bag straight as it is rolled up
– Quick Cord allows for the need to knot or tie the cord after the bag has been rolled up because it snaps and locks
– ZipPlow – allows for snag-free opening and closing of the sleeping bag as it pushes fabric away from the zipper
– Comfort Cuff – gives you a soft place to rest your head with plush material at the edge of the bag
Sleeping Bag (47F/38F) Lightweight For Camping by Outdoorsman Lab
Outdoorsman Lab is well known for their quality camping products and the ultralight and compact season 3 or 4 sleeping bag is another one of those. This sleeping bag is extremely warm and has a comfort rating at 47 degrees and a lower comfort limit at 38 degrees. This is one of those sleeping bags that is great to bring with you while you hike because it is really lightweight (3lbs) and can pack into a size that is roughly 15 inches by 6.5 inches.
– Durable shell that is waterproof
– Really comfortable quick dry liner
– Tested with comfort rating of 47F and a lower comfort limit of 38F
– Anti-snag zippers that allow for easy and quick zip in
– Machine washable
– Extra soft and smooth liner
– 210T Polyester
– Big interior pocket that can be zipped
HONEST OUTFITTERS Sleeping Bag with Compression Sack
We love this sleeping bag and you can get for just around $25. For the money, this sleeping bag is right at the top of our list. It is comfortable, lightweight and well made. This is great to keep in your car in case of emergencies but you can also count on it when you are camping. Some of the great features of this sleeping bag include the waterproof shell made of 210T polyester and a liner made of polyester pongee. The mummy hood has drawstrings so you can pull them tight when it gets really cold to keep all the warmth inside and the draft tubes will help with this too. It only weighs 3.2lbs so you can take this sleeping bag with you on your long hikes and the comfort range goes from 35°F to -40 °F.
– Made of 210T polyester with a polyester pongee liner
– Excellent design with mummy hood and draft tubes to keep the cold out.
– Interior pocket to hold your keys, wallet and other valuables
– Easy to clean and carry – two sacks that allow you to compress the sleeping bag while the other bag is to stuff your bag in to keep with you
Abco Tech Sleeping Bag
This sleeping bag will keep you warm throughout all the seasons. It is fantastic to hike and camp with and comes with a great compression sack for easier transport and storage. This sleeping bag isn’t the smallest one when packed but when you talk about the warmth that it provides, you probably wouldn’t expect that. This is synthetic; however, it doesn’t feel that way. It’s great for freezing temperatures and will offer you the comfort you are looking for in the cold.
– Waterproof so you stay warm and dry
– S-shaped, wide bottom design
– Double fill technology to protect your body from the elements
– Polyester lining is soft and comfortable on the skin
– Has drawstring structure and weather stripping design for the zipper
– Lightweight for how sturdy it is
– Polyester fill
– Machine wash safe
WellaX Double Sleeping Bag for Camping by Chillax
This sleeping bag is one of our favorites for two people. To make a long story short, this is a great sleeping bag to take with you on a camping trip. This is especially true if you want to be by the person you went with. Some of the innovative features that this sleeping bag offers are the two extra pockets on the outside and one on the inside. It also offers a carrying bag and two sleeping masks. In addition, there is an anti-snag double zipper and a zipper draft tube that is full length. This sleeping bag also offers thermal enhancing technology which is helped by the double layer off-stitch build.
Check out this sleeping bag if you want to get closer to your loved one and stay warm.
– Perfect for couples
– High quality materials
– Extremely comfortable
– 87” x 59” and only weighs 6.2lbs
– Made for temperatures down to 32°