- 1. DeMarini Paradox Protege Pro Batting Helmet
- 2. Schutt Sports AiR 5.6 Baseball Batter’s Helmet
- 3. Easton Junior Z5 Grip 2Tone Batters Helmet
- 4. Rawlings R16 Series Matte Batting Helmet
- 5. Rip-It Vision Pro Away Softball Batting Helmet
Buying a batting helmet can be more difficult than you might think. The reason we say that is because there are a lot of options out there and these helmets have features that make them stand out from one another. When you step into that batters’ box, the only think protecting your head from the ball is your bat, but more importantly, your helmet. This is why it is important to have the right helmet. It is even more important to have a helmet that fits snug.
Youth batting helmets are usually required and helmets with facemasks are required in many of these leagues. It’s not worth the risk of not having a great helmet to save some money and we know there are a lot of features to consider.
The features of a youth batting helmet include the ear guards, facemasks and chin straps. In most youth leagues, all of these features are required. When all of these features are combined, you’ve got a great combination of protection for your child. When playing baseball or softball, the goal is to be safe and if you can look good while doing it, perfect.
That being said, we wanted to help you find the right youth batting helmet for your child by compiling a list of some of the highest rated and well-reviewed helmets out there. With a description of the product and a list of features, you should everything you need to make an informed decision.
DeMarini Paradox Protege Pro Batting Helmet
The DeMarini Paradox Protege Pro Batting Helmet offers safety and affordability in one package. This helmet has been designed by the leaders in hitting to appeal to those that it applies to; hitters. Not only is this a functional and safe helmet, it also looks great and offers a profile that any player will love. The bill features great sightlines and the padding crates fit great. The most important features on the Paradox is that it meets NOCSAE protection standards. After all, when it comes down to it, the safety of your child is all that matters.
– Helmet features dual density padding that is fitted specifically to the child’s head
– Maximize the airflow through the strategically placed vents
– Great looking helmet with a glossy finish
– Superior fit with low profile shell
– Sizing of helmet is based on hat size
Schutt Sports AiR 5.6 Baseball Batter’s Helmet
The Schutt Sports AiR 5.6 Baseball Batter’s Helmet comes in an array of color options to match any team color scheme. That is a great side effect of this helmet because the best features are about how well it protects. This helmet features D30 cushioning for a great fit. This D30 impact protection creates a shock absorbing shell that will protect if hit but will also be comfortable. The Air XE shell is one of the best looking helmets that we’ve see and the shape just adds to that. It is constructed from solid ABS plastic which helps this to be more comfortable. As long as you make sure you order the right size, this helmet leaves no wiggle room. It’s a literal and figurative hit.
– Durable shell on the premium fitted helmet
– Air XE Shell for a great stream lined look
– Great airflow with strategically placed vents
– D30 Energy Lock Technology to absorb the shock of contact
Easton Junior Z5 Grip 2Tone Batters Helmet
The Easton Junior Z5 Grip 2Tone Batters Helmet will protect your child like not many youth batting helmets can. When I comes to high impacts, consider them null and void with the ABS plastic that offers an incredible protective shell. In terms of what is on the inside of this helmet, rest assured that the dual density foam that is made of high density shock absorbing foam will keep your child safe. It’s also got a BioDri liner to wick away moisture from the scalp. The wrapped ears make this helmet very durable and the ventilation allows for maximum air flow.
– Durable Easton batting helmet
– Perfect for players of all levels
– ABS plastic provides protection against potentially harmful impact
– Offered in many colors
– Dual Density Foam protects and liner wicks moisture
– NOCSAE approved and meets all standards
Rawlings R16 Series Matte Batting Helmet
Another incredible batting helmet from the reputable Rawlings company is the Rawlings R16 Series Matte Batting Helmet. Just like you would expect from a company that has been involved in the industry for so long, this is a quality product. First off, this helmet meets NOCSAE standards. This helmet comes in very small sizes for your little one and is compatible with a facemask. It’s a high quality helmet that will fit most heads. It’s got a short brim to allow for a solid line of sight and it has strategically placed vents for maximum air flow throughout the game.
– Many color options to fit the team theme
– Ventilation and air circulation with Heat exchange vents
– Improved comfort with wrapped jaw pads
– Matte paint finish on helmets
Rip-It Vision Pro Away Softball Batting Helmet
The Rip-It Vision Pro Away Softball Batting Helmet is already different from many of the helmets out there in that it has a removeable facemask already attached. This helmet was built from a lightweight shell. It also features Blackout Technology to help prevent glare while you’re at the plate. This is one of the few helmets that comes in very small sizes so if your little one has a little head; this helmet will work great.
The revolutionary dual density foam will keep your child safe. In addition to offering excellent protection, it is very lightweight. This is taking into consideration that the helmet has a facemask on it as well.
– Blackout Technology that is like wearing eye black and helps eliminate glare
– Dual density foam for protection and comfort
– Meets NOSCAE standards
– Comes with moisture management wrapped pads