- 1. Louisville Slugger Omaha 518 (-3) BBCOR Baseball Bat
- 2. Rawlings 2018 Velo BBCOR Baseball Bat (-3)
- 3. DeMarini 2018 CF Zen (-3) Balanced BBCOR Baseball Bat
- 4. Louisville Slugger Solo 617 BBCOR (-3) Baseball Bat
- 5. Easton 2018 Ghost X -3 Adult Baseball Bat (BBCOR)
New technology has really changed the way that softball and baseball bats have been made over the last 25 years. These days, these bats aren’t just your run of the mill aluminum bats that you remember from being a kid. They can also be composite which is known to make the ball just pop off the bat. With all the changes to technology, there have been many regulations put in place on what bats are allowed to be used depending on the age level and league. There are different weights to consider when you are shopping and, in this post, we are going to be discussing drop 3 baseball bats.
A drop 3 baseball bat is a bat that is 3 ounces lighter than the length of the bat. Minus three bats are also called college, adult or high school bats. This is how bat weight is measured. The bigger the drop weight, the lighter the bat will be. One would assume that if you are a bigger person you would want to get a heavier bat but this isn’t always the case. You want a bat that is heavy enough, but also allows you to generate bat speed.
That being said, we assume you know the kind of bat that you’d like and you just need to find a quality bat. For these reasons, we created this list of some of the best drop 3 bats out there. We hope this list will make your search a little easier.
Louisville Slugger Omaha 518 (-3) BBCOR Baseball Bat
The Louisville Slugger Omaha 518 (-3) BBCOR Baseball Bat is one of the best bats at the BBCOR level. This bat was made with a sturdy 1-piece 7U1+ alloy design with an improved 6 Star high quality end cap that delivers a stiff feeling a mid balanced swing weight and a massive sweet spot.
This bat is perfect for the right batter. It has great balance but not so much balance that it feels hand loaded. It has enough mass behind it to crank the ball while with a great swing. This bat is perfect for the person that is already a power hitter but might not be as good for the contact hitters because it isn’t quite as balanced.
– Get that stiff feel and massive sweet spot with the 1pc ST 7U1+ alloy construction
– Design is 6 Star premium end cap
– Weight score is 2.3
– Reduction in negative vibration on mis-hits with the vibration dampening handle
– Lizard Skin performance grip
Rawlings 2018 Velo BBCOR Baseball Bat (-3)
The Rawlings 2018 Velo BBCOR Baseball Bat (-3) is part of the series that gives it great control and speed. This is a perfect bat for the top of the lineup batter. It’s got a lighter swing weight and a stiffer handle to allow hitters to catch up with faster pitches. The Comp-Lite end cap lowers the moment of inertia and creates balance. Bat speed is increased with the extremely lightweight carbon fiber barrel.
This bat offers great pop at an affordable price. Not only that, it is a great looking bat with balance. If you are looking for a bat that will help you to increase your line drives and extra base hits, this one might be the one for you.
– Increase barrel flexibility with the laser etched groove through the sweet spot
– Get that unmistakable popping sound with the loudest acoustic alloy on the market
– BBCOR certified bat
DeMarini 2018 CF Zen (-3) Balanced BBCOR Baseball Bat
The DeMarini 2018 CF Zen (-3) Balanced BBCOR Baseball Bat is another one of our favorite 3 drop bats of the 2019 season. This bat features the patented Paraflex Composite material built into the barrel that allowed the DeMarini engineers to be able to distribute the weight evenly throughout the bat for a great feel. The 3-Fusion system works like a charm from the handle to the end cap and has fantastic weight control throughout the entire bat for great pop. The 3-Fusion handle has a new design that will give the batter more feel and better weight control. This is a great choice for a 3 drop bat and coming from a company like DeMarini, you know it is high quality.
– Barrel has Paraflex Composite material used in the barrel for a more precise distribution of weight
– 3-Fusion system works to give the bat better pop and feel through the control
– Streamlined design allows for better control
Louisville Slugger Solo 617 BBCOR (-3) Baseball Bat
The Louisville Slugger Solo 617 BBCOR (-3) Baseball Bat is a model from 2017 but continues to thrive in 2019. This is a one piece alloy bat that is one of the lightest swinging 3 drop bats in the product line. The Solo 617 an end cap that is half the weight of the standard BBCOR end cap that Louisville Slugger usually uses. This means you are getting the perfect strength to weight ratio for more control and pop. It is made of SL Hyper Alloy which means you will notice a stiffer feel and more transfer of power during your swing. It’s also got a great looking and feeling Lizard Skin Grip that gives you great feel and looks at the same time.
– Hyper Alloy one piece bat for great energy transfer and a stiff feel
– One of the most balanced swing weights in this line of bats
– Speed ballistic composite end cap for a fast swing
Easton 2018 Ghost X -3 Adult Baseball Bat (BBCOR)
The Easton 2018 Ghost X -3 Adult Baseball Bat is one of the higher end 3 drop bats on our list for 2019. The Ghost X is powerful and technical with great pop and a controlled swing. The Dynamic Feel System mixes Connexion+ technology with the EXACT (Engineering X Advanced Carbon Technology) carbon construction for one of best feeling two piece bats in baseball. This bat was redesigned to increase the feel and Easton has done a great job with this. We love this bat and it surely deserves to be on this list of some of the best 3 drop bats of the year.
– Dynamic Feel system
– All new engineering with the EXACT system
– Barrel built reduces vibration in the hands while optimizing the performance
– X-tended barrel design gives this bat one of the longest barrels out of all the competition