Last Updated on February 23, 2024
If you have used a backpacking stove before, you were probably aware of the two most popular kinds. They either came in gas or liquid. If you are looking for your first backpacking stove today, you are probably better off going with one of these style. That isn’t to say there aren’t more innovative options out there for you because they probably have some out there that will charge your cell phone and cook your food at the same time. However, when looking for a cost efficient backpacking stove that works well, your best options might be either gas or liquid.
The good thing for you is that there are lot of different options out there for you. The bad part is that there are a lot of different options out there for you. This is where we come into help. We are going to share some of our favorite and highest rated backpacking stoves on the market this year. By the time you are finished reading this post you should have a better understanding of some of the different backpacking stoves out there and potentially be a little closer to buying your own.
Please enjoy our list of the highest rated backpacking stoves of the year!
Etekcity Ultralight Portable Outdoor Backpacking Camping Stove with Piezo Ignition
For just $15 you can pick up the Etekcity Ultralight Portable Outdoor Backpacking Camping Stove with Piezo Ignition. They don’t always save the best for last and this backpacking stove is a perfect example at such an affordable price, you will be surprised at the quality you are getting here. This stove is made of stainless steel and aluminum alloy which means it can stand up to heavier weights and high temperatures. It is collapsible and compact and you can use it with any 7/16 thread single butane or butane-propane mixed fuel source. The features on this stove far exceed what you will pay.
– Flame control with adjustable control valve which allows for max heat output and all the way down to a simmer.
– Broad compatibility – able to be used fuel canisters with single butane or a butane-propane mix that have 7/16 threads
– Collapsible and compact – this design is great for really light backpacking
– Follows the “Leave No Trace” principles created by the National Park Service, Bureau of Land Management and US Forest Service
Terra Hiker 3500W Camping Gas Stove
Next on our list is the 3500W camping gas stove by Terra Hiker. You can pick this backpacking stove up for just under $20 and you will be extremely happy with your choice. One of the great things about this backpacking stone is that it is stable and sturdy. It has a wind protector which is a feature that not a lot of outdoor stoves have so cooking will be a breeze. This backpacking stove is really highly rated and that is because it is made well and works great.
– Portable and Lightweight – weighs 300g
– Comes with ignition switch
– 12 inch has pipe
– Power – 3500W
– Comes with carrying case
– Easy to ignite with the piezo ignition that creates a flame at the push of a button
– Energy efficient – will boil a liter of water in 3 minutes
Odoland Camping Cookware Stove
For right around $25, the Odoland Camping Cookware Stove gives you everything you need to cook and eat your next meal while you are enjoying the great outdoors. This comes standard with one mini stove, two aluminum non-stick pots, a spoon, fork, knife, a 16oz stainless steel cup, a silicone cup protector and two carrying bags. That is a lot of equipment in one package and will save you money in not having to buy these extra products. For the amount of accessories you get for the price you might think the stove could be on the cheaper side, but that is the best part about this product; it is quality all around and we know you will enjoy it.
– Nine piece cookware kit for camping and cooking
– Compact and foldable mini stove
– Stainless steel cup and insulated silicone cup protector
– Made of quality aluminum alloy
– Strong and durable
– Folds up for easy transport and storage
Bisgear 12/16 Pcs Camping Cookware Stove
Bisgear has upped the anti in the backpacking stove department by giving you a 12 piece cooking set for the outdoors and just $30.99. In this package you get the mini stove with Piezo ignition, a steel foldable knife, spoon and fork, as well as a mini stove pocket. In addition, you care going to go get two anodized aluminum pots of different sizes, a canister stand tripod, wine opener, dishcloth, mesh bag, and carabiner.
– Easy to clean and high quality – FDA approved anodized aluminum pots and frying pan
– 12 piece cooking set for the outdoors including a fork, spoon, knife, mini stove with piezo ignition, two pots, mini stove pocket, canister stand tripod, mesh bag, carabiner, wine opener and a dishcloth
– Everything can be stored in the mesh bag for storage
– Lightweight and durable
– 100% satisfaction guaranteed or your money back
Optimus Vega Backpacking Stove
Now we move on to the final backpacking stove on our list. We absolutely love this stove because of its high quality and efficiency. This lightweight remote canister stone will give you two ways to cook on one stove. It can be used in all four seasons as well. No matter if you it really cold or you need to heat something up fast, this is the backpacking stove for you. It’s got an efficiency mode for slow cooking or you can crank it up. It runs on Isobutane, propane and gas butane. This is one of the highest quality backpacking stoves on the market today and it is highly rated by almost anyone that has purchased this product.
– Only 178g so you can take anywhere
– Wide burner head for precision cooking and no spot burning
– Burner is very powerful at 1.400W/4.760 BTU in its highest efficiency form and 3.700W/12.580 BTU in the 4 season mode
– Extremely stable with a low profile to withstand wind and uneven landscapes
– Included is a windscreen and stuff sack