Last Updated on June 28, 2023
Baseball training aids objects or tools that have been used for years now to help the player improve at specific areas of the games. There are baseball training aids that help to improve hitting, throwing, stances, fielding and any other aspect of the game you can think of. Since the beginning of time, people have always looked for an edge in competition and if you can purchase a tool that will help you to improve your game, you should do so.
Much of the decision will be based on what position you are looking to improve. However, much of the training aids revolve around hitting because there are lots of factors that go into being a good hitter. However, there are other things that can be used as well.
That being said, there are a lot of options out there and it is difficult to know what is the best out there. Because we don’t know where you or your player needs improvement, we wanted to share a variety of baseball training aid that are really well-reviewed and highly rated. In this post you are going to find some of the best baseball training aids of 2019. We hope this list helps you to have a better idea of the options that are out there. Enjoy!
- 1. Rope Coach – Baseball Swing Trainer
- 2. Tanner Tee
- 3. Rukket Pitch Back Baseball/Softball Rebounder PRO
- 4. Louisville Slugger UPM 45 Blue Flame Pitching Machine
- 5. Heater Sports PowerAlley Baseball Batting Cage Net and Frame
Rope Coach – Baseball Swing Trainer with Drawstring Backpack Bag
The Rope Coach – Baseball Swing Trainer with Drawstring Backpack Bag is a great tool to improve your batting at the plate. This package comes with a drawstring bag and the Rope Coach which is an easy to use training tool that will help improve your batting. It’s quick to setup and is great for pre-game warmups or off season training. Just attach one end to a fence which allows you to focus on perfecting your swing. If you can grab a teammate, you can get an intensive two person training session in as well. This tool encourages square contact with the ball and if the swing isn’t perfect, the ball will bounce up and down and not travel down the rope.
– Gives the batter instant feedback
– Get more line drives and base hits
– Easy to use and fast setup
– Can be used by one or two people
– No more shagging balls
The Tanner Tee is a favorite by baseball trainers. It is an adjustable tee that goes from 26” to 43”. This is the industry standard in baseball tees. It has a solid metal design that is easy to use and adjust. This makes it perfect for all levels of baseball and softball players. It is easy to transport, fits in almost any bat bag and can be moved from inside to outside the plate.
Tanner Tees have been creating high quality tees for over 25 years now and they stand behind their product. If you didn’t believe them, look at all the great reviews and you’ll see why the original tanner tee is a favorite with baseball and softball coaches.
– This is the original pro style tee for batting
– Has a rolled rubber top
– The most used tee by the pros
– The patented hand rolled rubber ball rest allows you to feel the ball and not the tee
Rukket Pitch Back Baseball/Softball Rebounder PRO
If you’re looking to improve your pitching, throwing or fielding, consider the Rukket Pitch Back Baseball/Softball Rebounder PRO. It is the perfect tool for all of the above. You can also take it anywhere you go because it folds flat which makes it easy to take with you. The design is curved and allows you to practice line drives, pop ups and ground balls without having to adjust the net. The idea is to simulate game like ground balls and fly balls. You can aim right down the middle or shoot for the corners to improve your throws and then improve your fielding by taking the rebound. Overall, this is a great tool that can improve many aspects of your game.
– The Paracord Pull and Plunger Bolt System allows you to adjust the angel without worrying about pinching your fingers
– The bungees are industrial strength and will give great bounce back
– Has a pitching target to give you that game like feel
– Has rubber feet so your floors don’t get scratched
Louisville Slugger UPM 45 Blue Flame Pitching Machine
The Louisville Slugger UPM 45 Blue Flame Pitching Machine was named the official Pony Baseball and Softball League pitching machine. It has helped many players improve their batting for years now. It is portable, requires no electricity and it is sturdy. These qualities make it great for using anywhere you go. This machine throws real baseballs and it can do it up to 45 miles per hour. If you get lightweight balls, it can reach speeds of up to 60 miles per hour. The lever action flicks the baseball with consistent location and speed so you won’t have to guess what you’re getting on every pitch. This is a great product and one of the most popular pitching machines on the market.
– Only weighs 25 lbs
– Perfect for outfield drills, infield drills and throwing accurate pitches
– No electricity or batteries required to run this
– Throws regulation size baseballs and fastpitch softballs up to 45 mph
– Throws lightweight practice balls at speeds of up to 60 mph
HEATER SPORTS PowerAlley Baseball and Softball Batting Cage Net and Frame
The Heater Sports PowerAlley Baseball and Softball Batting Cage Net and Frame has a built in pitching machine harness for safety and allows you to hit freely without worrying about breaking valuable. This net stands 22 feet long, 12 feet wide and 8 feet tall so if you have a little bit of room, you can use this fantastic cag. Knowing that you are getting this for a great price is just one reason why this product is so popular. It is easy to setup and is sturdy.
– 22’ x 12’ x 8’
– Everything comes in one package including ground stakes, nylon netting and built in harness
– Helps the batter to increase reaction time because it is only 22 feet long
– Easy to set up and take down
– Built in pitching machine harness