- Three (3) molded-in seats provide additional floatation and seating for up to 3 Paddlers. Bow and stern seats include...
- Super tough laminate PVC with polyester core: Light weight and highly resistant to damage from abrasion, impact and...
- An ideal grab-and-go watercraft for anglers and hunters alike, the Old Town Sportsman Discovery Solo 119 offers the...
- 1 PERSON KAYAK: The Driftsun Rover 120 single rider kayak features a front & rear rocker profile, so you can maneuver &...
Being right in the middle of the summer season, getting out on the lake and river is something that many of us truly love. Letting the sunshine and breeze graze your face is one of the simple pleasures in life. Many people like to lay on the beach, many like to swim and others like to get out there is a canoe and paddle until their heart is content.
However, as much as we would love to buy a canoe and get out there, many of us have questions about which one to buy and that is what we want to help with. There is a plethora of options out there so we want to give a few of our favorite canoes and talk about what got them on our list. We are right in the middle of summer so there is no better time to buy a canoe for you and the family.
Check out our list below. We know there are more options out there but these canoes have some of the best ratings on the market.
Old Town Canoes & Kayaks Discovery 158 Recreational Canoe
- Combining the best of both worlds, Old Town delivers the ideal grab-n-go watercraft for anglers and hunters alike.
The Discovery 158 has been one of the best selling canoes for Old Town Canoes & Kayaks for over 30 years. The Discovery 158 is about as tough and durable as you can find for the price. It is able to take a beating and keep on moving forward do to Old Town’s Three Layer construction of the canoe. Just because it is tough doesn’t mean this thing can’t get around. The Discovery 158 is easy to handle, stable and agile. It performs great out on the water and is a great choice for any enthusiast of the outdoors.
– Vinyl gunwales
– Comfortable handles for carrying
– Very durable and three layer polyethylene
– Durable and comfortable nylon web seats
– Ash carrying thwart and yoke
– Camo, Green or Red
– Used for Recreation, Hunting, Fishing
– 2 Paddlers recommended
– Material – Three Layer Polyethylene
– Length – 15’ 8”
– Width – 35.5 inches
– Width at 4” Waterline – 35.5 inches
– Bow Height – 21.5
– Depth – 13.5 inches
– Weight Capacity – 1,150 pounds
Sun Dolphin Scout Elite SS Square Back Fishing Canoe
- Package Includes - 8 pack kayak drain plug push in
For your more affordable options in canoes, Sun Dolphin’s Scout Elite SS canoe is a great option. This functional and affordable canoe is a great option for the person that loves to get out there on the lake or river as a hobby and not break the bank doing it. This canoe has a hybrid, square back for use with either an electric trolling motor or just paddling. This canoe offers the space for 3 people in addition to having a built in storage and cooler in the center seat. The comfortable molded in seats and rugged UV stabilized Fortiflex polyethylene hull offer the functionality and comfort that will give you the best experience possible on the water.
– Maneuvers and steers like a normal canoe with the benefit of being able to use a motor.
– Perfectly suited for using electric trolling motors
– Square back transom that is very sturdy
– Durable UV stabilized Fortiflex High Density Polyethylene
– Fits three people
– Has built in locations for rod holders
– Motor not included
– Length – 14’
– Width – 38”
– Height – 15 ½”
– Weight – 84 lbs.
– Capacity – 765 lbs.
Sea Eagle TC16 Inflatable Travel Canoe Basic Package
- Exterior: 16' x 38" / Interior: 15'2" x 25" / Deflated: 40" x 24" x 16"
Sea Eagles are compact, tremendously durable, light and easy to carry. For the outdoor enthusiast that likes to take their equipment and boats anywhere they go, the TC16 Inflatable Travel Canoe is a great option. While a bit more pricey than other models we’ve talked about, the quality and features of this canoe will make certain you don’t feel you overpaid. Sea Eagles care easily stowed in a car or checked in as luggage. They can traverse almost any kind of water in any part of the world. Whether you want to take the Sea Eagle to a tropical island or a remote lake for a fishing trip, this canoe is for you.
– Multiple air compartments for buoyancy creating a safe ride for adults and children alike
– Packs at about less than 20% of the original size for easy storage and travel. Pack your Sea Eagle and take it anywhere, anytime.
– Advanced techniques for construction of the Sea eagle allow for safety, reliability and durability.
– 3 year warranty against defects to the product
– Exterior – 16’ x 38’
– Interior – 15’2 x 25”
– Deflated – 40” x 24” x 16”
– Weight – 61 lbs.
– Weight Capacity – 800 lbs.
Mad River Adventure 16 Canoe
The canoe is extremely versatile and a great choice for families, sportsman or just an extra canoe. The Adventure 16 provides durability and affordability. The Adventure 16 features a design that is multi-chine shallow arch hull which offers stability and smooth tracking. This model is also constructed for maximum durability with polyethylene. The Adventure 16 is an upgrade over the Adventure 14 because of its additional cargo room. This canoe is perfect for a little getaway whether it be on the river, lake or a pond. It is also designed to allow for easy installation of a trolling motor. If you are looking for quality and affordability, you can’t go wrong with Mad River’s Adventure 16 for you and your family.
– Padded, molded seats with adjustable backrests for maximum comfort
– Storage space including spots for cargo, coolers and drinks
– Multichine hull design that offers a stable ride with excellent tracking and rigidity
– Protection from spray and the sun with an extended deck
– Rolled gunwale for rigidity
– Gen2™ high-density polyethylene built for great performance, affordability and as durable as they come.
– Length – 16’
– Width – Gunwale – 33”
– Width – Waterline – 34.25”
– Maximum – 37”
– Max Capacity – 950 lbs.
– Depth – Center – 14.25”
– Depth – Bow – 19”
– Depth – Stern 16.75
– Average Weight – 84 lbs.