Any piece of climbing gear that you buy or have purchased over the years has a chance to become something you really cherish, but none carry more significance and importance as good climbing rope. It is literally your lifeline on everything from full on alpine climbs to beginning top ropes. The rope that you use might be the most important decision you make and it is your strongest piece of climbing equipment. In some ways, it is also your most vulnerable piece of equipment as well.
This is why when you decide to buy a climbing rope, no matter if it is your first or twentieth, it is important to consider how you will be using the rope, what companies are making it and what technologies are going to be available to you. There are a lot of options out there in terms of climbing rope and we understand if you aren’t sure about the direction you want to go.
This is why we are here. We want to share with you some of the best climbing ropes on the market for this year and 2019 and talk about what makes them so highly rated in the eyes of the people that are buying them. Check out our list of highly rated climbing ropes below and hopefully you will get some information you need to help you in your search.
Fding Rock Climbing Rope
First on our list is Fding’s Rock Climbing Rope comes in at just under $20 for 64 feet of rope. This rope works great for things like tree climbing, installations, and pruning. However, this is a static rope and even though it claims to be a climbing rope, you have to be careful because it doesn’t absorb your energy as it catches you from a fall. So yes, if you are climbing things around the house it is great but think about upgrading your rope to something more suited for climbing mountains if that is what you intend to do.
We wanted to share this with you to show you that not all ropes that say they are for climbing are dynamic. This is a solid rope for climbing things less harrowing.
– The rope is about 64 feet
– Made of from durable polyester
– Provides you safety and with firmness hooks on the end
– Including: Rope and Buckles
Aoneky 10 mm Static Outdoor Rock Climbing Rope
First on our list is the 10 mm Static Outdoor Rock Climbing Rope by Aoneky. With this rope, you are getting a good quality that is well made and sturdy. This is a no frills rope that will get the job done no matter if you are traversing a mountain or repelling out of your window in case of emergency. Some have complained about the loop ends, as they would rather trust a knot, but outside of that, this rope is affordable and durable. This is a static rope so it is great for repelling.
– High quality polyester material, extremely durable and strong, tear resistant and heavy duty rot
– Safe for most outdoor activities with load-bearing of the rope reach 2000 lb
– This rope to keep clean and tidy, can be folded up tight and very compact to carry wherever you need it
– 32FT, 49FT, 65FT, 98FT, 131FT, 164FT, 200FT rope length options
– They are perfect for climbing, caving, fishing, expansion, for pets camping, hiking, boating, and engineering
EDELRID Boa DuoTec 9.8mm Dynamic Climbing Rope
Now we are getting into the dynamic ropes which are designed to stretch in case you fall so that your anchor and body aren’t absorbing all the shock. The dynamic climbing rope by Edelrid is a fantastic option for the avid climber. For the money, you are getting great quality and a rope that isn’t too thick. The halfway pattern change makes setting repels a lot easier when you cannot see the ground.
– The dynamic climbing rope is really universal and lightweight
– This rope features Duotec for permanent middle marking and Thermo Shield treatment for handling
– This rope is suitable for many activities with its narrow diameter
– You are getting quality from a company that has been making alpine equipment for over 150 years
– Compliant with occupational safety rules and environmental protection
Black Diamond 9.9mm Dynamic Climbing Rope
Black Diamond has once again come out with a dynamic climbing rope that will do the job for you and keep you safe. This rope is great for avid climbers and beginners alike. This rope is great quality, lightweight, it rarely snags and the color is cool too. It also allows ATC belay devices to snugly grip the rope and it also has a halfway marker.
You know you are getting a quality product with Black Diamond so we are not surprised that so many people are big fans of this product.
– Comes in 35, 40, 60 and 70 meters length
– Very durable
– High quality and lightweight
– Made to be abused
Petzl Mambo 10.1 mm x 60 m Climbing Rope
Finally, our list of climbing ropes ends with the dynamic Petzl Mambo 10.1mm x 60m Climbing Rope. This highly rated climbing rope is on our list for a reason and that reason is that it is a great product. This rope is very nice and supple. It is soft, ties well and stretches nicely for easy catches. It has two middle marks which makes the halfway point very easy to identify. In addition to all the cool features, it looks great too.
– Diameter is great for use outdoors and indoors
– Greater ease of use and longevity
– Excellent abrasion resistance because of the thick sheath
– Sheath and core are bonded together at the ends of the rope to avoid frayed ends and to give greater durability
– ClimbReady Coil which is a specific coil that makes this rope ready to go. It helps to increase longevity and help the person avoid preliminary uncoiling mistakes