- 1. THURSO SURF Lancer 5’10” Fish Soft Top Surfboard Package
- 2. California Board Company 6’2” Fish Surfboard
- 3. Liquid Shredder Fish Soft Surfboard
- 4. SBBC 5’8 Mahi Hybrid Surfboard
- 5. NSP Elements Fish Short Surfboard
Maybe you’re thinking about getting into surfing or you already are into it and you’re looking for a little something different. We are talking about the fish surfboard today and if you have just recently seen it for the first time, you might think it looks a little odd for a shortboard. When you look a little closer, you’ll notice the fish surfboard is really thick, wide and short and has a big tail that resembles a fish.
There are many benefits to using a fish board. To start, a fish board will give you a lot of speed in small waves. While a short board might be hard to use in weak, small surf and a longboard will give you speed, the fish board will let you cruise with speed on those small waves. It’s also an easy and fast paddle. Because there is more volume in the fish board, there is more buoyancy and that means it cruises better on top of the water. It’s also easier to catch waves and maneuver with a fish board so you get a little bit of everything.
All that being said, there are many manufacturers that put their own spin on the fish surfboard and we are here to offer information on some of the best fish boards out there for 2019. All of the boards below are highly rated and would make great choices for you and the family.
THURSO SURF Lancer 5’10” Fish Soft Top Surfboard Package
The Thurso Surf Lancer soft top fish board is a board that was designed with your stability in mind. It’s an easy ride with great glide and that is a recipe for a great time on the water. It’s core made of high density EPS makes this board really buoyant and light. This board is one of the most popular with some of the high level surfers in the nitro small wave range. It’s a great beginner board because of the price yet it is quality enough for some of the best in the world.
– Includes surfboard, 6 inch double swivels, twin fins and a leash
– Board weights 6 lbs. and max rider is 200 lbs.
– Designed with a focus on glide and stability for a nice and easy ride
– HDPE heat laminated, slick bottom makes the most out of speed and adds stiffness
– Fish tail gives more traction and speed
California Board Company 6’2” Fish Surfboard
The California Board Company 6’2” Fish Surfboard is a high density EPS foam board that will provide the user a whole lot of fun. You’re not going to get many boards that are this high quality for the cost. It is extremely light and durable as well so if your child is using it, you don’t have to worry about them breaking it the first day they get it. The ankle strap that it comes with has a nylon adapter that is pushed down whtn the rear fin is screwed in. It has a tri fin set up that is very nice and the graphics and design are nothing to look past. It performs great and looks great. What else can you ask for.
– 100% waterproof, high density foam deck and core with a custom molded shape
– Waterproof resin on the 3 multi-layered laminated wood stringers
– IXPE slick bottom is durable and dense
– 3 fin set up
– Leash included
Liquid Shredder Fish Soft Surfboard
For around $200 you can get your hands on the Fish Surfboard by Liquid Shredder. This is a great board for the kids. It might not look like much when it gets to you but it is great to learn on. It provides a lot of float and it is big. Both of these characteristics make it a great match for beginners. The softness of the board is fantastic and when compared to other foam top boards, it doesn’t rub as bad. This makes it easier to learn from y our knees and easier to carry as well. Some have mentioned the fins not being flexible but outside of that, the reviews are great for this board.
– Hybrid soft surfboard made in Peru
– Soft vinyl outer skin is patented with no lamination which means no delamination
– Dual aluminum stringer system for strength and rigidity
– Includes foot leash and tail and nose protection
SBBC 5’8 Mahi Hybrid Surfboard
The SBBC 5’8 Mahi Hybrid Surfboard is a hybrid fish board in South Bay Board Co.’s Hybrid Series of soft top surfboards. This board is one of the highest performing, most durable and cleanest surfboards of the year. The combination of the fingerprint soft topo deck and the hard resined bottom deck make this board durable, fast, hard ripping and fun.
This board is perfect for being a performance focused board for you. It is floats easily and is fast on the paddle. It has stable takeoffs that transition to long, clean turns. It also does great in choppy, smaller sets. Includes FCS quad fin set, 6’ leash and an FCS fin key.
– Top deck is made of “Fingerprint” foam, is wax free and textured
– EPS closed cell foam and I-Beam stringer
– Two layer of resin that are 6 ounces for extra toughness and rigidity
– Bottom deck is real bamboo with clear resin
NSP Elements Fish Short Surfboard
Get a top of the line fish board with the NSP Elements Fish Short Surfboard. This board comes in various sizes to fit all sizes of surfer. It’s got a wide, stable and flatter rockered making this board fun and fast. It’s ready to go right when you get and it doesn’t matter the conditions. Get easy entry in the even the smallest waves with drive and acceleration as well as more paddle power from the wide nose.
This board is recommended for someone with a little experience. There are plenty of good starter boards out there at a more affordable price. However, this board will be great for anyone that is ready to take on the water and have fun while doing it.
– This is one of the top selling fish surfboards in the world
– Available in various sizes
– Inludes 3 fin FCS set up
– Wide, fast, stable and fun