- 1. Intex Explorer K2 Kayak
- 2. Sevylor K1 Quikpak Inflatable Kayak
- 3. Airhead MONTANA 1 Person Kayak
- 4. Goplus Inflatable Kayak
- 5. ADVANCED ELEMENTS Island Voyage 2 Inflatable Kayak
Inflatable kayaks are all the rage these days because they give people an easy way to go out on the water, whether for simple adventuring or for fishing. They now come in all shapes and sizes, which is both great and intimidating for people who are looking to find the perfect kayak. On this page we are going to go over the different features found on modern inflatable kayaks and we’ll even point you toward some of the best ones available today.
The easiest way to shorten the list of potential inflatable kayaks you might buy is to only look at the ones that are the size that you want and that have the passenger capacity you need. After that, it is really all about looking for the features that you want, such as storage space, maneuverability, and weight.
There are hundreds of inflatable kayaks out there these days and dozens of companies making them, so it can be hard to find the right one for you. Rather than spending many hours trying to find the perfect fit, take a look at the five inflatable kayaks below as they are considered to be five of the best kayaks on the market right now.
Intex Explorer K2 Kayak
There is a lot to like about the Intex Explorer K2 kayak, which is why it is one of the top selling inflatable kayaks out there today. It fits two people of any size very comfortably, it has a removable skeg that gives riders excellent control over the boat, and it was designed to last. Add to all of that the fact that it comes at a very reasonable price and you will understand why so many people have bought and loved the Intex Explorer K2 over the years.
– Puncture resistant vinyl
– Very quick and easy to inflate and deflate
– Comfortable inflatable and adjustable seat with back cushion
– Grab lines on front and rear for easy carrying
– Removable skeg
– Comes with a quick repair kit
– 10 feet long, 3 feet wide
Sevylor K1 Quikpak Inflatable Kayak
This solo inflatable kayak from Sevylor has about as many features as you will get from any type of kayak on the market right now. It has a backpack that converts into a comfortable seat, a very durable tarpaulin bottom, it is easy to blow up and deflate, and it was built to withstand punctures with its multiple air chamber system. The best part, though, is that it is made from 21-gauge PVC fabric, which keeps it light in weight yet very easy to maneuver.
– Only takes a total of 5 minutes to completely set up
– 21-gauge PVC material used for ultra durability
– Tarpaulin bottom ensures that the kayak will not get punctured
– Back rest feels great and keeps you comfortable for long rides on the water
– Foot rest allows you to lean back
– Plenty of storage space
– Fold up paddle included
Airhead MONTANA 1 Person Kayak
The Airhead Montana single person kayak is a no-nonsense design that is meant to be used by kayakers of all skill levels. It is about as lightweight as nine-foot kayaks come and it has 840-denier nylon around all three air chambers to greatly limit the chances of any type of puncture. It’s also very simple to control, thanks to the unique four-fin system on the bottom of the boat. It was built for lake use, but this inflatable kayak can also be used on light to moderate white water.
– Durable 840-denier nylon used on all 3 chambers
– UV and water-resistant coatings used everywhere on boat for extra durability
– Made for many uses on lakes or even lighter white water
– Very simple and quick to inflate
– Bright orange used to make the kayak very visible in case of emergency
– 9 feet long, 27.7 pounds
Goplus Inflatable Kayak
This Goplus inflatable kayak is as comfortable as it is attractive. In has a fully adjustable inflatable seat that feels great on your back even if you take it out for many hours on the water. It was also built with safety in mind as it has three blowholes that work independently from one another so if one hole is damaged, the others will stay intact and you’ll be able to row back to shore. It’s also just 18 pounds and it takes no time at all to inflate when you’re ready to get out on the water. On top of all of that, it has a unique V-shaped bow to give it great speed when you want to move.
– Available as a 1 or 2 person inflatable kayak
– Weighs only 18 pounds, making it one of the lightest kayaks around today
– Adjustable inflatable seat with very comfortable back rest
– 3 independent blow holes for added safety
– Elastic safety pulling rope included for easy towing
– Comes in 2 different colors: Orange and Blue
– Includes a carrying bag
Advanced Elements have made a great name for themselves by building premium kayaks of all shapes and sizes, and the Island Voyage 2 might just be the best of the bunch when it comes to their inflatable kayak line. It seats two people comfortably with two high-backed seats, but perhaps its best feature the its custom-made pointed bow that gives the boat excellent control and speed. This is the kayak to get if you are looking to step up to the high-end of inflatable kayaks.
– PVC Tarpaulin hull ensures the kayak will last many years
– Pointed bow with rocker makes the kayak both stable and fast
– 3 different seating positions
– Each seat has a back rest, a bottle holder, and a small storage pocket
– Very portable thanks to light weight and grab handles
– Rear drain plug makes cleaning and draining the kayak a breeze
– 600 D polyester cover and carrying bag included