- 1. Astral Men’s Loyak Outdoor Shoe
- 2. NRS Men’s Crush Water Shoe
- 3. Neo Sport Premium Neoprene Men & Women Wetsuit Boots
- 4. Mares Equator Dive Boots
- 5. ALEADER Men’s Slip-on Athletic Water Shoes
A lot of people don’t think about the shoes they’re going to wear when they first get into kayaking, but it quickly becomes apparent that you need some good kayak shoes if you want to keep your feet nice and dry. Well, the great thing is that there are dozens of companies making great kayak shoes these days, so it isn’t too hard to find a pair that fit you just right.
Comfort and dependability are the two key attributes of kayak shoes, but the best ones stand out from the crowd by being built to last. They are flexible to give you plenty of room to move your feet, but they aren’t loose. They are also made of top quality materials so you won’t need to worry about them breaking down on you even after many uses.
There are quite a few different kinds of kayak shoes out there these days so it can be a tough mission to find the perfect shoes for you. Well, you’re in luck because we have put together a list of some of the top kayak shoes out there that both experienced and amateur kayakers love. There are a lot of differences between each pair of shoes, though, so be sure to look through their list of features before you commit to buying a pair.
Astral – Men’s Loyak Outdoor Shoe
These shoes from Astral are some of the nicest-looking kayak shoes that you are going to find. More importantly, though, they work as advertised. They have thick rubber on the soles to give you a great amount of protection and they have drainage holes to keep the water outside of the shoes at all times. These shoes were also built to last thanks to the hydrophobic canvas used all around the upper parts of the shoes.
– Hydrophobic canvas with Airmesh gives the shoes a great feel
– Flex-Grip outsole gives the shoe a great amount of flexibility
– 3 millimeter lugs
– EVA foam midsole for comfort and extra protection
– Water-resistant laces for when you’re out on the water
– Shoes come in 4 different color combinations
– 9 different sizes to choose from
NRS Men’s Crush Water Shoe
The NRS Crush kayak shoes were definitely made to keep your feet dry while out on the water, but they actually work quite well casual shoes too. The 1000 denier nylon upper shrugs ensure that the top of your feet are always protected and that the shoes will not fall apart when they come into contact with water. These are also some of the easiest shoes to put on and take off thanks to the unique crushable heel that the company designed. These are excellent kayak shoes for a fantastic price.
– Uppers made of DWR-coated 1000 denier nylon material
– Rubber outsoles give the shoes a nice amount of grip
– Crushable heel makes it very easy to put these kayak shoes on
– Sidewalls have ports that conveniently drain water away from your feet
– 6 inches high and 9 inches wide
– Shoes come in 2 different colors (Navy and Gunmetal)
– 10 different sizes to choose from
– 2 sets of laces included
Neo Sport Premium Neoprene Men & Women Wetsuit Boots
These neoprene water shoes from Neo Sport are the ones to get if you don’t want a single drop of water to tough your feet. These are thick shoes designed with wetsuit materials, so you can even walk through the water and stay dry! A lot of kayakers like to use these types of boots as kayak shoes during the cooler months because they are about as warm as shoes get yet they are also breathable.
– Made of a synthetic neoprene material
– Glued and sewn for maximum durability
– #10 heavy duty zippers make it very easy to put these shoes on and take them off
– Puncture resistant soles
– Unique design limits the amount of water that can get into the shoes
– Unisex design
– Shoes come in 3 different thicknesses
– 13 different sizes to choose from
Mares Equator Dive Boots
Every pair of shoes listed on this page was designed to last many years, but these boots from Mares might just be the most durable of the bunch. They are made of two millimeters of neoprene and they were glues and stitched to ensure that they stay together and keep the water out. Anyone can buy these boots for kayaking, but they make a lot of sense for people who already own wetsuits and want some shoes that can match them.
– They are made of nylon II neoprene material
– Vulcanized rubber sole for great grip
– Glued and blind stitched to ensure the kayak last a very long time
– Tall heel gives you extra protection when walking on rougher or rockier surfaces
– Shoes come in 2 different thicknesses
– Unisex design
– 12 different sizes to choose from
ALEADER Men’s Slip-on Athletic Water Shoes
These kayak shoes from ALEADER have been popular for years now because they are affordable, they look great, and they can do the job of protecting your feet while you’re out on the water. They are slip resistant they are highly breathable, and they dry very quickly, which are just some of the reasons why they continue to sell so well. They also come in four attractive color styles so what you end up with are workable kayak shoes that also happen to look great on your feet.
– Flexible textile fabric material
– Synthetic soles give these kayak boots an exceptional grip on most surfaces
– Breathable lining ensures the shoes are comfortable even after hours on the water
– Lighter than most other kayak shoes
– Great shock absorption thanks to the soft cushioning
– Shoes come in 4 different colors
– 11 different sizes to choose from