- 1. Raskullz Child Unicorn 5+ Helmets
- 2. Bell Rally Child Helmet
- 3. Razor V-17 Youth Multi-Sport Helmet
- 4. Schwinn Thrasher Microshell Bicycle Helmet
- 5. Krash Youth 8+ Mohawk Helmet
Each year about a half million children are seriously hurt in accidents that are related to riding a bicycle in the United States. In many of the cases, it is because the helmet didn’t fit them correctly and if it had, many of these injuries would have been minimized or even eliminated. The unfortunate things is that many parents don’t understand the importance of a quality bicycle helmet for their kids and they focus too much on the style or color as opposed to making sure it’s made well and it fits properly.
There are a few things you should consider when making the important purchase of a bicycle helmet for your child. The first and most obvious thing to consider is the fit of the helmet but after that you’ve got the use, adjustability, visors, buckle type, CPSC certifications and MIPS safety technology. There are a lot of things here to consider but they are all important when it comes to the safety of your child. If you can make the helmet look cool along the way, that’s a plus.
This is why we have come up with this list of some of the best kids’ bike helmets of 2019. These helmets are all highly rated and well-reviewed because of their quality and additional features. We hope that with a description of the product and a list of features, your shopping experience will become a little easier and you can find a great helmet for your child.
Raskullz Child Unicorn 5+ Helmets
While the Raskullz Child Unicorn 5+ Helmet might look like all glam and no functionality, you couldn’t be more wrong. Clearly, this is a helmet that your child is going to love just from the looks of it but it is also a safe a durable helmet to wear. It is a comfortable helmet with aerodynamic cooling vents to keep your child’s head cool during those warm summer months. It’s got an adjustable strap fit system that allows you to get a snug fit and if you’re not sure how to make it fit properly, Raskullz includes a diagram. It’s got a shock absorbing EPS shell to absorb any impact your child might face.
– Meets ASTM and CPSC standards
– Made for children 3 to 5 and fits heads from 48 cm to 54 cm
– Get a secure and comfortable fit with nylon adjustable chin strap
– Aerodynamic and vented helmet allows for great airflow
Bell Rally Child Helmet
The Bell Rally Child Helmet is one of the highest rated kids’ bike helmets made by Bell and they’ve been doing it for a long time. This is a good looking helmet with at least 8 different color scheme options. However, what makes this helmet one of the best of 2019 is how safe it is. The main safety feature is the True Fit offered by bell. This eliminates hardware and strap adjustments that are confusing. True Fit was made to fit perfectly every time your child wears the helmet with just on simple adjustment to make sure the chin strap is snug. Once that is done, you child can get riding.
– True Fit feature that allows for a simple chin strap adjustment to have a great fit
– Fits heads sizes 52 to 56 cm
– Great ventilation with 16 vents
– Tapeless technology
– Pinch free buckling with pinch guard
Razor V-17 Youth Multi-Sport Helmet
The Razor V-17 Youth Multi-Sport Helmet offers cutting edge design mixed with top end quality. This is the perfect helmet for skating, biking, or anything else that might require a helmet. The padding is ergonomically designed and it has additional sizing padding to make sure every helmet fits that specific person perfectly. It’s got 17 vents to keep your head cool at all times and it’s got side release buckles to make it easy to fasten and adjust the chin strap. This helmet has impact protection and as long as it fits properly (like with any helmet) your child’s head is in great hands.
– Youth safety helmet with cutting edge features – great for any sport that requires a helmet
– Comes in many color scheme options
– Security and comfort with ergonomic interior padding
– 17 side and top vents to help keep you child cool
– Fasten and adjust fast with side release buckles
– Fits heads that measure 22 to 23.5 inches
– For kids 8 to 14
Schwinn Thrasher Microshell Bicycle Helmet
The Schwinn Thrasher Microshell Bicycle Helmet comes in adult and youth sizes so, this is a great helmet for anyone and everyone. This is a fantastic all around helmet that offers a great deal of air flow with all the ventilation. It also features superior padding and an adjustable retention system to make sure the rider is always safe and comfortable. This has a 360 degree, dual-fit system that allows for fit adjustments while you’re on the fly. This is also a very durable helmet and has tapeless technology that increases the durability while adding a touch of style.
– Dual fit, 360 degree adjustable system for adjustments
– 20 vents for complete ventilation and cooling
– Tapeless technology for style and durability
– Heat sealed pads are integrated for durability and comfort
– Proper fit with side strap adjusters
– Full shell coverage
Krash Youth 8+ Mohawk Helmet
Don’t let the loud looks of this helmet fool you, the Krash Youth 8+ Mohawk Helmet is safe and durable helmet that will keep your child safe when they ride your bike. This is why it made our list of one of the best kids’ bike helmets of 2019. Not only does it have a cool look, aerodynamic cooling vents and an adjustable strap fit system, this helmet also offers the kid wearing it a shock absorbing EPS shell that will absorb the impact of any fall they might encounter.
– ASTM and CPSC certified
– Protect your head with the shock absorbing EPS inner shell
– Head will stay cool with aerodynamic cooling vents
– Molded 3D design
– Nylon straps for adjustment and fit