This might be the first bike you’ve ever had to choose for your child or you might just be looking for some better advice. No matter your reason for being here today, we are going to help you go through some of the best kids’ bikes of the year.
Bikes for children used to be an item reserved for Christmas. These days people are buying them in the warmer weather because it is the best time to own a bike. However, the choice can be hard because there are a lot of things to consider. What size should you buy? Should I buy coaster or hand brakes? Street or knobby tires? These are just a few of the things that parents have to decipher when they are buying a bicycle for their child.
That being said, much is going to be up to your child and how adept they are at riding a bike. Because we know the decisions can be difficult, we created this list of some of the best kid’s bikes of 2019 with a description and list of features that will make your buying process a little easier. All of these bikes are highly rated and well-reviewed so you can be assured that all of the following bikes will be a good choice for your child.
Dynacraft Magna Gravel Blaster Boys BMX Street/Dirt Bike 12″
The Dynacraft Magna Gravel Blaster Boys BMX Street/Dirt Bike 12″ is a great beginner bike for boys. This 12” bike is recommended for boys ages 3 to 5 and that weight up to 50 lbs. This is going to be your little boy’s favorite thing to do once he lays eyes on this bike. This one speed, striking and bright bike will get any kid around without problems. If your child is a new rider, the adjustable training wheels will make it easy for your child to learn and the coaster breaks make stopping second nature. There are a lot of great features on this bike and it won’t cost you a lot to get your child riding.
– Bold graphics on the handlebar pad
– Boys BMX custom frame with high gloss finish
– 12 inch tires with bright green rims
– Adjustable and removeable training wheels allows you child to take it to the next step when they’re ready
– Coaster brakes for solid control
Hot Wheels Dynacraft Boys BMX Street/Dirt Bike with Hand Brake 16″
The Hot Wheels Dynacraft Boys BMX Street/Dirt Bike with Hand Brake has 16” tires and is ready for action. This is another beginner bike made for boys ages 4 to 8 and up to 81 lbs. It’s got a two brake system offering coaster brakes as well as a hand brake for your child to learn on. The handlebar shield looks great and has the Hot Wheels details on it. The seat is a padded for comfort and it has training wheels that are adjustable and able to be removed for the times when your child is ready to take the next step in learning to ride. This is great beginner bike that your little boy will fall in love with.
– Beginner BMX bike with rear coaster brakes and front hand brake
– Hot Wheels graphics on handlebar shield
– Removable and adjustable training wheels
– Two tone orange and black tires on red rims
– Frame and fork have a lifetime warranty
– For ages 4 to 8 and up to 81 lbs.
Titan Girl’s Flower Princess BMX Bike, Pink, 16-Inch
For the young ladies we have the Titan Girl’s Flower Princess BMX Bike. This bicycle might look cute but it is ready to take on all the wear and tear that your child is prepared to dish out. This is a 16 inch BMX bike that has streamers, training wheels, a doll seat and a basket. This bike is for girls up to 28 lbs.
The training wheels will allow her to keep the bike steady until she is ready to move on to the next step. The colors, streamers and basket are going to make your little girl fall in love fast. The only problem you might have is getting her to come in for dinner.
– 16 inch Pink BMX
– Features streamers, a basket, doll seat and training wheels
– Multi-colored bike seat, training wheel brackets, grips and tires
– Includes handlebar pads
– Great for any birthday or holiday
Monster High Dynacraft Girls BMX Street/Dirt Bike 18″
The Monster High Dynacraft Girls BMX Street/Dirt Bike is 18 inches and made for girls ages 6 to 9 and up to 89 lbs. This bike features a girls BMX frame with deluxe padded saddle for all day comfort. This bike has rear and front hand brakes in addition to rear coaster brakes for added stopping power. It also has a very cool paint job for the little girl that is always looking forward to Halloween. It’s got skulls all over in graphics for your tough little girl. A crossbar and handlebar pad provides safety. The training wheels can be adjusted or removed based on how far along your child is on the learning curve.
– Girls 18 inch BMX bike
– Front and rear hand brakes as well as rear coaster brakes
– Removeable and adjustable training wheels
– Crossbar/handlebar pad
– Adjustable and deluxe saddle seat
– Lifetime warranty on fork and frame
– For girls 6 to 9 and up to 89 lbs.
RoyalBaby BMX Freestyle Kid’s Bike
The RoyalBaby BMX Freestyle Kid’s Bike is ready for action. This bike was designed with safety and style in mind. It’s got stars on the grips, custom tire tread and training wheels that are unique and functional. All of these features add up to something you child is going to love. It’s got a fully enclosed chain guard to keep clothes or fingers from getting caught in it and it’s got flanged grips to help keep your child’s hands from slipping off. This bike is for children under 6 years old.
– Sporty bike for both boys and girls
– Adjustable and removeable training wheels
– Quick release seat post for easy adjustment
– Minimal assembly
– Sturdy steel frame, ball bearing drive shaft, one piece crank, steel wheels and a full chain guard
– Comes with assembly tools, bell, water bottle and cage