Last Updated on June 28, 2023
Choosing the right pair of baseball cleats is really important in the sport. This is a game of inches and this applies to a runner beating out a throw to first as well as a pitcher painting the corner of the strike zone. With so much on the line, it is no surprise that baseball player are looking for any edge they can get and making sure they have the right pair of baseball cleats are right at the top of the list.
The right pair of cleats can improve your flexibility for quicker and more explosive movements on the base path. They are going to help you to move faster and avoid injuries on the diamond when fielding balls because they provide you stability and traction. People understand the importance of having a good pair of cleats and now you have to decide what to get and what to look for.
When buying a new pair of cleats, you should take construction, position, ankle support, size and cleat regulations. With that said, we are specifically talking about metal baseball cleats today. Metal cleats give you the best traction because they are able to dig into grass and dirt with great effectiveness. This grip allows you to stop and start at a faster clip and you won’t slip as much because of that. They have also been known to cause injuries because of the suddenness of the change in direction and other players getting “spiked.” That said, make sure you find out if metal baseball cleats are allowed in your league.
With all the options out there, we wanted to give you a list of some of the best metal baseball cleats of 2019. We hope this list makes shopping for them a little easier for you.
- 1. NIKE Men’s Air Huarache 2kfilth Elite Mid Baseball Cleat
- 2. adidas Men’s Adizero Afterburner V Baseball Shoe
- 3. New Balance Men’s L4040v4 Metal
- 4. Mizuno Men’s 9-Spike Dominant Ic Low Baseball Cleat Shoe
- 5. Under Armour Men’s Deception Low DiamondTips Baseball Shoe
NIKE Men’s Air Huarache 2kfilth Elite Mid Baseball Cleat
For around $50, you can get your hands on the Nike Men’s Air Huarache 2kfilth Elite Mid Baseball Cleat. These cleats do a great job of feeling comfortable and easy to get your feet into while feeling snug and secure. Nike has long been at the forefront of sporting equipment and high quality sporting equipment as well. They also do a great job of giving the consumer plenty of color scheme options because if we’re being honest, looking good on the field is also something we think about. In total, we love these shoes for the price point. They are simple and effective.
– Premium Mesh and synthetic leather uppers
– Phylon midsole
– Flywire technology that offers dynamic performance
– Nine strategically placed cleats in a Pebax plate
– Full length condensed Nike Zoom unit
adidas Men’s Adizero Afterburner V Baseball Shoe
The adidas Men’s Adizero Afterburner V Baseball Shoe is one of the lightest metal baseball cleats that we’ve seen. This shoe features a midsole that features double the thickness that you’ll see in most cleats which gives the plater less cleat pressure and more comfort. The bootee construction and Sprintskin give a sock like fit that is lightweight and durable while you get all the traction you can handle with the Sprintframe plate. We are big fans of these adidas metal baseball cleats
– Synthetic sole
– Sprintskin upper is lightweight and offers great support
– The Sprintframe plate with an external heel features a rotational traction zone and Sprintstuds for traction
– Ironskin toe cap gives great resistance to abrasion in the toe drag area where you see the most wear and tear
– Get a comfortable and tight fit with sock-like construction
New Balance Men’s L4040v4 Metal
The New Balance Men’s L4040v4 Metal Cleats comes in four bright and vibrant colors to match any color scheme your team is wearing. These cleats feature characteristics of a great baseball cleat from the end of each spike to the tongue of the shoe. This is an ounce lighter than the model from the previous year and is just as flexible and durable. Get increased durability with the TPU mesh built into the upper while keeping all the ventilation and breathability that is common in most meshes. It’s got a lace cage so your shoe laces don’t get in the way while you’re running.
– Lightweight cushioned midsoles
– 100% nubuck/synthetic upper
– Durable and tough to last multiple seasons
– Flexible and supportive plate for the spikes
– TPU mesh upper offers durability and comfort
Mizuno Men’s 9-Spike Dominant Ic Low Baseball Cleat Shoe
The Mizuno Men’s 9-Spike Dominant Ic Low Metal Baseball Cleat Shoe is another metal baseball cleat that we love for 2019. Mizuno has done it again with this great metal baseball cleat. The emphasis when building this cleat revolved around enhanced cushioning, soft flexibility and superior comfort. This cleat uses the Mizuno Wave technology that helps the player maintain a stable posture while fielding and hitting and it does this by absorbing the pressure that occurs when planting your feet or making an aggressive play on the ball. You won’t have to worry about stability or comfort when you are wearing the 9-Spike Dominant Ic Low Metal Baseball Cleat Shoe by Mizuno.
– Synthetic and textile
– Two layered mesh upper for comfort and flexibility
– Get stability while throwing and hitting with the Mizuno Wave features
– 9 spike technology
Under Armour Men’s Deception Low DiamondTips Baseball Shoe
The Under Armour Men’s Deception Low DiamondTips Baseball Shoe a shoe designed with a pursuit of innovation in mind. These shoes are made of synthetic leather, TPU and steel in the cleats. The sole is also made of a synthetic rubber. The UA DiamondTips combines the traction of metal with the comfort of molded Pebax which means you are going to have a durable and functional shoe that will feel great when you are running down the base path. This shoe is very light and offers the player UA ClutchFit technology that gives the player a “second skin” for incredible feel and powerful support. Overall, these metal baseball cleats are quality made by a quality company. They feel great and they look great with many color options to choose from.
– UA DiamondTips that combine the traction of a metal cleat with the comfort of molded Pebax
– Lightweight shoe
– UA ClutchFit technology to wrap your ankle with a “second skin” that offers great feel and wonderful support
– Internal booty gives customized and snug fit