- 1. Third Coast Arbor 100 Sit in Recreational Kayak
- 2. Sun Dolphin Aruba 10-Foot Sit-in Kayak
- 3. Lifetime Arrow 103 Sit-In Kayak
- 4. Ocean Kayak Frenzy Sit-On-Top Recreational Kayak
- 5. Old Town Canoes & Kayaks Heron 9XT Recreational Kayak
Kayaking is an excellent way to get out of the house and have an adventure without breaking the bank. If you are looking for a new recreational kayak for you or your family, you are in luck because there are a lot of great ones made by a bunch of highly respected companies. It is just a matter of finding the perfect one that meets all of your needs and then getting it out on the water.
The two key things you’ll want to think about when choosing a new recreational kayak is the price range and the type of kayak you want. There are sit on top kayaks, which are known as the most stable kayaks built, and there are sit in kayaks, which do a better job of keeping riders dry while also offering extra room for storage.
Kayaking is very popular these days, so there are a lot of great recreational kayaks to choose from right now. Rather than searching around and trying to find the best one for you, we recommend taking a look at the list below. These recreational kayaks are considered to be the best on the market because they’re stable, they perform, and they aren’t overly expensive. Be sure to take a look at each of their unique features before you commit to buy one.
Third Coast Arbor 100 Sit in Recreational Kayak
It is very easy to see why so many people have enjoyed their rides in the Third Coast Arbor 100. It is a beautiful boat that was built to allow people to sit in comfort as they glide across the water. The key feature of this recreational kayak is its fully adjustable seat, which has a cushioned back that can keep you comfortable for hours on end. It also has an adjustable foot brace system with thigh pads so it feels like the kayak was made for you and only you.
– Made of a rot molded polyethylene material
– Adjustable seat with a deluxe seat back
– Foot brake system with thigh pads makes for a very comfortable ride
– Cushioned carrying handles make it easy to carry
– Sleek yellow, blue, and white design
– 10 feet long and 50 pounds
Sun Dolphin Aruba 10-Foot Sit-in Kayak
What’s great about this Sun Dolphin recreational kayak is that it has all of the features that most kayakers want but it is much cheaper than other similar kayaks. It is very easy to get comfortable in it thanks to the adjustable seat and foot braces, and it was built to last with its strong polyethylene body. It also has plenty of storage space, which is great for people who like to take their kayaks out on the water for many hours.
– Made of a UV-stabilized Fortiflex polyethylene material
– Very open cockpit that gives you plenty of room to move and breathe
– Easily adjustable foot braces for great comfort
– Large storage space for your gear
– Comfortable carrying handles
– Water bottle holder
– Comes in 7 different colors
– 10 feet long and 40 pounds
Lifetime Arrow 103 Sit-In Kayak
The Lifetime Arrow 103 is a sleek looking recreational kayak that has excellent stability and tracking. The skeg wheel ensures you’ll stay straight and the hull was designed in such a way that even newcomers to kayaking will have an easy time keeping the boat balanced. The foot braces are also excellent as they allow you to adjust your position until you are perfectly comfortable inside of the cockpit. All in all, this is a fantastic recreational kayak at a very affordable price.
– Made of a high quality polyethylene material
– Flat bottom with tracking channels ensures great control over the kayak
– Easy tracking thanks to skeg wheel
– Extra storage for gear in the rear hatch
– Durable adjustable foot braces
– Comes in 2 different colors: Teal and Orange
– 10 feet long and 46 pounds
– 275 pound weight capacity
Ocean Kayak Frenzy Sit-On-Top Recreational Kayak
The Ocean Kayak Frenzy is a recreational kayak that performs brilliantly both on flat water and in the surf. It has the highly coveted Comfort Plus seats that feel fantastic on your back and bottom, and it also has plenty of leg room. The stern tank well also gives you plenty of room to store food, gear, or anything else that you want to take with you on your adventure. This is a kayak that can be used by anyone as it is one of the most stable and responsive kayaks that you can buy at this price.
– Made of a high quality polyethylene material
– Easy to control, making it a great recreational kayak for beginners
– Extra stability thanks to the company’s Tri-Form hull
– Four-way adjustable Comfort Plus seat
– A lot of storage space for gear
– Comes in 3 different colors: Envy, Sunrise, and Yellow
– 9 feet long and 44 pounds
– 325 weight capacity
Old Town Canoes & Kayaks Heron 9XT Recreational Kayak
This feature-rich recreational kayak from Old Town Canoes & Kayaks offers kayakers fantastic comfort and performance at a very low price. Its slightly wider design ensures it will be a stable ride even for beginners, and experienced kayakers will appreciate the amount of comfort it provides thanks to its padded adjustable seat and its Track foot braces. It is also a lightweight kayak, so you can very easily use the attached handles to take it out by yourself if no one is around to help you load or unload it.
– Made of a durable polyethylene material
– Nicely padded adjustable comfort flex seat
– Plenty of storage space in the stern hatch
– Adjustable track foot braces and thigh pads for maximum comfort and control
– Carrying handles with excellent grips
– Comes in 3 different colors: Lemongrass, Cloud, and Sunrise
– 9.5 feet long and 39 pounds