- 1. Riot Kayaks Boogie 50 Whitewater Surf Kayak
- 2. Ocean Kayak Frenzy Sit-On-Top Recreational Kayak
- 3. Dagger Jitsu Freestyle Play Whitewater Kayak
- 4. Sun Dolphin Bali SS 12-Foot Sit-on top Kayak
- 5. Intex Challenger K2 Kayak
It used to be that most people would buy their kayaks for fishing or just simple adventuring, but these days a lot of people are interested in hitting the waves with surf ski kayaks. These kayaks are made specifically so they can be surfed, though most of them can be used in other ways as well.
It can be pretty challenging to find the perfect surf ski kayak since there are so many different types of kayaks out there. The truth is that you can use touring kayaks, recreational kayaks, white water kayaks, and many others can be used to surf. There are also surf skis that were specifically designed to take on very large waves, though those are still mostly just popular in Australia right now.
There are a lot of kayaks to choose from these days, but only some function well as surf ski kayaks. Below you will find some of the very best surf ski kayaks on the market right now. All of them have hulls that were designed to perform very well on the waves and none of them are overpriced. Before you choose one, be sure to look over all of their features to get a feel for what makes them stand out from the crowd.
Enjoy this list of some of the best surf ski kayaks of 2019.
Riot Kayaks Boogie 50 Whitewater Surf Kayak
This surf ski kayak from Riot Kayaks was designed to be able to take on both small and big waves alike. It was given a unique shape to provide the rider with an insane amount of control while also giving the kayak plenty of speed and power. Not only is it a high performer, it is also very comfortable thanks to its great power seat and its foam foot blocks. This is an excellent solo surf kayak that is equally great for new and experienced kayakers.
– Unique kayak shape made for speed and power
– Surfing powerseat ensures you get a great range of motion
– Padded knee pockets for added comfort
– Foam foot blocks conform to your feet for a comfortable ride
– Very affordable when compared to other kayaks designed for whitewater
– Just under 8 feet long and weighs 35 pounds
Ocean Kayak Frenzy Sit-On-Top Recreational Kayak
If you are looking to buy a kayak that you can do just about anything in, you will definitely want to look into the Ocean Kayak Frenzy. This recreational kayak is equally great in the surf and on calm waters, so you will never have to buy another kayak when you want to do one over the other. It has a fully adjustable seat and plenty of storage space, making it one of the better all-in-one surf kayaks on the market today.
– Great for all experience levels thanks to its responsiveness
– Unique hull gives the rider fantastic stability
– Comfort Plus seat is excellent for bottom and back support while riding
– Molded-in handles make it very easy to transport
– Plenty of storage space for gear and food
– 3 different colors to choose from (Sunrise, Envy, and Yellow)
Dagger Jitsu Freestyle Play Whitewater Kayak
The Dagger Jitsu is one of the top surf ski kayaks in the world because it can take on just about any big wave that is thrown its way. It has been one of the more popular kayaks since back in 2013 when it was awarded the Best Gear for the Water by The Active Times. It has excellent speed and release on waves, and as an added benefit you will be extremely comfortable for the entire ride thanks to its adjustable seat and brace systems.
– Designed to be able to handle the biggest waves with ease
– Smooth ride but with great speed and release on waves
– Fantastic stability thanks to the kayak’s unique rocker profile
– Fully adjustable seat with padded foot and thigh brace systems
– Just under 6 feet long and weighs 55 pounds
Sun Dolphin Bali SS 12-Foot Sit-on top Kayak
Sun Dolphin has been one of the top kayak makers in the world for a while now, and the Bali SS is their best surf ski kayak option. This is yet another kayak that can be used for multiple purposes, such as relaxing paddles on still water or going up against the waves. It paddles and handles with ease and there is a ton of storage space thanks to the company’s Portable Accessory Carrier. Oh, and this is also one of the more comfortable sit on top kayaks out there as it has plenty of sitting space and fully adjustable thigh pads and foot braces.
– High density polyethylene material used
– Designed to give the rider maximum stability
– Large seat with adjustable padded thigh pads and foot braces
– Plenty of storage space for gear and other items
– 3 colors to choose from (Red, Green, and Blue)
– 12 feet long and weighs 48 pounds
– Maximum weight capacity of 395 pounds
Intex Challenger K2 Kayak
If you are looking for an inflatable kayak, the Intex Challenger K2 is probably your best option as thousands of people own and love this kayak for a number of reasons. It is made of a very tough vinyl material that is extremely tough to puncture and you never have to worry about it taking any sun damage. This is also one of the better tandem surf ski kayaks that you can buy, so if you and someone else want to hit the waves, be sure to check out this excellent inflatable kayak.
– Made of a very tough vinyl material
– Designed to make paddling easy for beginner and experienced kayakers
– Resistant to UV ray damage and punctures
– Quick to inflate and deflate thanks to Intex high-output pump
– Very attractive bright green and blue graphics
– 11.5 feet long with a weight capacity of 400 pounds
– Includes 2 aluminum paddles