- 1. Sticky Bumps Original Surf Board Wax
- 2. Sex Wax Mixed 5 Pack
- 3. Mr. Zogs Original Sexwax – Warm Water Temperature
- 4. Mrs. Palmers Tropical Surfboard Wax
- 5. Bubble Gum Surf Wax
Surfboard wax is a very essential part of the surfing experience because you really don’t want to have to worry about your grip on your board. The best surfboard wax will stay on your board the whole time you’re out on the water and will keep you from slipping off. You will want to find a wax that you can depend on so you can enjoy yourself while riding the waves.
New surfers often see surf wax and assume that every brand makes the exact same product, which couldn’t be further from the truth. Some are definitely higher quality than others and will stay on your board much longer. The other thing that most new surfers don’t realize is that there are different grades of wax made for different water temperatures.
You probably already know that there are a bunch of different surfboard waxes out there these days, which can make the shopping process that much tougher. Rather than going about trying to find the perfect wax, we recommend taking a look at the list of highly rated waxes below and choose the one that you think will work best for your surfing needs.
We hope this list of some of the best surfboard wax of 2019 is helpful.
Sticky Bumps Original Surf Board Wax
Sticky Bumps is easily the most well-known name in surfboard wax because surfers have been relying on their products for decades now. The wax is easy to apply, it has the unique bumps that give you excellent traction on your board, and it will not melt off in the sun. Plus, every single stick of wax is made of completely environmentally friendly materials, so they also go all-out to make sure that their products never hurt the environment in any way. Put all of that together and it just makes sense that Sticky Bumps surfboard wax continues to be one of the top-selling waxes on the market today.
– Unique additive ensures the wax sticks to the board
– Gives surfers and excellent grip on their boards
– Wax is biodegradable thanks to emulsifying process
– Multiple fresh scents to choose from
– Made to be used at or above 75 degrees Fahrenheit
– Each bar weighs 80 grams
Sex Wax Mixed 5 Pack
Sex Wax is yet another company that has been in the surfboard wax game for a long time and people simply love their line of products. They have a huge customer base because they make waxes for every water temperature and the unique scents smell fresh and fantastic out on the water. If you buy this wax you can be very confident that it will do the job of keeping your feet gripped to your board and will not wear off even after hours of taking on the waves. Considering it is one of the best surfboard waxes around, it is surprising that they still sell their 5-packs for such a low price.
– Long-lasting wax that is easy to apply
– Provides excellent traction
– Very low price compared to other premium waxes
– One of the best smelling surfboard waxes on the market
– 4 different temperatures to choose from (Cool, Cold, Tropical, and Warm)
– Includes 5 bars of wax
Mr. Zogs Original Sexwax – Warm Water Temperature
Mr. Zogs Original is yet another iconic surfboard wax that many consider to be the best for a number of reasons. It is relied on by surfers, hockey players, and even drummers because they always know that they are going to get a very dependable wax that will last for many hours at a time. Another reason why many people see it as the best wax out there is because they make a number of fantastic scents, including a coconut and a grape scented wax. It’s a smooth feeling and great smelling wax that comes at a very low price.
– Goes on very smoothly compared to other surfboard waxes
– Works great as a base or as a top coat of wax
– Designed to be used for surfboards, drums, and hockey sticks
– Will never spoil
– 4 different scents to choose from (Coconut, Strawberry, Pineapple, and Grape)
– Manufactured in the United States
Mrs. Palmers Tropical Surfboard Wax
This 5-pack of surfboard wax from Mrs. Palmers is one of the most affordable high-rated waxes out there right now. It doesn’t have the flashy packaging that some of the other brands use, but it is very sticky and it was made to last about as long as you could hope for in 75 degree water. You never have to worry about it melting down on you and you really don’t have to worry about losing your grip on your board. This might just be the best surfboard wax for beginners that you can find right now.
– Ultra sticky design for an excellent grip on the surfboard
– Tropical formula ideal for temperatures at and above 75 degrees
– Won’t wear off even after many hours in the water
– Natural product so very low chance of rash
– 5 wax bars in the pack
Bubble Gum Surf Wax
This 10-pack of surfboard wax from Bubble Gum is all you need if you know that you need waxes that can cover every water temperature. The wax is easy to apply thanks to the included surf comb and it is guaranteed to last many hours on your board. The company has barely needed to change their formula over the last 35+ years because surfers who use it know that they can rely on it to stick well to their boards and give them fantastic control while their out on the waves. If you end up liking the wax, you’ll have enough to last you an entire season.
– Gives surfers excellent traction while out on the water
– Designed to stay on the board without melting for many hours
– Surf comb included for simple application
– Excellent bubble gum scent
– 4 temperatures to choose from
– Pack of 10 surfboard wax bars