For snowshoers, trekkers, backpackers, hikers and walkers, hiking staffs and trekking poles are a must in a lot of cases. The reason is because they help you to keep your balance and therefore, avoid injury. Anything can happen while you are out there so having something to counter balance with is really helpful. In this case we are going to be discussing trekking poles.
When finding the right trekking poles for you, there are a few things to consider. First of all, you need to determine the right length for you. The goals should be to have a 90 degree angle in the bend of your elbow when the ground touches the tip of the poles. Next, you need to find the features that suit you. Things like shock absorption, foldability, locking mechanisms, adjustability and weight are a few of the options and features that will help you come to a decision. Finally, you’ll need to learn how to use them but that will come in time and practice.
Because you are here looking for trekking poles, we wanted to share some of favorite ones on the market this year. These trekking poles are some of the best out there for different reasons and they are all highly rated so you can’t go wrong with any of them.
We hope you enjoy our list of trekking poles.
BAFX Products – 2 Pack – Anti Shock Hiking / Walking / Trekking Trail Poles
First to crack our list of top trekking poles out there right now come the BAFX Products 2 pack of anti-shock trekking poles. These trekking poles come in three different colors and enter our list as the most affordable, yet trustworthy trekking poles on our list. These trekking poles are made from durable and lightweight aluminum and they work great whether you are just starting out or you are experienced in hiking, skiing, camping or trekking. The anti-shock feature and the support these trekking poles offer really make these a great set to have.
– Built with high grade, durable aluminum
– Poles weight around 12.4 ounces each
– Expand from 25.5 inches to 52 inches
– 4 rubber tips
– For more rugged terrain, these poles have carbide tips under the rubber tips
– Comfortable and ergonomic grips and a better grip with light ribbing
– Padded and wider wrist straps
– Also get 1 set of mud baskets
– 1 year warranty
Montem Ultra Strong Cork Hiking/Walking/Trekking Poles
Next on our list come the ultra-strong cork trekking poles by Montem. These trekking poles used today’s technology mixed with the traditional real cork that you’ve come to know from Montem. These trekking poles will support you as they are durable and tough while being made of Aluminum 7075. This is the same material used to build airplanes so if it is good enough for them, it’s good enough for these poles. They come with two poles, a clip to keep the poles together, a set of mud baskets and free replaceable rubber tips. For around $60, you are getting quality trekking poles that will get you through the toughest of terrains.
– Adjustable bolts that go from 24 inches to 53 inches to provide the perfect height
– These trekking poles come with nylon straps so you don’t have to worry about dropping them
– Constructed out of Aluminum 7075 for top notch durability
– Cork handles for your grip
– One year limited warranty
Cascade Mountain Tech Carbon Fiber Quick Lock Trekking Poles
These trekking poles by Cascade Mountain offer you great value for a quality product. They are made of carbon which will offset the weight of some of some of the other components which gives you a light pole. There are lighter carbons out there, sure, but these guys made these affordable by offering a standard grade carbon that works great while using less expensive and heavier hardware components to offset the weight. If you are an avid hiker, you may want to step it up a notch but for those who like to get out there a few times a week, these trekking poles will work great.
– 100% carbon fiber for high quality and durability
– Lightweight and compact as they weight less than a pound for each pole
– Extendable with quick lock so you can adjust the poles to your perfect height
– Cork grip that will keep your hands comfortable with low vibration
– Carbide tips
– Adjustable wrist straps
– Bonus – small rubber feet and snow basket
Foxelli Trekking Poles
Foxelli Trekking Poles knock it out of the park in terms of quality and price. These lightweight, collapsible trekking poles might be the last ones you have to get for a long time. They are made of carbon fiber, shock-absorbent, have quick locks and use natural cork grips for an all-terrain set of trekking poles. You get rubber tips to cover the carbide tips if you travel on dirt trails and gravel and when you get to the harder stuff, just take the rubber tips off. These trekking poles are fantastic and are rated extremely high for a reason.
– Carbon fiber build makes for an ultra-light and shock absorbent trip
– Weight is only 7 ounces per pole
– One size fits all with quick lock technology that allows you to adjust these poles from 24 inches to 55 inches
– Cork grips that are naturally anti-slip
Black Diamond Alpine Carbon Cork
Finally, we’ve got the Black Diamond Alpine Carbon Cork trekking poles. For just around $150, you are getting a fully adjustable, four season, highly versatile pole that is built with an ergonomically angled grip and premium materials. These trekking poles are perfect for winter touring, long hikes and backpacking trips. They feature a durable padded wrist strap as well as an angled cork grip that wicks away moisture for total comfort. These might be are favorite trekking poles of the bunch but are a little more expensive than the others. However, they are worth the cost.
– No slipping with the EVA foam grip extension
– High quality cork grip with adjustable 360 degree sewn on strap and dual density top
– 3 section carbon fiber shaft
– Adjustable poles with dual flick lock pro adjustability that go from 25 inches to 51 inches
– Carbide tech tips are interchangeable, they come with powder baskets and trekking baskets