- 1. Neo Sport Multi-Density Wetsuit Hood
- 2. Henderson Lycra Hot Skins Bib Hood
- 3. Hyperflex Wetsuits Men’s Hood 5/3mm Bibbed Hood
- 4. A Point Wetsuits Premium Neoprene Hot Skins Hood
- 5. Junlan 3mm Neoprene Diving Hood
Wetsuit hood have come a long way over the last decade or so as they now do a much better job of keeping people warm while they’re surfing, fishing, or doing anything else in the water. The best ones are those that you can put on and forget about because you know that you can rely on them to do what they were made to do.
There are a couple of things to keep in mind when buying wetsuit hoods. First off, you need your hood to fit since you want it to be comfortable on your head and you want your entire neck to be covered so no water gets through. You also obviously want it to keep your head at a consistently warm temperature. Lastly, you want your wetsuit hood to last a long time; some hoods do a great job for surfers for a few months and then start to break down.
Below are five of the very best wetsuit hoods that you can purchase right now. You will want to make sure you look through their features, such as the materials they are made of, the sizes they are sold in, and anything else that makes them stand out from the pack. All of these wetsuit hoods are very highly rated, but you will want to find the perfect hood for you and your needs.
Check out this list of the some of the best wetsuit hoods of 2019.
Neo Sport Multi-Density Wetsuit Hood
Comfort and warmth are the two things you want most from a wetsuit hood, and Neo Sport has done an amazing job of checking both of those boxes with this hood. It comes in three different thicknesses depending on when you’re using it and the type of water sport you’re using it for, and each has a unique face seal that keeps the water off of your skin even if you’re using it for hours at a time. They also have longer necks so they easily fit underneath any type of wetsuit.
– Designed for extended use while surfing
– Flow Vent in the crown of the hood to give excellent breathability
– Unique skin face seal ensures that water stays off of your face
– Made to be trimmed down to fit your face perfectly
– Made for any type of underwater or surface watersport activity
– Multiple styles and sizes to choose from
Henderson Lycra Hot Skins Bib Hood
Henderson wanted to make wetsuit hood that works well and that everyone can afford, and they certainly accomplished that with their Hot Skins bib hood. It is a one-size-fits-all design that is light as a feather so it will never weight you down when you’re out in the water. This is a great wetsuit hood for surfers because of its light weight and the fact that isn’t as tight as some of the other hoods out there. As an added bonus, the Lycra material does an amazing job of keeping sea lice off of your skin.
– Made from soft Lycra material
– One size fits all
– Large bib to fit with other wetsuit clothing
– Breathable, so great for both cold and warm weather
– UV protection
– Slightly looser fit than other popular wetsuit hoods for better maneuverability
– Designed to protect against sea lice
– Comes in 2 colors (black and blue)
Hyperflex Wetsuits Men’s Hood 5/3mm Bibbed Hood
If you’re looking for a thicker, warmer hood, then you will definitely want to check out this Hyperflex wetsuit hood. It’s made of neoprene, which is one of the most trusted waterproof materials out there and it also has plenty of flexibility despite being quite thick. Another thing we really like about these hoods is that they have a great seal so you can be sure that no water will get through. These are also some of the easiest wetsuit hoods to clean as all you have to do is give them a quick rinse with some cold water and then let them air dry for a little bit.
– Hood made from 100 percent neoprene fabric
– Completely waterproof
– Works equally well in all weather conditions
– Stitched seams ensures you stay warm even for extended periods in the water
– Easily secured on face with shock cord
– Easy to clean and quick to dry
A Point Wetsuits Premium Neoprene 1mm Sport Cap Hot Skins Hood
This feature rich wetsuit hood from A Point Diving is a great mix of comfort and protection. It is made of neoprene, so you know that no water is going to reach your skin and that it will keep you warm even over extended periods in the water. They have also put a unique Velcro chin strap on the hood, which was a great idea because it’s often around the chin area where surfers say water can sometimes seep through their suits.
– Wetsuit hood made from 1 millimeter of premium neoprene
– Designed to fit snuggly on the face and neck
– One of the most comfortable wetsuit hoods on the market thanks to the unique flatlock seams
– Adjustable Velcro chin strap
– 4 sizes to choose from (small, medium, large, and extra-large)
– Easily rinsed and dried, so no need to machine wash
Junlan 3mm Neoprene Diving Hood
This Junlan wetsuit hood is right up there with the best-fitting hoods on the market today. The hood was designed to have plenty of elasticity, so you will always know that it will fit perfectly all the way around your head even after many uses. It is also one of the warmest hoods thanks to the three millimeters of neoprene and polyester used.
– Wetsuit hood made from a unique neoprene and polyester blend material
– Full face mask
– Elastic design ensures that the hood will conform to your head, face, and neck
– One of the thickest wetsuit hoods out there, keeping your head warm and protected at all times
– Added space for people with longer hair
– 100 percent money back guarantee